• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Markwart Storme

Corporal
98 Badges
Mar 21, 2012
  • Sengoku
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • March of the Eagles
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
  • Magicka
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Knights of Honor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
Hey!
Since some time, all my Paradox games are in English, even if I change it back to German in the launcher, it's back to English the next time I start any game.
As I don't always remember to change it back, I have to restart games more often than I like.

What can I do?

Hey!
Since some time, all my Paradox games are in English, even if I change it back to German in the launcher, it's back to English the next time I start any game.
As I don't always remember to change it back, I have to restart games more often than I like.

What can I do?
according to another forum post

documents/paradox/stellaris/settings.txt

and just change the language i guess

• 1Like
Reactions:
We are seeing this under the beat launcher version 2021.7 . If that's what you are using, please opt out of that beta back to the normal 2021.6 version.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Sorry, couldn't get back here earlier. D:

In the meantime, I purchased Hearts of Iron IV and there, that weird language thing happens, too.

I made sure I am not subscribed to any betas. Wasn't the case. :/

What launcher version do you see?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Please opt out of that beta back to the normal 2021.6 version, thanks.

Well, as I said: With nome of my games, I participate in any beta. Not on Steam or somewhere else.
I literally can not opt out of any beta, as I am not opted in in the first place. I douvle-checked now. o.o

If that is the beta version, then it shouldn't be. I didn't want that.

This is nothing to do with the games or Steam. You have opted into the beta of the launcher, there is no other way to get that 2021.7 version you have.

In Launcher Settings there is a slider for that.

Okay, if you know better than me where I opted in, we don't need to talk, do we?

I am not opted in in a single beta. Why would I lie if just opting out would stop this from happening? I can't, I am NOT opted in into a beta. In none of my games. And I will not uninstall all my games just to have a possible problem witht he subscription process on your side being cleared.

It's unacceptabel that you aggressively try to force the problem on my side. Doesn't help me, doesn't help you. Nor does it help Paradox in this case to improve a core software.

I may have the beta version of the launcher, but NOT because I am subscribed. Rather than trying to tell me that I lie, you guys should just accept that the problem might be even bigger than we thought. As I got a version of something that I am not subscribed to. Possible security problem. And everything.

At any point when you were in the launcher for Stellaris [not in the game itself or in Steam/Gog/etc] you went into Launcher Settings and changed anything in there?

Ex: You decided to Opt Out of Personalized Content

Even if you don't remember doing it, that is the place to check

Start up Stellaris and when the launcher pops up on screen click the launcher settings

That section will be the place to find out if you switched on Receive Beta Versions of the Launcher

If that option is grayed out, then grab a screenshot showing the entire launcher, including the version in the lower left corner

In the event it is grayed out and you are on launcher version 2021.7-rc2 that screenshot will let the Mods know there is a bug and they can they walk you through possible fixes

Okay, if you know better than me where I opted in, we don't need to talk, do we?

I am not opted in in a single beta. Why would I lie if just opting out would stop this from happening? I can't, I am NOT opted in into a beta. In none of my games. And I will not uninstall all my games just to have a possible problem witht he subscription process on your side being cleared.

It's unacceptabel that you aggressively try to force the problem on my side. Doesn't help me, doesn't help you. Nor does it help Paradox in this case to improve a core software.

I may have the beta version of the launcher, but NOT because I am subscribed. Rather than trying to tell me that I lie, you guys should just accept that the problem might be even bigger than we thought. As I got a version of something that I am not subscribed to. Possible security problem. And everything.
Did you check the slider I directed you to in my last post?