Paradox has a broken multiplayer for me and a few other people

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheZaneiac100

Recruit
8 Badges
Feb 17, 2021
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
I have been unable to play CK3 since about a month after release. It worked perfectly fine for the first month, but then they changed something that causes me to get logged out after a few minutes. I have spent several hours since then trying to find the problem to fix it, with no luck. I have filled out several tickets with support and they have just told me several times that there are issues and they will fix them, they haven't. I would not be upset if it didn't work on launch so I could have just got a refund, but they did something to break my experience after I got past the 2 week/2hour grace period return for steam. So at this point Paradox has essentially scammed me out of $50. I bought this game to play with my friends and I can not. The only help I have gotten from support is that I should post stuff here, so I am ranting hoping some person who actually develops the game hopefully can see this. I will not be giving Paradox anymore of my money moving forward

I have been unable to play CK3 since about a month after release. It worked perfectly fine for the first month, but then they changed something that causes me to get logged out after a few minutes. I have spent several hours since then trying to find the problem to fix it, with no luck. I have filled out several tickets with support and they have just told me several times that there are issues and they will fix them, they haven't. I would not be upset if it didn't work on launch so I could have just got a refund, but they did something to break my experience after I got past the 2 week/2hour grace period return for steam. So at this point Paradox has essentially scammed me out of $50. I bought this game to play with my friends and I can not. The only help I have gotten from support is that I should post stuff here, so I am ranting hoping some person who actually develops the game hopefully can see this. I will not be giving Paradox anymore of my money moving forward
Are you on the steam beta for the multiplayer fixes? described here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/steam-open-beta-1-3-2.1470825/

Ive been having the same issue since shortly after release too. The only thing ive gotten from Paradox Support is being told to wait, and wait, and wait some more.... It does feel like a scam has you said, I bought a game that said it has multiplayer and for a problem that isnt mine or that I can fix, makes it unplayable. They already announced the first dlc and this is still going on, its frankly almost unbelievable.

Paradox has been putting server-sided DLC ownership checks to multiplayer in order to prevent pirating. This has coincided with the numerous issues that have been plaguing multiplayer, so I assume that those issues are linked somehow to the new anti-pirating implementations.

Last edited: