• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(533610)

<font color="white"><b>Paradox Interactive</b></fo
Aug 8, 2012
New “Star Dwarves” Content Allows Bearded Burrowers to Reach Deep Space

NEW YORK — December 6, 2012 — Paradox Interactive and Zeal Game Studio are taking subterranean mining to soaring new heights with new downloadable content (DLC) for A Game of Dwarves. The new content pack, entitled Star Dwarves, enables the game’s titular miners to spruce up their mines with all the trappings of deep space, adding a wealth of new sci-fi furnishings and tools to their lairs. Of course, a terrifying space monster or two have also come along for the ride, but that’s a small price to pay for having your very own cryosleep bed to spruce up the old mineshaft.

Star Dwarves adds new props, new enemy, and new dwarves to A Game of Dwarves, from sci-fi-inspired generators, holographic statues, and spiffy captain’s chairs to untold horrors like the Beardprober – a monster who studies beards in the worst way imaginable. Thankfully, the dwarves can combat these invaders with new military classes, including the rifle-toting Redshirt, and the Knight, a melee fighter who relies on training he acquired a long time ago in some place far, far away.

A Game of Dwarves: Star Dwarves is available today for $4.99. Buy the new DLC here: http://www.agameofdwarves.com/buy

Read more about the new DLC Star Dwarves here: http://tinyurl.com/ch9j2dl

AgoD_SD_8.jpg AgoD_SD_9.jpg AgoD_SD_10.jpg AgoD_SD_5.jpg

Is there any new gameplay in there?
The feature list under that link only lists visual changes.

I mean, the dev team has to be sitting on a huge list of features that didn't make the cut...

Last edited:
Hi, the german translation of this new DLC-Pack is missing. There are only black boxes, no labels for the new stuff, no description at all. Please fix this bug, please.

I'm really not sure how I feel about this DLC... I mean, it's clearly cheesy, but it really doesn't fit in with the theme of the game XD

I think they didn't quite go far enough. Star Dwarves would have been perfect as a complete base-game replacer: instead of Dwarves from the fantasy world, these are Star Dwarves crashed on a hostile alien planet who have to survive by burrowing into the ground as their ancient ancestors did; a total conversion, basically, with all-new tech trees and unit trees and maybe even new ways of doing things (like hydroponics labs instead of Dwarf-style farms.)

Feels like they are stretching for DLC already with this one. Seems very cheesy and very out of place for this game. With all the suggestions that have been made for new content I'm surprised that they decided to do this... Unless of course the DLC was all completed prior to release of the game.

Feels like they are stretching for DLC already with this one. Seems very cheesy and very out of place for this game. With all the suggestions that have been made for new content I'm surprised that they decided to do this... Unless of course the DLC was all completed prior to release of the game.

Is it any more of a stretch than Magicka: Vietnam?

It's quirky, a little off-the-wall, and pretty funny. Plus, I think it's limited to custom games only, and you have to specifically enable it.

Hi, the german translation of this new DLC-Pack is missing. There are only black boxes, no labels for the new stuff, no description at all. Please fix this bug, please.

We are looking into this issue at the moment. It would help us if you posted screenshots of the problem with the missing text and such for testing purposes. Thank you for your time.

I'm not sure, how to make screenshots. Is there any key to do so? Btw all german text of the new content is missing, the descriptions, the labels, the text, when hovering over a new element with the mouse!
OK, I got it! F12 => Steam... Trying now to post the screenshots :rolleyes:
Here we go:

3207466E2C4252823513D3DC20F0D4AB663BE9FE

8744A23821859813C03B7A37A746BEAE636D177D

Last edited:
I'm not gonna buy it atm because i'm currently not so much into SciFi... but this DLC pack reminds me of something... (i changed it a little)

*sings*
We're dwarves out in space
We're zooming along
protecting the dwarven race

If trouble appears
we put it right back in its place

When goblins attack us
We give 'em a smack
we'll slap them right back in the face

We're zooming along
protecting the dwarven race
*/sings*

:D :D :D

Is it any more of a stretch than Magicka: Vietnam?

It's quirky, a little off-the-wall, and pretty funny. Plus, I think it's limited to custom games only, and you have to specifically enable it.

I don't know, I bought Magicka but hated it. Having to try to remember key combinations to shoot off spells just drove me nuts and I thought it was just a plain bad idea. I could have used the mod that allowed me to hotkey spells that I wanted to use but by the time that I found that I really just wasn't all that hot and heavy for Magicka anymore anyway.

Kind of like what's happened with aGoD for me... While I applaud Paradox that they have added this as a DLC in the steam store so that I can buy it without having to use a steam wallet, it's unfortunate that they didn't do it for the rest of the DLC as I'm losing interest in the game what with no new content and my own reasons that I won't use the steam wallet. Had they put all of the DLC on the steam store page they'd have had me buy it all and who knows, maybe I'd feel differently about this DLC that IS on the steam store page to buy.

Anyway, while it may be quirky, and funny etc, as I said it's very cheesy and is WAY WAY out of place for this game. If I were to actually buy it, I would likely play with it once and never use it again because it feels so out of place to this game and of course that means... Why would I buy it if I felt it was so out of place with this game and that I'd likely only use it one time anyway? Simply, I wouldn't spend $4.99 on a DLC that I would only use one time. My main point is that while they may make a ton of money from this DLC, I would have loved it if they had put out a $4.99 pack on the steam store of items that fit better in the theme of this game.