• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jia Xu

Strategist
64 Badges
Feb 27, 2010
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Next month we will hear and see.
I really hope some news about BL2 (and the announcement of You-Know-Who .3 )

Reactions:
Next month we will hear and see.
I really hope some news about BL2 (and the announcement of You-Know-Who .3 )
dont know about the "you know who" but BL2 yes hopefully we get some news..if so that may give the people who gave up on it a little faith
im not trying to be mean just keep in mind that the last bit of info we had before this about BL2 was "it may not release the first half of this year" so if this is about BL2 and if it has a release date it maybe the second half of this year..though i hope im wrong and wont mind a dislike from you guy's
but yeah tnx for sharing this with us kliwarrior and hope your right

dont know about the "you know who" but BL2 yes hopefully we get some news..if so that may give the people who gave up on it a little faith
im not trying to be mean just keep in mind that the last bit of info we had before this about BL2 was "it may not release the first half of this year" so if this is about BL2 and if it has a release date it maybe the second half of this year..though i hope im wrong and wont mind a dislike from you guy's
but yeah tnx for sharing this with us kliwarrior and hope your right

Also, Aaron, if you look through my post history, you can see I was one of the most staunch defenders of Bloodlines 2 & its development. It took months after the removal of Mitsoda for me to finally lose most of that hope I once had. I genuinely hope it will be restored in a month from now.

just keep in mind that the last bit of info we had before this about BL2 was "it may not release the first half of this year"
Also just keep in mind it was not posted on any official channel ...
And that we were countless times told not to blindly thrust everything we find anywhere except official channels ...

Also the fact that one of official channels told us that "game is at the end of its Development circle" half year back.
And the fact that another offical channels is still keep telling us right now, that to additional rewards will be revelaed in last year. :D

Just saying.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Is "You Know Who" a certain monarch who has been most recently played by Jenna Coleman? ;)
Your are super right , but I don't say any name for sheer superstition.

Also just keep in mind it was not posted on any official channel ...
The Paradox CEO said "it will be difficult that BL2 will be released in the first half".

But the fact that BL2 can came out at least 4Q/2021 (or later) is almost certain for me.

Let's do a sort of "reverse countdown".
Let's suppose they want to release in October 2021.
Even if nowadays development is made with an Agile and iterative approach , some basic are still true: to release in Oct./21 , you need 3-4 months for testing and bugfixing only, without any serious content added. ( of course they can work on stuff which fall under Continual Improvement paradigm, like AI and performance).
So for mid June you should have your game done ( or 99.9% done ).
Therefore in March they should be in full beta running, with just minor content to add (I don't know, a couple of faces for png for not having all the people looking the same, a couple of graphic elements here and there, some minor quests etc..).

This for programming, now marketing.
Outstar does her job, but is clear the all the hype that was in late 2019 has gone, and must be rebuild.
Nobody preorders BL2 since months (and I'm sure someone who preordered in 2019 just cancelled )
So you need .. 6 months of marketing campaign ?
Using this hipotetical date (Oct./21 ) , you jump to march-april.

TL;DR:
If they will say something meaningful , but really meaningful, and will show something really new, there are some hopes for 4Q/2021.
If they will remain vague... let's start to think about 1Q/2022

Last edited:
Reactions:
Well wasn't it the guys from Bethesda who said 3 months is their window to drum up PR for the releases?
I don't know.
Actually, my feeling Is that "marketing drums" start earlier. Without speaking of CP2077, I'm sure that AC:Valhalla serious marketing started about May, for the release in November.

The Paradox CEO said
To be completely honest i dunno ...
Is there any way theese days to find out the difference between someone saing and someone else claimed that someome said? :-/
Nah w/e ... even if.

The point was that interview seemed to me quite secretive, or at least not quite public. :-/
I mean, if people dont repost it on any social media, we would not even know about it.

It was a short interview in a Swedish Financial (not gaming! ) magazine released in November 2020.
Pdox is a Public Company, and a CEO (which is not a Game director neither a developer) is obviously quite careful on what she says.
She only said "Jag tror inte det kommer under det första halvåret, men vi får se" , that is ( thanks to Google !!) "I do not think it will come in the first half, but we'll see"
Here the link ( may I post a not english link? , hopefully yes ) if you mind: beware: swedish!

It was a short interview in a Swedish Financial (not gaming! ) magazine released in November 2020.
Pdox is a Public Company, and a CEO (which is not a Game director neither a developer) is obviously quite careful on what she says.
She only said "Jag tror inte det kommer under det första halvåret, men vi får se" , that is ( thanks to Google !!) "I do not think it will come in the first half, but we'll see"
Here the link ( may I post a not english link? , hopefully yes ) if you mind: beware: swedish!
I had the impression that she had mentioned something about making the game ready for the new consoles?

"Tidsschemat för Bloodlines 2 har påverkats av såväl personalavhopp som av pandemin. Förseningarna förde med sig att Paradox tog beslutet att anpassa spelet även för de nya konsolgenerationerna Playstation 5 och Xbox Series X som släppts i dagarna. Detta anpassningsarbete har i sig bidragit till förseningen av lanseringen."
=
The schedule for Bloodlines 2 has been affected by both staff dropouts and the pandemic. The delays led to Paradox making the decision to adapt the game also for the new console generations Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X which have been released recently. This adaptation work has in itself contributed to the delay in the launch.

At this point ik its crazy and funny
but my BD is here so i wish we get some news on BL2 march 13th this year
LMAO sorry
anyways lets hope we get news on it then btw will it be a video the paradox news event?