• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(8915)

User #8915
Apr 26, 2002
IN PRINCIPIO CREAVIT DEUS CAELUM ET TERRAM

TERRA AUTEM ERAT INANIS ET VACUA ET TENEBRAE SUPER FACIEM ABYSSI ET SPIRITUS DEI FEREBATUR SUPER AQUAS

DIXITQUE DEUS FIAT LUX ET FACTE EST LUX

ET VIDIT DEUS LUCEM QUOD ESSET BONA ET DIVISIT LUCEM AC TENEBRAS

And there was light where once there was darkness. Men of their free will have crafted out of nothing, what has now stood the test of time and peril. You have forged ideas and thoughts into words and sentences. Sharing them betwixt each other from across the globe. In unison this universe was made.

Yet like the demigods of old, weary of your creation, ye rest. In order to replenish the power and force to once more delve into the world that bares your resemblance.

Promethians! Gather round this thread, shed the trappings of history that never was. In order to toast each other, in order to speak as friends that we are. Not of the void, the game we fashioned, but of the world beyond, as we are the playground in His eyes.

This rhyme only you must remember, when posting here:

The laws of the game - here have no force
Yet the rules of the Board - you follow of course
Click on the link - to find out still more
Lest Admins will ban you – like many before.​

LET THE CHATTER COMMENCE!

.​

Oh, a new lounge. ;)

Longinus said:
yeah, a brand, new Longue indeed, but where are the couches?

And the port, cheese & crackers and chocolate-covered strawberries?

Longinus said:
they are nowhere to be seen! :mad:

I'm with Longinus...I'd rather have couches than latin. You can't sit on a dead language.

Longinus said:
they are nowhere to be seen! :mad:

I've been spoiled by Oxford. :blush:

Can one of you pagans tell me what this says?

IN PRINCIPIO CREAVIT DEUS CAELUM ET TERRAM

TERRA AUTEM ERAT INANIS ET VACUA ET TENEBRAE SUPER FACIEM ABYSSI ET SPIRITUS DEI FEREBATUR SUPER AQUAS

DIXITQUE DEUS FIAT LUX ET FACTE EST LUX

ET VIDIT DEUS LUCEM QUOD ESSET BONA ET DIVISIT LUCEM AC TENEBRAS

I'd hate to agree to somthing, like being someone's slave by posting in agreeance with this... so to be clear, this post does not signify an acceptance of any offer made by the above statement.

I mean, I read this: "SUPER FACIEM ABYSSI ET SPIRITUS"... and I see.... Super Fascist Abyssyinian of Spirituality... and I'm not really ready to become a Southern Baptist Black Panther.

Blade! is a heretical sunhia, I refuse to quote him :mad:

Mettermrck said:
Ladislav's New Rule: 20 posts per Lounge. :)

Better make sure they're good ones!

Blade! said:
Can one of you pagans tell me what this says?

Try reading the first lines of the bible for a better translation than I'll ever come up with. Clearly *you* are the heathen.

Avernite said:
Try reading the first lines of the bible for a better translation than I'll ever come up with. Clearly *you* are the heathen.

Is this about the old robed bearded fellow making the earth in 7 days? You'll have to provide the translation, as there is no bible here. I am in Seattle afterall.

Mettermrck said:
Calipah says you're a heretic, Avernite a heathen. What exactly are you, Blade!? Though at least you don't have a beard and wear a robe. :)

I might wear a robe... and I do have a beard! :eek:o Maybe I am a heretical heathen... or I am the One, who all will either join or be cut down in swaths like grains in front of the locust cloud. ... ah, er... or I bring rainbows and bunnies n' stuff. :D