Paradox Interactive acquires Prison Architect from Introversion Games

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Building/managing prisons doesn't really interest me.

But managing other places that are nicer and/or more interesting than prisons definitely would.

Maybe something like Frontier Town Architect. Or Space Station Architect. Or Castle Architect.

My only question is the DLC policy.

I was ecstatic to hear the news, but each and every one of my friends is suggesting that what were regular free PA updates will now be $40 a pop

My only question is the DLC policy.

I was ecstatic to hear the news, but each and every one of my friends is suggesting that what were regular free PA updates will now be $40 a pop
that's ludicrous even for paradox.

As well as considering the company that made this gave it up, it seems that they had run dry in regards to free content and wanted to generate some revenue off the game. so even if you do see DLC keep in mind that's probably the only content that you could be getting.

Australia simulator confirmed :
- Prison related
- part in victorian age (Vicky 3 awaited)
- Oz = Australia

So we'll get an australian prison colony simulator ! \o/

Well, I’ll see how things turn out for PA. A “ blorg-like friendship Dlc for inmates” would be virtually the last piece of a puzzle. Or maybe new stuff, who know

I want a crossover between Prison Architect and Crusader Kings. :cool:
So I can give the position of head janitor to my least favourite son while the heir becomes head of security. :D

Another way to bleed us dry with endless DLC, wonderful.

I still play PA to this day. Awesome game.

However I'm not sure where Paradox can take it next as it is pretty much complete.

To add anything further seems unwarranted as it is already bursting with too many features. That said; best of luck.

I'm carefully excited about this. Introversion was obviously done with the game, the updates had slowed to a crawl or just added features I didn't want at all (multiplayer?). Meanwhile, old bugs from before 1.0 were never fixed (discounting mods) and the PC version and console version are miles apart: the PC version has more content (albeit buggy), the console version has unique content like the psych ward and a million times better UI.

Hopefully now that Paradox owns it PA on all platforms will be bugfixed and get some feature parity - let alone any further development that might be possible. A second campaign perhaps?

My biggest concern is (as I've said before) DLC.

Magicka - $7.99 with $41.17 of DLC

And this is just getting it started!

Surviving Mars - £26.99-£52.99 with £57.05 of DLC

Cities: Skylines - £22.99-£29.99 with £105.84 of DLC

Stellaris - £34.99-£52.99 with $114.00 of DlC

I could go on but I think I've made my point.

I think if we are going to keep the "Prison" of Prison Architect, I would really like the next game to be about a penal colony.

Make it a Sci-fi/punk/dark fantasy setting. You are running it on the behalf some morally-dubious-if-not-outright-evil empire/megacorp that's using the prisoners as labor to build the colony up and keeping it running. Challenge isn't just keeping them housed, fed and in line, but also getting them to harvest, build, and craft almost everything you need to grow the colony, balancing the freedom they need to preform those jobs and the security of limiting their access to contraband. Bonus points if it keeps track of prisoners who escape that might form a band in the wilderness that raids the colony now and again.

In general though, IMO Prison Architect, and what an Architect IP might stand for, is a game where;

-You are in control of a single installation/complex/building.
-You are trying to serve the needs of a population you cannot directly control, with a smaller group that you do have limited control of.
-Said population can and will do things that will undermine your objectives, requiring you to enforce some amount of control over them.
-The result of what you've build should be something you can have fun with as a member of the population you are trying to serve/control.
-...And the tutorial/campaign questions your moral responsibility in all of it.