• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
resurrection-painting.jpg

Wouldn't it
be better if
we just appointed a new head mod?

Sorry, I suck at poetry but BzAli comes to mind. :eek:o At least I'd be happy to continue this, really...

wikipedia said:
The breaking wheel (originally, the whele) was a torture and capital punishment device of the Middle Ages and early modern times used for a public cludgering to death - compare fustuarium.

The wheel itself was similar to a large wooden wagon wheel, with many radial spokes. The victim's arms and legs were placed one by one over two sturdy wooden beams. A large hammer was then applied to the limb over the gap between the beams, breaking the bone. This process was repeated several times per limb.

Afterwards, the victim's shattered limbs were woven through the spokes of the wheel. The wheel was then hoisted onto a tall pole, so that birds could eat the still-living victim.

Legend has it that Saint Catherine of Alexandria was to be executed on one of these devices, which thereafter became known as Catherine wheel.

This was a cruel torment as well as a great dishonor. It is referred to in the Dutch expression opgroeien voor galg en rad ('to grow up into gallows and wheel', i.e. to come to no good at all, especially: ripe for a life of crime). The Finnish word for the breaking wheel is teiliratas and the verb for execution on the wheel is teilata. In the Modern Finnish the word teilata refers on forceful and violent critique or rejection of performance, ideas or innovations.

Dunno what to do now, but please no election :eek:o

I'd say those who are interested in taking on the challenge of "resurrecting" the game steps forward and Ladislav picks whoever he thinks is most suitable.

Or we'll just kill it and those who are still here go over to 1558.

Well, I confess, I was just waiting for my stats to be fixed so I could resign. I don't have the time for this game now that Eutopia and Law School have restarted, and last time I modded, the crap I got in return was not even close to worth the time and effort sacrificed.

All things run their course in time. Perhaps we should bury this thing in a dignified manner and remember the good times.

Flame of Udûn said:
resurrection-painting.jpg

Wouldn't it
be better if
we just appointed a new head mod?

Sorry, I suck at poetry but BzAli comes to mind. :eek:o At least I'd be happy to continue this, really...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but no thanks.

I've been there, and as vS says, my last stint as head-mod ended with to much grief.

You all know I love this game, and I am very much willing to do Stats and fill in the odd vacance (such as clearing out a few old courts and applying inscriptions) if someone else runs the show, but I've had my 15 minutes of fame, and allthough I enjoyed the first 14 of them, the last was just to crappy.

Unless somebody steps up, I'd say we call it quits.

We had some good time, we lived long enough to see offspring come, go and outlive us. Three cheers for EUtopia and the 1558-boys, may they carry on the proud traditions of roleplaying on the Paradox forums!

Not been posting much meself, and not felt the urge to either. I'm still relatively new to this, but I think it'd be best if we just bury this. There does not seem to be much interest at all :S I'll retract that statement if some of my neighbours won't disappear as I try to roleplay with them :p

I'll miss my Bosnia though :(

Voshkod said:
What does the Head Mod do exactly? Can those that have been there lay out the duties?

Primary duties involve coordinating the rest of the mod crew and serving as final arbitrator of all conflicts. The Head Mod oversees the Stats Mod, the Events Mod, and- er...any other mods that might be in the crew these days. Plus any miscellaneous stuff needed to keep the game working.

Bazza, does that sound about right? I never head modded, my peek behind the curtain was as Events guy.

Head mod should also be able to monitor player activity and help it along, as well as guide newbies, IMHO. Or at least make sure someone is. :)

Blade! said:
Head mod should also be able to monitor player activity and help it along, as well as guide newbies, IMHO. Or at least make sure someone is. :)

True. As well as taking the really hard decissions regarding banning and such. Cutting through whenever somebody complains to much and to loudly about the rest of the crew in public. That sort of things are what gets you unpopular.

cour.jpg

What'll we do with a drunken sailor,
Earl-aye in the morning?

1. Sling him in the long boat till he's sober,

Earl-aye in the morning?

Chorus:
Way hay and up she rises
Patent blocks o' diff'rent sizes,
Way hay and up she rises
Earl-aye in the morning

2. Keep him there and make 'im bale 'er.
3. Pull out the plug and wet him all over,
4. Take 'im and shake 'im, try an' wake 'im.
5. Trice him up in a runnin' bowline.
6. Give 'im a taste of the bosun's rope-end.
7. Give 'im a dose of salt and water.
8. Stick on 'is back a mustard plaster.
9. Shave his belly with a rusty razor.
10. Send him up the crow's nest till he falls down,
11. Tie him to the taffrail when she's yardarm under,
12. Put him in the scuppers with a hose-pipe on him.
13. Soak 'im in oil till he sprouts flippers.
14. Put him in the guard room till he's sober.
15. Put him in bed with the captain's daughter*).
16. Take the Baby and call it Bo'sun.
17. Turn him over and drive him windward.
18. Put him in the scuffs until the horse bites on him.
19. Heave him by the leg and with a rung console him.
20. That's what we'll do with the drunken sailor.

*) A relative of the cat-o-nine-tails

AHOY the MRPG ! AHOY !

Sailing past on a broad reach ! How fairs it ? Is the wind steady and sea calm ?

I hope all goes well , my "brothers from other mothers"
;)

Ladilav and other MOD dudes... as I can't get onto the MOD forum for now PM me your opinion on a possible Tourney please :)

Reb​

EDIT: OOOPS... :( Have I walked in on something?

BzAli said:
True. As well as taking the really hard decissions regarding banning and such. Cutting through whenever somebody complains to much and to loudly about the rest of the crew in public. That sort of things are what gets you unpopular.

These are not the only things however.

Wakeforest, you may want to hold off putting up your court until we know if we have a game.

If people want to save this game, they need to say something. It may be there is nothing worth saving.

I'll put in my two bits - too many countries, not enough players. Push everyone toward the center, force interaction that way. To that end - cut off all of Africa and Scandanvia. Also, everything east of the line Samogtia-Grodno-Brest Litovsk-Volhyna-Podolia-Jedisan goes. All of Asia Minor and the Middle East goes. Refocus the game on Europe proper.

BiB said:
If this is to be continued it needs both players and people to guide those players.

So, show me the money!

there is no money :( BiB. we are bancrupt.

ideas, chatter and opinions are a looong way from actual actions. the issues we are facing is not a week-long peace and quiet. its a diarhea of player departures.

if you need role-play, 1558 is a perfectly fine place to do it. i've seen so many mods have ideas here, then disappear (exception to that rule are well known of course). I'm not sure the next batch will be any different.

cutting down the map always raises hell and there are 5 pages of talk for each country we cut.. last time we cut the map, we cut countries that nobody ever played and there was still endless discussion~

we reformed the game, added more countries, added more rules, but in the end it all boils down to RP. you dont need updated stats to RP, you dont need events to RP. you need effort to RP. that there was none for quite some time.

it aches me to see this game limp to its doom. should we wait for even more people to leave? whats the point..

Ermmm ... this sounds all very depressing :(

could anyone give me a concise summary of the fall of the MRPG. Perhaps we can use it in it's obituary. I'm too busy to trawl through pages of chat :eek:o

Loss of MOds? Beligerant players ? apathy ?

All, or non, of the above ?

Enlighten me, and any passing players, with an eloquent disitation. ;)

Hey ! I'm a Pagan ! :) My son's gone down the Wiccan path ... I'll get him to cast a spell to improve things ;)

Warm regards

Reb