Community Developer, general sweetheart
- Nov 5, 2013
Deadly New Expansion to Launch on August 25 with New Patch
Paradox Interactive, a publisher and developer whose games have serious reaper-cussions, today announced the release date for The Reaper’s Due, the upcoming expansion for the medieval grand strategy game Crusader Kings II. Featuring new disease and medicine mechanics and a whole host of deadly new challenges for players’ in-game nobles, The Reaper’s Due will be available on Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs on August 25, 2016.
This expansion will return the Black Death to its rightful place in the center of medieval history, and add new systems that reward sound realm management and planning.
But, as with all expansions from Paradox, The Reaper’s Due will launch with a new content patch for Crusader Kings II, updating the game for all players, whether they purchase The Reaper’s Due or not.
Among the changes coming in the new patch will be:
- New custom rules options at start up for epidemics, invasions, legal changes and so on, so you get the Middle Ages that you want.
- New options to auto-save the game at different time intervals
- A new interface for better understanding the death and succession of rulers
- Adjustments to how alliances work, including AI attitudes to disloyal allies
- Major improvements to game optimization
- “Continue” button on game launcher to get you to your map even faster
- New mod triggers to account for The Reaper’s Due content
- Tons and tons of balance and gameplay tweaks, plus new events
For more information about Crusader Kings II, visit http://www.crusaderkings.com/