Paradox Fan Gathering 2014 - Cologne! August 14th!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
CXPUQmk.png

Hello all beloved Paradoxians!

This year we will be arranging for our yearly fan gathering during Gamescom in Cologne on the 14th of August 2014.
Please do come join us, talk to our developers, check out our games, meet other Paradox Fans and more!

For more information: https://www.paradoxplaza.com/fancon-2014
(as much as we like it to be free, we need charge a symbolic sum to prevent people from reserving tickets
without a serious intention of attending, taking tickets from others that are going)

The venue will be at the Koelnmesse, so accommodation close to that is to prefer!

Ever since our first fan gathering in 2003, we’ve come to realize that the best way to meet our
fans is to do so in person, outside the confines of digital empires and dynasties. Of course, ten years later,
we still know that games are what brought us all together, so we’re still going to have some of those.
Join us in Cologne, Germany for Paradox’s Fan Gathering 2014!
On August 14, 2014, we will host an evening of game activities, meeting & greeting, and even some
special news and announcements – which you can be among the very first to hear! The main attraction,
of course, is the chance to meet up and play games with your fellow Paradox fans, and with us. We can’t
wait to hear your war stories and challenge your strategies!
Register for the Early Bird access pass, and snag a limited-run Fan T-Shirt!
More detailed info regarding the agenda will follow, but make sure to sign up since the tickets are limited.
First come, first served!

See you there!!

If you experience problems with the Eventbrite (signup page) linked! Please contact fangathering2014@paradoxplaza.com for assistance! If you want to pay using PayPal is one reason to contact us that way.

More Details Released

aw :(

You guys should do this in Toronto.

No. It should always be in Sweden.
I'm thinking Vegas would be a good alternate location :)

In seriousness though one day I will make it to the motherland (aka a paradox fan gathering) This year timing doesn't work out for me, so I will be jealous of all the Paradoxians that do get to enjoy the gathering :)

Last edited:
I'm thinking Vegas would be a good alternate location :)

In seriousness though one day I will make it to the motherland (aka a paradox fan gathering) This year timing doesn't work out for me, so I will be jealous of all the Paradoxians that do get to enjoy the gathering :)

Right now I'm trying to figure out what part of my food and medicine budget to cut so my expenditures match my income.

When I can get that sorted out I'll attend.

For those of you with budget constraints, I'd like to remind you that there are many low cost airlines that fly to Germany and during Gamescom there's a huge camping site set up (not sure about the specifics, perhaps someone who has attended can share) which I imagine would make accommodation more affordable.

Still not a viable option? No need to worry, we'll try to vary our locations (big & small) like we have in the past. We've been in Stockholm, Sydney, New York, San Francisco and a whole bunch of other places to meet our fans and we hope to continue with that.

Kind regards
Susana

FYI.

Me, Podcat, Solsara, Regina, Doomdark, JohanLerstrom, Darkrenown, TomaszKowalczyk, Guraan, Sideburnout & Pallidum will be there from the developers. (Lets hope I didnt miss anyone)

I'll be there!

/shams

Ah man, I was just in Europe the other week. Hopefully I'll be able to go to one of these when it's in NA...

I'm back from Cologne on the 10th :( and that is the last of my holiday usage as well! :(

So, we have to wait till August to hear about any new projects?

Yay… given you'll be rather close to where i live, i do plan on coming… :D

I might actually be there this time.
And IIRC last year there was an age restriction that only people older then 18 could be there (I might remember it wrong though). Has this changed this year?

Is there no way to pay with Paypal ? How can i come if i don't have a credit card ?