Paradox Development Studio Advent Calendar #1 Doomdark

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Regina

Lt. General
5 Badges
Jan 29, 2008
www.paradoxdevelopmentstudio.com
  • Majesty 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
Rejoice, the holiday spirit is spreading all through the office of Paradox Development Studio,
and now we are very happy to invite you to count down the days til Christmas together with us!

Each day we'll give you a small glimpse of our world and introduce you to a member of the team,
so you can get to know us devs at PDS :)

Cheers,
regina

Paradox Development Studio is happy to present:
My name is: Henrik Fåhraeus
My forum nick is: Doomdark
At Paradox development studio I work as: Project Lead, Game Designer and Senior Programmer
So what do I do, really – what does that mean: I split my time between programming, project management and game design. These days I have less time for programming though, since I'm heading two projects (the next secret CKII expansion and... something even more secret.)
I have worked on: All of our games to varying degrees, except the original EU, Crown of the North and March of the Eagles. That list is likely to get longer though, since PDS has grown so much and we're working on many parallel projects (I barely had anything to do with EU IV). I also led the development of several expansions (for EU3, EU: Rome and HoI3.) My most significant efforts are probably HoI (design and AI), HoI 2 (co-design and AI) and Crusader Kings II (design, project management, and gameplay programming.)
Right now I´m working on: A secret game, and a secret expansion for CKII :)
My best game ever and why I like it: Last year I said UFO: Enemy Unknown, so this year I'll go with a really old classic; The Lords of Midnight. The very idea of making a character based, panoramic first person(!) strategy game back in 1984, for a computer with 48K RAM was mind-blowing, really. Mike Singleton's genius remains a great inspiration to me and it was a tragedy when he passed away last year.
If I was a game character, I would be: The Avatar, from the Ultima games, working towards higher ideals, trying to improve both yourself as a person and the state of the world around you.
My personal motto is: Abusus non tollit usum
My hobbies include: Scuba Diving, Reading and playing computer games.
And out of the 7 deadly sins, I am definitely guilty of: Pride and Lust :)
Little known fact about a Paradox Development Studio game: Paradox Development Studio's very own PR Manager Boel “Regina” Bermann recently got her first novel published; "The New Man" (it's great, read it!), which inspired me to write a sort of Easter egg event chain for Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham. It's very rare to see it happen, and you need to play as a non-Pagan, but if you've seen the movie Omen you'll know what's going on...

You can read about that event chain here: From Holy Kingdom to Unholy nightmare
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?736028-From-Holy-Kingdom-to-Unholy-nightmare-Why-this-is-the-best-DLC-yet

Glad första advent allesammans!

Henrik Fahraeus_ProjectLead_ParadoxDevelopmenttudio.jpgHenrik Fahraeus_ProjectLead_ParadoxDevelopmenttudio2.jpg

Last edited:
I am not worthy to be the first post of such a great man such as HENRIK FÅHRAEUS! It is good to learn more about the team. I wonder if everyone has to put a motto? I bet some will have to google around for a good one... or is that a swedish thing to have a personal motto....

This will be a good series!

oh and plus 20+ learning until 5/5/14 modifier for that event chain

Good to know that we will be getting to know the great guys at paradox through this. We are not just dealing with an entity that we don't know.

Is Henrik and Johan related? He looks like Johan's little brother. :)

Mike Singleton died?
Odd way to receive that news. :(

Anyway, yay Doomdark! CKII is imho better than EUIV, so your game remains the uncrowned king of PDX. :)

Nice :)

Little known fact about a Paradox Development Studio game: Paradox Development Studio's very own PR Manager Boel “Regina” Bermann recently got her first novel published; "The New Man" (it's great, read it!), which inspired me to write a sort of Easter egg event chain for Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham. It's very rare to see it happen, and you need to play as a non-Pagan, but if you've seen the movie Omen you'll know what's going on...
I am in the sad position of having to wait for a translation :(

Ooh! Super secret new game! And i can't wait for the next CKII expansion, which is the best game ever IMO.

Right now I´m working on: A secret game

So... Hearts of Iron 4 is an obvious guess.

Very nice idea, indeed.

secret game woohoooo :D

So secret Crusader Kings II Expansion.. Secret as in we don't know anything about it or secret because it is devoted to intrigue, plotting, and the shady mechanics of the game?