• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Re: YESSSS

Originally posted by Dagfinn

Hey hey hey, and now, you must have expected this Johan :D :

Do you have an ETA for 1.10?

AND

Will the saved event bug be fixed?

As he has said - He is still working on 1.10 and the Event Bug is a bad one. I take that to mean it is going to take some work to eradicate.

We must remember that Paradox isnt a big company (yet) and they have other projects to work on. They cannot suspend other work whilst bug hunting - otherwise they would go bust and nothing would be supported. Therefore Johan et al have to allocate their time economically.
EU has been a good project for them and I am sure they will try their best to keep the customers happy.

Yes. Fix. Please.

Going back to Hist events: One thing is beyond me big time:
events 24 and 50 are designed to represent the opposite of each other - one improves relationship, the other, well, decreases them. For some odd reason event 24 works, event 50 doesn't. What's more peculiar is that event 33 (investment in land tech) does work, while event 34 (investment in naval tech) doesn't. Why???

Not all events were designed to work with that file, sorry

Well, even the events that were designed to work (like 27, 52, 50 since they all in the original Hist Events file) don't. Again, why?

Questions, questions....:cool:

Originally posted by Crook
Going back to Hist events: One thing is beyond me big time:
events 24 and 50 are designed to represent the opposite of each other - one improves relationship, the other, well, decreases them. For some odd reason event 24 works, event 50 doesn't. What's more peculiar is that event 33 (investment in land tech) does work, while event 34 (investment in naval tech) doesn't. Why???

Well, even the events that were designed to work (like 27, 52, 50 since they all in the original Hist Events file) don't. Again, why?

Questions, questions....:cool:

So many questions and so few answers... :)

Well I just wanted to put the thread on top again...;)

Originally posted by Dagfinn

So many questions and so few answers... :)

Well I just wanted to put the thread on top again...;)

There is really no need. Patric has stated that it has been noted.
If it is fixable then it will be fixed.

Well, I'm a bit late too this thread, but okay.

FIX IT!

Please, please, please?

Originally posted by Tom
Are you locating these random events in the RandomEvents.csv file?

I agree - it is a problem to have the events not automatically happen (i.e. lost when you have to reload). Affects game balance. :(

Not random, but historical events. Certain monarchs, for example Henry VIII & Elizabeth I get specific historical events at particular times in their reign that are linked to them. Other monarchs like Mary I, James I, etc, don't get these types of events. The events for these monarchs are in the file 'Historical events monarchs.txt' (& .csv I suppose) in the games \DB directory. Elizabeth I for instance, has nine specific events set up to happen during the first five years of her reign. If you save the game & restart before the end of those first five years, the remaining events do not happen as they are not saved to the save file. It's my understanding that the same thing happens to the monarch events for the other countries. & yes, that affects play balance imo too.

I hope they fix it someday.

John J