Paradox Interactive acquires Prison Architect from Introversion Games

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey,
i have been with Prison Architect since the very beginning, i would love the game as it is right now to be preserved in some way of "Prison Architect Classic" in my Steam account just because this is the game build with the (i think) 100$ i originally put into it to get the TinBox/ArtBook/Shirt Edition. - I honestly would be sad if this version would be lost in whatever you top on it next. Please allow me the go back to it if i desire.
That said i am exited to see a bigger team work on the game. I bet there is a ton you can do with what is there if its more than 1-3 people working on it. I personally don't mind Paradoxes free updates + DLC policy, prefer it much to the new full price Fifa each year.

In a random side note, didn't realise "architect" was an IP now... a game called "Zoo Architect" surly would not have needed Introversions Ok to be Named and made. That said, i would love to see a new Zoo Management game that is actually cool and fun.

Not asking for specifics, but "Architect IP" means that Paradox is considering using this IP to make other types of architect games, correct?
Possibly. But they could have done that without purchasing a game with "Architect" in the title. There's a vast number of Sim- games, Tycoon games, etc. But it would cement their ownership of a series of "Architect" games to own this one.

Paradox's DLC policy is the only concern I have with this development. We've had too many DLC - especially for CK2 and HOI4 - that have been nothing more than a minor update or even just some graphics, that not even EA would have charged for. Would hate to see PA fall into the same pit.

That said, stuff like 11 Bit's Psych Ward would be a great addition to the PC game, even if it came as DLC. But the game really could use some bugfixing and further optimization, not that I expect Paradox to commit resources to that unless they plan on adding a lot more content.

Hey,
i have been with Prison Architect since the very beginning, i would love the game as it is right now to be preserved in some way of "Prison Architect Classic" in my Steam account just because this is the game build with the (i think) 100$ i originally put into it to get the TinBox/ArtBook/Shirt Edition. - I honestly would be sad if this version would be lost in whatever you top on it next. Please allow me the go back to it if i desire.

This is a bit of a late reply, but there is at least a decent chance for this to happen. I know that at least for Stellaris, you could go all the way back to the release version if you wanted to (with a workaround, due to privacy laws). I don't think their published games do so well on that front, but seeing as they own it right now, I think it will probably be easier to go back versions than it is now. Of course, no guarantee though.

Since this forum is kind of quiet, I'm not really expecting a reply but just in case, does anyone know if any new information has been released about Paradox's future plans?

Is there an official assigned to reading and responding in this forum? It feels a bit dead and I am hopeful to see more interaction between members and officials here who are making changes to the game etc :).

Hey guys! Sorry it is a bit dead in here, haha. Most of the player base is used to communicating on Reddit, Discord Group, Twitter, or Steam, so that's where we've been most active.

We also are holding monthly streams to chat with players about wishlists and ideas - next one will be tomorrow at 5pm CEST

When we have our first expansion ready to discuss, we'll post more stuff here on the forums, but I still don't expect this to become a major hub of activity.