Paradox is stretching one bridge too far

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

LeanLeaf

Banned
Jan 16, 2022
Operations-Roadmap-New2.png

YIbwhC0.jpg

I sent a spy in the Paradox camp telling them to surrender the war effort.

Their reply was "NUTS!".

By the way, the one in the bottom right corner is Operation Polar Star. Another advance of the USSR against Germany in 1943. Not sure what that means for the game though.

Last edited:
  • 11Haha
  • 4Like
Reactions:
I am always confused when people say confidently something is like that.
How do you get it that it says "Operation Polar Star" so certainly?
Operations-Roadmap-New2.png

No matter what I try I only get Opera .. Polar ...
I mean sure Opera is very like Operation, I follow with that, but it could be Polar Star, Polaris, or even Polarity.

Is some stuff hiden in the metainformation of the picture or something I didn't see yet? Or are you just guessing?

• 2Like
Reactions:
View attachment 952940
I mean sure Opera is very like Operation, I follow with that, but it could be Polar Star, Polaris, or even Polarity.

Is some stuff hiden in the metainformation of the picture or something I didn't see yet? Or are you just guessing?
Its a reference to Polarn och Pyret, a collab between Paradox and the Swedish Children clothing brand, which gained widespread recognition when Prince George wore it in the first official Christmas portrait in November 2014. Every division model will wear one of their signature branded children winter over-all when they get winter acclimatization /s

• 11Haha
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Scrolled over the wikipedia page and just read the first line under History:
"Polarn O. Pyret began by selling condoms.[7]", well alright then. :D
The last thing that the HOI4 community will ever possibly need

• 12Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Its a reference to Polarn och Pyret, a collab between Paradox and the Swedish Children clothing brand, which gained widespread recognition when Prince George wore it in the first official Christmas portrait in November 2014. Every division model will wear one of their signature branded children winter over-all when they get winter acclimatization /s
Got my uncle kids presents grom Polarn och Pyret. Can I get a discount next year? Think it should be included in pre-order bonus

View attachment 952940

My reading says it's Operation Polaris, which would make sense as a way to tease that the next DLC might be Finland/Nordics-focused

My reading says it's Operation Polaris
Given when the second word starts, just under the P in operation and comparing the lengths of the other words that start around the P, something like polaris does make more sense than polar star. But these sorts of patches tend to borrow the names of historical ww2 ops. I can't find any sort of operation polaris, but there is an operation polar star.

Unless we can find some named op that 'fits', I'm willing to chalk this up to the artist taking some liberties with the teaser image. Something like the positioning of the start of the actual name not mattering, because it'll be covered up anyway.

Reactions:
Given when the second word starts, just under the P in operation and comparing the lengths of the other words that start around the P, something like polaris does make more sense than polar star. But these sorts of patches tend to borrow the names of historical ww2 ops. I can't find any sort of operation polaris, but there is an operation polar star.

Unless we can find some named op that 'fits', I'm willing to chalk this up to the artist taking some liberties with the teaser image. Something like the positioning of the start of the actual name not mattering, because it'll be covered up anyway.
I was thinking it was a reference to the evacuation of Finnish signals intelligence into Sweden in late '44, since that would fit very well with a Nordics-focused DLC, but now I remember that that was Operation Stella Polaris, not Operation Polaris.

Reactions:
Well, if this was a real operation "Polar Star", then there is a direct analogy with "Bridge Too Far". For me, the "Polar Star" is a canceled landing operation (due to the officers who told the plan to the Germans) in which it was supposed to use 5 Guards Airborne Divisions (about 50,000 paratroopers), this is the classic Soviet concept of "Deep Operation". And in the game understanding for me, these are changes to the Airborne Forces: the designer of transport aircraft (hull mechanics), changes in the ground doctrine of the USSR and the addition of bonuses for the Airborne Forces, according to the concept of "Deep Operation", the addition of mechanization of the Airborne Forces.
But I guess I'm expecting too much from Paradox if they can't make their own mechanics complete (transport planes don't share hull mechanics)

Reactions: