Paradox removed a mod and broke my saved games

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PsiFive

Private
12 Badges
Sep 15, 2021
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
Well, not all of them but both the two colonies I was working on at the moment. It seems that Silva's UCP mod got yanked without warning and as it was enabled in both my colonies I got the mod removed warning, but not even the very early saves could be loaded. From comments on the Steam workshop forum it looks like Silva didn't know until hearing about it there. Do you guys really not let modders know when their work is being pulled so as to give them a chance to fix whatever the issue is? And Silva's had content published as DLC. Could you guys just talk to Silva and sort this out?

Paradox do not randomly remove mods for no reason, it would have been reported by someone as a problem. On Steam in fact it is done by the mods there, nothing to do with Paradox.

Please have Silva lodge a support ticket at paradox.zendesk.com on this, and it will be looked into. Thanks.

Hi Andrew.

I think I worded things poorly. I wasn't suggesting it was randomly removed or and I didn't mean to imply it was a Steam issue. I said its removal was being discussed on the Steam workshop but I originally got it through the game's Mod Manager, and that was where I found it disabled for me. You could still subscribe to it on Steam but it was non-functional in the game.

I say 'was' because after Steam users had talked about it Silva contacted Paradox and got it restored. According to Silva two people - just two - had reported it. I just find it surprising that someone who's made content for an official paid DLC got a mod yanked, seemingly without even being told, for just two reports. Anyway, it's restored, but I feel communication could be better between devs and modders. That's just my 2¢ as a player.

Thanks, PF.