Paradox Store & Launcher - updates and changelogs

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I had an idea and I would like to share
wp8h37.png

Well this is just a suggestion for the layout, a button for forum direct in the GUI instead of being on the button support and a direct button to the game wiki that would also be interesting.
a browser in the launcher itself similar to the browser that opens inside the game in window mode only that static.
I would also like to add the idea of chat, online friends inside the launcher, well this is my idea I hope it will be received, sorry I did not know if I could send it here in the forum.

I had an idea and I would like to share
wp8h37.png

Well this is just a suggestion for the layout, a button for forum direct in the GUI instead of being on the button support and a direct button to the game wiki that would also be interesting.
a browser in the launcher itself similar to the browser that opens inside the game in window mode only that static.
I would also like to add the idea of chat, online friends inside the launcher, well this is my idea I hope it will be received, sorry I did not know if I could send it here in the forum.
Good ideas, be careful for what you wish for ;)

A brief update on two new Paradox Store features:

Watchlist
Logged in users can now add games to a watchlist to keep track of releases and promotions
upload_2018-6-12_14-45-40.png

Try it out for Imperator: Rome

Games can also be added straight from browsing products by clicking the star symbol:

upload_2018-6-12_14-49-42.png

upload_2018-6-12_14-50-57.png

In library function is now more stable, products with ownership tied to your Paradox account are checked in product listings.

upload_2018-6-12_14-51-57.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-12_14-45-13.png
    upload_2018-6-12_14-45-13.png
    4,1 KB · Views: 35
Good afternoon!

First a little introduction - I'm your newly minted distribution manager. This means that I'm mapsu's minion when it comes to launcher and all things concerning the PDX way of distributing our games.

Now for the actual news. A new version of the launcher is going out today (now-ish actually). This time it's a bit of a bugfix release:

Code:
beta-24:

* Added support to install games in deeper directory paths on Windows 10.
* Fixed a bug with logging, where log files would randomly not get updated.
* Added a --debug flag, that dumps debug output to files.

Sweet, that is nice to hear ! :)

i guess not all Paradox games are available on PDX Launcher ?
Correct. At present only Stellaris, Surviving Mars, BattleTech and Tyranny are supported.

Good afternoon!

First a little introduction - I'm your newly minted distribution manager. This means that I'm mapsu's minion when it comes to launcher and all things concerning the PDX way of distributing our games.

Now for the actual news. A new version of the launcher is going out today (now-ish actually). This time it's a bit of a bugfix release:
beta-24

I'm happy for this update

fyi : Battletech is "supported", but they haven't updated since 1.0.2 because the launcher doesn't support BT's file structure.

Just wanted to let you know that since releasing beta-24 earlier this week, we have now put out Battletech 1.0.4 on the Paradox Launcher. We're aiming for a much shorter wait for the next patch!

We are still working on some problems installing external dependencies (for any title that has them - which Battletech does not) if using a very deep installation path for the Launcher on Windows 7, but using the default install path should work.

Battletech 1.1.0 has now been released on the Paradox Launcher. However, we have found an issue with running the game and ending up with an endless "Refreshing save games" spinner on the main menu, preventing you from playing the game.

The issue seems to be related to writing a log file if the installation folder is in C:\Program Files (x86). We are working on a solution for this issue.

In the meantime, you can work around the issue by running either the Paradox Launcher or BattleTech.exe in Administrator Mode, or installing the Paradox Launcher within your user directory.

Battletech 1.1.0 has now been released on the Paradox Launcher. However, we have found an issue with running the game and ending up with an endless "Refreshing save games" spinner on the main menu, preventing you from playing the game.

The issue seems to be related to writing a log file if the installation folder is in C:\Program Files (x86). We are working on a solution for this issue.

In the meantime, you can work around the issue by running either the Paradox Launcher or BattleTech.exe in Administrator Mode, or installing the Paradox Launcher within your user directory.

thank you for this message.
the fix for me was to give all the exe files admin permission.
i had downloaded the game twice from scratch before i saw this.
as it worked out i assumed that the problem was in my configuration and would eventually be easy to fix.
i had renamed sub directory of the original and each new install so that i kept all of them.

thanks to your message here i am able to pick up where i left off and have not lost any progress in the game.

you're doing great, great game, great work, please keep up the good work.

I'm very pleased to bring you the news that after much anticipation and gnashing of teeth, the Linux version of the PDX Launcher is now available for download. At this time, only Stellaris is available for download and installation, but our other games with Linux support will be forthcoming (in a more expedited way than the launcher itself, fortunately!).

Caveat emptor! As much as the launcher is beta quality software, the linux version has had even less testing done on it. I do anticipate, however, that people interested in the Linux version will have the capacity to find workarounds for non-critical bugs.

As usual, we have some secret sauce on the cooker (this is the games industry after all) but we'll still try to get some QA and general quality-of-life fixes in during the autumn. In other news, Swedish summer vacations is almost upon us, so set your expectations accordingly! ;)

Last edited: