Paradox soon to announce the new Imperator: Rome team?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Now now @Snow Crystal this is exactly what someone from paradox would post if they had secretly created a team and were halfway to surprising us with Imperator 3.0 featuring a revamped diplomacy and trade system!!! You are just using your powerful trolling skills to get us confused. :oops:

Snow Crystal denouncing the rumors...

:p

• 10Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Now now @Snow Crystal this is exactly what someone from paradox would post if they had secretly created a team and were halfway to surprising us with Imperator 3.0 featuring a revamped diplomacy and trade system!!! You are just using your powerful trolling skills to get us confused. :oops:

Too fond of Monty Python historical sources to illustrate the World of Imperator.

Always accurate and relevant.

• 1Like
Reactions:

Now we just need them to drop a plot twist that Snow Crystal is the next Imperator lead and we're golden.

• 5Haha
  • 3Like
Reactions:
As much as I love 2.0... It would really be amazing to get some more content. So for my sake, and frankly all our sakes - I hope that they do in fact return in some form or fashion. I don't know about y'all, but I cannot *stand* seeing the same event screens time over time over time. I want more content!!

*Despairing*

• 5Like
Reactions:
I really hope, but damn, does it make sense financially? They even tried small "revival" with 2.0 patch and it failed (update was great, I mean not impressive number of players)

But really, it's criminal to leave this game to dust without trying at least one big 20-30$ expansion with time and budget (and marketing budget!) to create/improve/polish many mechanics.

• 4Like
Reactions:
It's still crazy. During me we ask someone to come and give us news and the only comments from the people of paradox are either to reprimand us or to discredit the person who posts a comment without perhaps knowing anything about the person who posts himself. . Me it is beyond me.
If it's to post this kind of comment, dropped like that without explanation, thank you but we'll do without. Afterwards, if you know more, we'll listen to you. Otherwise it's not worth it. We're already pretty taken for idiots so thank you for not getting into it too.

I understand it is frustrating to not have any news, but you have to keep in mind that it is not the sort of thing someone at PDS would announce or declare. It would be news from the upper management (and PDX), basically, similarly to how the development freeze on Imperator was announced by higher ups.
The reason I responded at all is that I feel it is unfair to people getting their hopes up because of unsubstantiated rumors blowing up in some thread. If you much rather listen to rumors, then you do you, I ain't going to stop you.

• 6Like
Reactions:
I understand it is frustrating to not have any news, but you have to keep in mind that it is not the sort of thing someone at PDS would announce or declare. It would be news from the upper management (and PDX), basically, similarly to how the development freeze on Imperator was announced by higher ups.
The reason I responded at all is that I feel it is unfair to people getting their hopes up because of unsubstantiated rumors blowing up in some thread. If you much rather listen to rumors, then you do you, I ain't going to stop you.
So no I prefer not to listen to rumors.

But do you really know that the comment is false?
And what if he was right? You would no longer be listened to.

The only problem is that we were left like this for 7 months (well it should be 9 with December and January) without anyone coming to the forum. We're supposed to be on a paused game that's due back, not a canceled game we're bringing back to life (like Surviving Mars) so we could expect to hear more regularly, and yet nothing.

• 2Like
Reactions:
So you confirm that it's a development freeze and not a cancellation? Well, thanks, at least some clarity on that issue.

• 1Like
Reactions:
So you confirm that it's a development freeze and not a cancellation? Well, thanks, at least some clarity on that issue.
Snow Crystal doesn't need to confirm (and as he said it's upper management and PDX job) anything, because nothing really changed. Last time we heard it was officially "halted development", no announcement since then, so we have to assume that's still the case. Anything other than that is just speculation.

The way the announcement was worded, I wouldn't expect any news until early 2022.

• 1Like
Reactions:
But do you really know that the comment is false?
And what if he was right? You would no longer be listened to.

No, I don't. I just assume I have more info than the general forumite, as someone who's on the inside of the company. I have seen enough "I have heard rumors" or "I know someone who works for the company" to know most of those are entirely false.

And if he theoretically speaking was right? Then you'd have Imperator news to care about, not a random PDS dev, and I'd leave the forum alone and not step on the toes of another team.

• 5Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I appreciate your interest and concern, SnowCrystal.

I think I can say we ended up considering you as another forumite: commenting, trolling and having a good time on the forums while you were working on the I:R dev team.

Please, do not treat him differently because he is a dev in another team.

• 4Like
Reactions:
No, I don't. I just assume I have more info than the general forumite, as someone who's on the inside of the company. I have seen enough "I have heard rumors" or "I know someone who works for the company" to know most of those are entirely false.

And if he theoretically speaking was right? Then you'd have Imperator news to care about, not a random PDS dev, and I'd leave the forum alone and not step on the toes of another team.
We all work in companies, and many of us learn things about our company before they are communicated to you internally. So technically it does not shock me that a person outside by his knowledge can know more than you, even if you are an employee of this company.

After that it is the interest of a person to post this kind of comment without having anything? He is not a newcomer with a single message. He's old on the forum, so why doubt it? You did not say: "I have not heard of it", but: "it does not exist" which is frankly different, because of my comment.
If he were to be right and his source exists (which I hope), what will you do for the person posting the message? (You passed him off as a liar.)

But hey, we'll see.

Reactions:
After that it is the interest of a person to post this kind of comment without having anything? He is not a newcomer with a single message. He's old on the forum, so why doubt it? You did not say: "I have not heard of it", but: "it does not exist" which is frankly different, because of my comment.
If he were to be right and his source exists (which I hope), what will you do for the person posting the message? (You passed him off as a liar.)

Hah, fair, I admit it might have come across more harshly than I intended. If he is proven to be right, and news are to come out 'relatively briefly' (what is this? A month? 2?), I'll profusely apologize, personally send him a cake, eat my words (I guess I'll have to find the best edible way of doing this), and forever refer to him as 'Slavicist the Imperator Prophet' from now on.

• 18Haha
  • 4Like
  • 4Love
Reactions:
As long as we keep him away from any Romans and wooden crosses though. Hindsight and all that.

The problem I see with the current state is about the voids, not necessarily the bugs.
Shattered Retreats and AI (peering through Fog of War) are absolute must-fix items for more varying nation play throughs, otherwise the Dev's may as well deny game starts for all but Rome, Carthage, and a select few other nations and isolate the game to only a meta-level game start where you start with power and always attempt world conquest (and I don't like the idea of most all PDX games devolving to WQ, so don't get me wrong). Frankly, the AI in game becomes an imbalancing thing in gameplay if you start small and do numerous Shattered Retreats to provinces where separate AI armies have god-mode vision of the map to move ahead of your arrival to End Point and insta-wipe your armies (you have to play lots of small-nation game starts to see this faulty AI functionality play out).

• 1Like
Reactions:
To ensure another angle is shown in this thread, regardless the prior Dev's statement (respect that Dev's work in Stellaris btw, not at all being negative toward that Dev) -- but there are other realities and influences at play in Paradox that make one go "Hmmm."

- NASDAQ Stockholm listing for Paradox stock, symbol PDX, shows a 25% gain in value in the past one month. For those that aren't as familiar with the stock market, that is RARE for public companies already the size of billion-dollar market cap such as PDX is, to have a 25% valuation hike upward in one single month. Annual factoring would be 12 x 25% = 300% Annual growth, to put in perspective (and I highly doubt PDX will go up 300% total for the remaining 11 months but just showing the numbers so you see annually how it factors out, which is extreme movement in buying activity into the stock).
- Market/stock buyers may be favoring the return of their on-again CEO, after the prior CEO was fired. Either her long-term prospects and/or short term results were not favored "by the street" in terms of investment dollars in/out of the stock. Buyers are back in after former CEO is gone, that simply can't be argued.
- More market cap, if PDX chooses, could result in liquidating stock for leverage should they choose, but the stock is still half the value of former highs that are double the current valuation (you need to look at a 5-year chart of PDX stock to see that there has been a roller-coaster ride but recent 2 years were rough and PDX valuation has been down from prior highs).
- More leverage = more recapitalization, translated - more development dollars should they choose such a path, more employees (which the last earnings call essentially stated as such), but we don't know how much more of a hiring push and revenue growth this recent trend could be revealing.
- November earnings report wasn't good in terms of profits, was actually negative/loss .31 per share, but one thing in the stock market world is that once the bad news is flushed out, future forecasts, future growth potential, greatly outweighs short-term losses (if what we're seeing in market trends correlates to such).

So, this is a stock market based analysis that - something is happening within the company that Stock Analysts at big financial firms like to see, as 5x major Analysts rate the PDX stock a "Buy" at current levels (even after the 25% run-up they're calling PDX a Buy, which in itself says something). Speaking of who's "in the know" - those people are, because they represent billion-dollar investment firms and some of the more powerful investment banks on the planet.

Don't take any of this to imply that PDX stock is a "good buy" because of my words - always, always do your own "Due Diligence" for stock market investing, but the macro point is that ALL of the PDX portfolio, I:R among the many, could see some recapitalization IF they choose to monetize some of the recent gains and invest in themselves (i.e. invest in many more quality employees). But, we shall see.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Shattered Retreats and AI (peering through Fog of War) are absolute must-fix items for more varying nation play throughs, otherwise the Dev's may as well deny game starts for all but Rome, Carthage, and a select few other nations and isolate the game to only a meta-level game start where you start with power and always attempt world conquest (and I don't like the idea of most all PDX games devolving to WQ, so don't get me wrong). Frankly, the AI in game becomes an imbalancing thing in gameplay if you start small and do numerous Shattered Retreats to provinces where separate AI armies have god-mode vision of the map to move ahead of your arrival to End Point and insta-wipe your armies (you have to play lots of small-nation game starts to see this faulty AI functionality play out).
I do agree with you on that one, in fact. I actually didn't have the AI in mind when I made my comment because I was thinking of features that were not working as intended. Programming an AI is a different kind of animal but it is true that it always has room for improvement. It is tough though so I respect a lot the people that try to design them for games. well, most of them :D

• 1Like
Reactions: