Paradox Releases Stellaris Galaxy Wide Today

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Paradox Interactive Launches Stellaris Galaxy-wide
New Sci-Fi Grand Strategy Game Now Available for Extraterrestrial Explorers Everywhere

Paradox Interactive, a publisher and developer of truly grand strategy games, today released Stellaris for Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs. Stellaris is the latest game from Paradox Development Studio, the creators of such deep strategy series as Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron, and more. In the studio’s first-ever sci-fi grand strategy game, players can begin a journey into a randomly generated universe as the species of their choice – exploring new worlds, encountering new beings, and facing the challenges of intergalactic colonization, diplomacy, warfare, perils, and crises.

Prepare for your first expedition into Stellaris with a new trailer here:

In Stellaris, players must guide a species of their own design to power and glory in the depths of space. From humble beginnings as players leave their home planet and explore the unknown, to tense “first contact” moments with alien species, to the difficult choices and responsibilities of managing diplomatic relationships with other star-faring races, Stellaris presents the iconic gameplay of a Paradox grand strategy title on a galactic scale. With randomly created opponents and procedurally generated star systems, no two games can ever play out the same way.

FAQ

Reactions:
Awesome. Sorry if I sound slimy, but you should definitely feel proud of yourselves for this game. You've really exceeded my expectations. Your engagement with the community both through the streams and the forums has been brilliant. You've listened to people, but you've also had the bravery to go your own way on some elements. For both those in front of the camera and behind the scenes, well done, enjoy your deserved beers! I'm off to play it and see if it's anything like it was in the streams. ;)

Reactions:
Hey,

I find it utterly upsetting, that you praise yourself with releasing Stellaris "Galaxy Wide" today.
I'm on Kepler-186f right now and I can't play Stellaris right now. Don't ask me how I can write in this forum, while I am 490 lightyeas away.
(Hint: It's a Jump Drive)
I just want to state, that I'm very disappointed, that you are not doing what your are say you are doing.
So finaly I assure you, that if I don't get to play Stellaris till 48p.m. Kepler Time, I am going to my mom
(who is a queen by the way) and tell her: "MUGANI! HAK HAK HAK?"

Best wishes and HAK HAK HAK!

Reactions:
Yeah, the galaxy is so wide that it only spans ... Steam. Damn it. Because it promises to be a wonderful game for me, I bought it from that monopolist store, but only because I had no choice. Would be much nicer to have had it available from other shops.

Reactions:
Launches Stellaris Galaxy-wide

Any news on when it will be released in other galaxies? Please note: if the answer is more than 3 days we will launch an invasion and take your games by force.

Regards from Omicron Persei 8

Reactions:
I have to say, I am positively surprised about the game. Always been a little on the fence on Paradox leaving the historical grounds for this grand strategy experiment, but ended up getting it because of the immense peer pressure my extraterrestrial friends applied on me. And so far, I must say, they've done an amazing job at combining different elements of the grand strategy and the space strategy genres. Thumbs up!

Tonight, I slept only 4 hours because I couldn't stop playing. Now I'm at work and I'm pretty useless. Thank you PDX on behalf of my boss. ;)

Reactions: