• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bear Squared

Second Lieutenant
Aug 13, 2020

QA gets pretty screwed in most sections of the industry, but this article was about Paradox specifically, so figured it was worth a share.

• 1Like
Reactions:
That means they are hiring? I will test bloodlines for free. :D

//edit:
Also for the topic ... it seems like game industry is coming trough some revolution lately ...
Its not so long i heared developers from Blizzard were complaining about underpaiment ...
And before that i believe (not sure tho) EA had some money problems aswell ...

Reactions:
Too true. Although Blizzard seems to have an edge in that they promote from within, which it doesn't sound like Paradox does (in addition to underpayment and possible employment law violations, if the article is to be believed).

Reactions:
More info from Blizzard: They definitely try to consider employees already at the company vs. outside hires. They do confirm that even being QA at Blizzard is miserable., though.

Still feel bad for the Paradox QA team, though, it sounds like they got screwed.

Reactions:
Are the QA people working in Sweden? If Sweden has regulations simillar to Norway i would imagine that it would be almost impossible to employ people under conditions that are bellow what is considered normal in Sweden. Labour unions are a thing and quite unavoidable in Scandinavia.

It would indeed be weird if the developers are sitting in Stockholm with comfortable swedish salaries and the QA people would have to work under conditions not worthy swedish standards.

• 1Like
Reactions:
And this situation is so strange and unheard off? o_O
People doing QA are mere grunts, glorified ones, they don't have power, they don't have pull or resources. What matters in a company are money and power. You get power, you get things done your way, be it how things are done or how much are you paid. And since the ones on top, the executives are the ones that have, and hoard, money and power, they are the ones that rule. So employees win less and less, just enough, for the company and top suits to get more money :)

People may like the system or not, but is how things work and better to know the system than to cry for perceived "injustices" on the business world. I mean it could be worse. Instead of employees PDX could use indenture servitude :D

And this situation is so strange and unheard off? o_O
People doing QA are mere grunts, glorified ones, they don't have power, they don't have pull or resources. What matters in a company are money and power. You get power, you get things done your way, be it how things are done or how much are you paid. And since the ones on top, the executives are the ones that have, and hoard, money and power, they are the ones that rule. So employees win less and less, just enough, for the company and top suits to get more money :)

People may like the system or not, but is how things work and better to know the system than to cry for perceived "injustices" on the business world. I mean it could be worse. Instead of employees PDX could use indenture servitude :D

Well in Norway we pay unskilled pupils and students working at a supermarket about 16$ per hour. Sure, the swedish situation is a bit different, but i would have guessed that QA people at a swedish company would get at least a tad more than unskilled workers elsewhere in Sweden.

Reactions:
Off topic for this forum. There's already a thread on this topic in the general forum.

• 1Love
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.