• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lopitos

Recruit
16 Badges
Feb 17, 2020
  • War of the Roses
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Magicka
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
I'm using the Steam version of the game. I've tried everything from every post out there. It doesn't matter what folders I delete. It doesn't matter how fresh the install is. It doesn't matter if I restart. It doesn't matter where the Stellaris folder is installed. No, there is no Paradox launcher that I can uninstall when I go to Remove Programs. No, I have no mods installed, nor am I subscribed to any. It doesn't matter if I try to run it through steam, or manually run launcher-installer-windows.msi or dowser.exe. Every time, this is what happens. Nothing changes.

This didn't used to happen, either. One day I wanted to play, reinstalled, and this is what happened. Multiple patches and updates have come out since. Nothing changes. Making a forum post here is my last desperate attempt to get this game running. No advice from other forum posts has worked.

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    52,7 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    38,6 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    50 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    34,6 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture5.PNG
    Capture5.PNG
    52,5 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture6.PNG
    Capture6.PNG
    44,6 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture7.PNG
    Capture7.PNG
    65,2 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Let's try forcing an update of the launcher.

Download the installer package for Windows: https://forumcontent.paradoxplaza.com/emailsignatures/2020.14-win-prod.zip

Unpack the file you just downloaded and place the three files in the Steam folder for the game you're having issues with. If asked if you want to replace already existing files click "yes" - that's a sign you are in the right place!

Then:
- exit the Steam app entirely
- uninstall Paradox Launcher v2 from the Windows "Apps and features" utility, if still present.

Delete the following folders if still present:

- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Roaming/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

- run steam.exe as the Windows Admin user

- run the game from the PLAY button in Steam

IF that doesn't help, in this folder are some .log files:
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
Please attach them here.

Note that you can run stellaris.exe directly from Windows Explorer, which bypasses the launcher.

Good luck with that!