Paradox Store & Launcher - updates and changelogs

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

mapsu

Product Manager
66 Badges
Jun 10, 2014
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Knights of Honor
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • War of the Roses
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Stellaris
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • March of the Eagles
  • Victoria 2
  • Pride of Nations
  • War of the Vikings
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Dungeonland
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • A Game of Dwarves
Hi all,

Time to create a thread for keeping you guys updated on what is happening on the launcher and game distribution side of Paradox.

December 10, 2018: Paradox Launcher - beta 34
- New, spiffier news section

November 9, 2018: PDX Mods
- Support for mod dependencies / requirements when it comes to DLC and other mods.

October 30, 2018: Paradox Launcher - beta 32
- Fix of the annoying "jump-to-news" bug and some other less frequent ones

October 16, 2018: Direct download of mods from mods.paradoxplaza.com as well as a launcher version containing a few less bugs!

August 27, 2018: Integration with mods.paradoxplaza.com

June 27, 2018: Paradox Launcher - Linux version

June 12, 2018: Paradox Store - 1.2.1.3
- Watchlist - logged in users can now add games to a watchlist to keep track of releases and promotions. See how to

- In library function is now more stable

June 12, 2018: Paradox Launcher - beta 24

We currently offer Stellaris, Tyranny, Surviving Mars, BattleTech and a few other titles through our game launcher and other goodies coming up soon. Bought any of them directly through Steam? Go to https://play.paradoxplaza.com/ and connect your account to get access to a direct download from Paradox.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions:
Nice, thank you very much !

We currently offer Stellaris and Tyranny through our game launcher, with Surviving Mars and BattleTech and a few other goodies coming up soon. Bought any of them directly through Steam? Go to https://play.paradoxplaza.com/ and connect your account to get access to a direct download from Paradox.
That's something i didn't know. Thanks for the information. :)

It won't install, Installation stops with message that indicates there's a issue with Windows Installer Package. Opened ticket with details with no remedy from support. Just bought full version of Surviving Mars but can't install it bc of launcher road block.

Anyway to get a working non-beta version so that I get past this? If i can't be fixed my only route left is refund request.

Thanks.

It won't install, Installation stops with message that indicates there's a issue with Windows Installer Package. Opened ticket with details with no remedy from support. Just bought full version of Surviving Mars but can't install it bc of launcher road block.
You can play that game via the traditional Steam client app though ...

Hello,

Maybe your firewall has blocked its .exe file

Or else,
Uninstall the paradox folder in program files. Even after that, remove manually that paradoc folder.
Reboot pc.
Redownload the paradox launcher from paradox website. (current version is beta 14).
Reinstall the launcher.

I had trouble before with the previous launcher (remember it is still under developement beta version). The method above worked fine.

Anyway to get a working non-beta version so that I get past this? If i can't be fixed my only route left is refund request.

Thanks.

Hello HieroD, unfortunately that's the only version that exists right now.

I talked to support about getting more information about this from you as it sounds serious. I hope we can find a solution!

Last edited:
Hope there is a more direct download of the launcher because the built-in download is very slow. I can not even download the bootstrapper with reasonable speed.
Also, I had to check install log manually to see the problem is the download process, installer itself did not give proper notice regard to why it failed.
Stellaris manifest download failed twice too. At this point I'm not surprised. In early beta GOG Galaxy looks like this too, but at least they can provide a working download feature with pause&resume.

@anastiel, if you run the launcher via the regular shortcut, it should keep itself updated, no need to download and install again.

@hyno111 sorry to hear download speeds are slow for you. We're looking into the service that serves our files. If we find it to be slow we'll take action.

Thanks for all the feedback folks!

@anastiel, if you run the launcher via the regular shortcut, it should keep itself updated, no need to download and install again.

@hyno111 sorry to hear download speeds are slow for you. We're looking into the service that serves our files. If we find it to be slow we'll take action.

Thanks for all the feedback folks!

I downloaded it again now I'm upgrading in Paradox Bootstrapper
thanks support

#update
4fsk74.png

I think I was already using the latest version
I made a post without facebook and twitter

Last edited:
Hope there is a more direct download of the launcher because the built-in download is very slow. I can not even download the bootstrapper with reasonable speed.
Also, I had to check install log manually to see the problem is the download process, installer itself did not give proper notice regard to why it failed.
Stellaris manifest download failed twice too. At this point I'm not surprised. In early beta GOG Galaxy looks like this too, but at least they can provide a working download feature with pause&resume.
Hello.

I had the same issue with stellaris and surviving mars set up. The download freezed. I had to reinstall all several times. A " download resume button" would be welcome or an "integrity file check" button.

The main problem, with the Launcher, the way i see it, is that for the moment, much of the missing features are simply giving less incentive to use it.

I launch it on occasion to test it... but for regular use, i still use Steam or bat file-direct launches. I look forwards to using your Launcher more than the rest.

Hello, I'm considering buying EU4, HOI4 and CK2 in the Easter Sale, will you be adding those to the paradox launcher? Thanks.
This has not been announced either way, I'm afraid.

It's been said by developpers that the intent is to have the Paradox Launcher support other Paradox games, but the first want to test and improve how the Launcher works.

Hello gigau, i was a forum lurker back in the time when I played EU3 with either MEIOU or Magna Mundi, so I'm positively surprised you're still in the community.
Wouldn't leave it for all the jewels in the world. ;)

I was hoping, now that steam isn't really needed, that I could devote some of my gaming time off the consoles to play some grand strategy games on my mac, especially the historical quartet. But I guess I'll try Stellaris when the launcher is released on mac.
I look forward to a time when i don't need Steam either. :)