Paradox claimed that this game would be the easiest to mod. Well, it isn't.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

sam999derERST

Private
17 Badges
Nov 3, 2014
  • Victoria 2
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
I've searched all throughout the game files and I STILL cannot find anything related to which nations control which cities/provinces. Has anyone figured this out yet? HOI4 is *way* easier to mod than Imperator.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I've searched all throughout the game files and I STILL cannot find anything related to which nations control which cities/provinces. Has anyone figured this out yet? HOI4 is *way* easier to mod than Imperator.

Join the modding Discord, usually there are plenty of people around to help you. Link to Imperator Rome Modding Discord. Its an amazing place filled with brilliant ideas and helpful people. (And I say that as a grumpy cynic)

Otherwise, your answer is the ImperatorRome/game/setup/main folder > 00_default.txt file. Scroll down to around line 7075, thats where it is set which TAGs control which provinces/cities.

• 1Like
Reactions:
What's easy or not is quite individual I guess :) Imperator has centralized the thousands of spread out history files of the earlier games into central setup files. Generally most the things that guide how things are no startup are in the setup folder.
setup/main/00_default.txt has all countries in the game in it and what land they own.

A country looks like this:

Code:
BRG = {
            government = tribal_kingdom
            primary_culture = vindelician
            religion = druidism
            centralization=10

capital = 3636

own_control_core =     {
                3636 3637 3639 3739
            }
        }

Where the numbers inside own_control_core are the territory IDs a country owns at start and the number after "capital" is the territory that starts as the capital :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
It's significantly easier to mod than civ6 as an example, although you have less problems with the civ6 priciple when two mods make changes to the same file.

Reactions:
What's easy or not is quite individual I guess :) Imperator has centralized the thousands of spread out history files of the earlier games into central setup files. Generally most the things that guide how things are no startup are in the setup folder.
setup/main/00_default.txt has all countries in the game in it and what land they own.

A country looks like this:

Code:
BRG = {
            government = tribal_kingdom
            primary_culture = vindelician
            religion = druidism
            centralization=10

capital = 3636

own_control_core =     {
                3636 3637 3639 3739
            }
        }

Where the numbers inside own_control_core are the territory IDs a country owns at start and the number after "capital" is the territory that starts as the capital :)
in game the culture cannot be changed or religion does not change well the religion in which my file was changed please help
Unbenannt.PNG
Unbenann2t.PNG

The most common reason if your changes don't take effect is that there is either more than one entry for PER that overrides your changes OR that your mod is not being loaded for some reason :)

I think the best place to ask these questions is the mod forum though, where you will likely find help more quickly.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Moved to User Mods Sub-forum.

It's significantly easier to mod than civ6 as an example, although you have less problems with the civ6 priciple when two mods make changes to the same file.

In fairness, that is hardly a positive considering Civ6 is a shambles to make decent mods compared to its predecessors.

• 1Like
Reactions:
In terms of modding history, yeah its tougher and since its all in one file, messing anything up causes a crash. Very unnerving compared to ck2, but oh well.

At least there is better event and decision modding, which I don't use lol.