• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

nzweers

Private
Mar 2, 2015
Hi Paradox, if you are choosing between borderless full-screen or dedicated full-screen support. Please keep it simple and keep dedicated full-screen support.

- borderless full-screen will effectively kill any crossfire/sli support from the videocard manufacturers or the chance of getting it to work yourself by trying out profiles.
- I also have 3 monitors and need crossfire support to keep a playable framerate on Eyefinity mode on 3 screens.

I'm starting this thread because I read in the AMA that Paradox still had to choose between the 2 modes. So, here's my 2 cents about the choice :) Thank you!!

Reactions:
Upvote 0
I'm quite sure they're launching with full screen because who wouldn't?

The AMA was simply them saying that they are looking at the possibility of borderless fullscreen. There's no indication that they're sacrificing one for the other. It's just that borderless fullscreen would take more time to implement.

I run on 3 monitors using NVidia surround at 5760 x 1080, but frankly if a game doesn't work that well on it, I just have the one running for the game. SimCity (2013) did run on that resolution, but the UI wasn't centred on the centre screen, so to me I preferred 1 screen. Obviously this is just preference on that latter point.

I feel it's such a niche thing that they're not going to put it as a priority considering they have a small development team.

OMG:

"On Windows the default fullscreen mode is borderless window which means that some third-party features such as G-Sync don't activate. You can start the game in exclusive fullscreen mode if you force it to use DirectX9 instead of DirectX11 by adding -force-d3d9 as a launch parameter. However, there seems to be problems with 4K resolution when using DirectX9."

So, sli and crossfire is currently broken for DX11. Please make DX11 dedicated full-screen like a normal game! Every game has this, please fix this. Multi-gpu users are running at half the framerate.

Last edited:
Okay, after further research it looks like the Unity engine just handles cfx very badly. There is no Unity game that really benefits from crossfire as to my knowledge.

I tried a couple modes and profiles in dx9 mode and although it said cfx was working it then simply put both cards on equal load as with one gpu, and the fps didn't rise.