Paradox Classic theme NO LONGER defaults to fluid width...

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SephirothWS

Second Lieutenant
21 Badges
Jan 3, 2019
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
Previously this theme was ALWAYS set to a fluid width, spanning the entire width of the browser viewport. Something changed with yesterday's update has made the theme get rendered with so much wasted space on the left and right sides of the content wrapper.

As much as I want to love the newer themes this forum has been getting, especially the MUCH improved color scheme for the new default theme, the lack of intrusive and unnecessary animations of this theme makes the forums just feel so much more responsive, so that is the primary reason I use this theme over the default.

Reactions:
There has been no commentry nor updates on this issue, nor any responses to my other thread

I am inquiring about a user preference somewhere, to disable the time-wasting unnecessary flashy animations of the newer themes the forums have been using. They are annoying, they waste time when navigating from page to page, and don't do anything to improve my experience with the forums.

I got an article online through a Youtube personality that I watch who drops tips, tricks and tutorials on all things CSS, who presented this article to me.

Very good read, there are some people who actually do not like animations, some even getting motion sickness, and thusly set their operating systems to display less of them. Your theme does NOT follow this media query, nor does it seem to support it. I have animations disabled at the operating system level because some animations are just that much of a bother. Please consider looking into supporting this.

Your newer themes are so much better on the eyes, but because of the animations, I cannot handle them.

@TinyWiking @DebbieElla @pdxfreddy @Castellon

The above read regarding animations is something I would like to have you folks look into. Still want a way to disable the unnecessary flashy animations the forum has ever since Audentio's theming has been in place since over a year ago. This is extremely important to me, and I really would like the animations disabled and/or a toggle somewhere in the user control panel so I can disable them.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's driving me slowly nuts. Help us, I even bought Leviathan.

Bumping this; Paradox should definitely look into this, especially that prefers reduced motion article I linked several posts up. PLEASE do something about the overuse of animations on this forum that makes it next to impossible to enjoy the MUCH better styling of the default theme over the classic theme...

the overuse of animations on this forum

What animations are you refering to ?
I usualy am using the PDX Classic style, now changed to default to see what you mean and i don't see any animations, but that might either
be down to my other settings in preferences (having only Collapse side navigation and Use Game Hubs selected in the Style options)
or i may not be looking at the forum where this happens. Do you have an example ?

Bumping this; Disabled my user css sheet for the forum to see if anything had been done about the flashy animations, and to my dismay, nothing has been done. Is there really no way to get an option to disable the flashy animations without needing to use and maintain a user stylesheet just to stop the animations from annoying the ever living daylights out of me?

Previously this theme was ALWAYS set to a fluid width, spanning the entire width of the browser viewport. Something changed with yesterday's update has made the theme get rendered with so much wasted space on the left and right sides of the content wrapper.

As much as I want to love the newer themes this forum has been getting, especially the MUCH improved color scheme for the new default theme, the lack of intrusive and unnecessary animations of this theme makes the forums just feel so much more responsive, so that is the primary reason I use this theme over the default.

There's a Toggle Width button on the lowest-left portion of the page.

Clicking that gives full-width.

It's adjacent to the "Style Chooser" box.

There's a Toggle Width button on the lowest-left portion of the page.

Clicking that gives full-width.

It's adjacent to the "Style Chooser" box.
That it does. However, I keep having the theme 'forget' that I set it to full-width, so eventually I come back to skinny forum.

E: As an example, when I posted this response to HFY, I went ahead and clicked the full-width button. Came back today (Apr 1) to skinny forum once again. This full-width selector is NOT the solution I am looking for, since obviously it doesn't RETAIN the setting. This also doesn't do anything regarding the animation I have brought up as well within this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: