Paradise Pre-gained: Pre-orders Available for EU IV: Conquest of Paradise expansion

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

dasupa1

Paradox Interactive
40 Badges
May 2, 2012
  • War of the Vikings
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Magicka 2
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Paradox Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Dungeonland
  • Cities in Motion 2
Paradox Reveals New Tricks Behind New World in New Video Developer Diary

STOCKHOLM — January 2, 2014 — Are you ready to explore paradise? Paradox Interactive, a publisher of games and famed explorer, today began offering pre-orders for “Conquest of Paradise,” the first expansion to Europa Universalis IV. Created by Paradox Development Studio, the latest addition to the award-winning empire-building franchise is coming to Windows/Mac/Linux on January 14, and can be purchased through leading digital distribution platforms.

Pre-order the expansion here:
http://www.europauniversalis4.com/buy

View the pre-order trailer here:

[video=youtube_share;_fQcO1j5Uw0]http://youtu.be/_fQcO1j5Uw0[/video]

Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise allows you to send your ships off to the West to discover a new world, unlike any you’ve seen before, with a completely randomized American continent. The expansion also makes it possible to play as a Native American nation and master the federation mechanics, as well as unique national ideas, buildings and events. You may also take command of a Colonial Nation, declare colonial war, or even strive for liberty from your motherland.

The new video developer diary, showcasing the Colonial States, is available now. Set your sights on the following link:

[video=youtube_share;PZHyVdVrcUI]http://youtu.be/PZHyVdVrcUI[/video]

Read all the written developer diaries here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...lis-IV-Conquest-of-Paradise-Dev-Diary-Archive

Europa Universalis IV is the critically acclaimed strategy game that allows players to tell their own stories, determining the course of international events as they see fit. Whether they’re growing a sprawling nation across the sea to the shores of a new world, or trying to survive an invasion by overseas explorers, Europa Universalis IV offers enough options to satisfy colonialists and imperialists alike.

Strategy fans and ambitious conquerors can purchase Europa Universalis IV now at www.europauniversalis4.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
I prepordered the expansion at Green Man Gaming. And got an order-confirmation E-mail. But no steam key was in that E-mail. Will i get the keys on the release day? or is something wrong? :eek:

Edit: Nevermind. GMG will send the keys on release-day! :)

Eh, no new screenshots of the randomly generated worlds, and the price is a fair bit higher than I would have hoped. Yes, it's a significant expansion with some exciting features, but with the current state of game prices on platforms like Steam I think the price is relatively high. Oh well, I'll just take the free patch and wait for a discount on the new content, since apparently Paradox's products go 75% off a few months after release...

Eh, no new screenshots of the randomly generated worlds, and the price is a fair bit higher than I would have hoped. Yes, it's a significant expansion with some exciting features, but with the current state of game prices on platforms like Steam I think the price is relatively high. Oh well, I'll just take the free patch and wait for a discount on the new content, since apparently Paradox's products go 75% off a few months after release...

It came in less than I was expecting. I thought it was a reasonable price most games have their expansions at or higher than that.

It came in less than I was expecting. I thought it was a reasonable price most games have their expansions at or higher than that.

Yeah, I was expecting much more considering how big an expansion it is. Somewhere around £15 would have been reasonable, but I'm not complaining :p

Really? Reasonable by what standard? You really think this expansion is worth half the game's price? And compared to what else you could get for that money on Steam? Not trying to hate, just saying.

Really? Reasonable by what standard? You really think this expansion is worth half the game's price? And compared to what else you could get for that money on Steam? Not trying to hate, just saying.

a) The current standards of the Games industry- look at the big expansions for most AAA games on steam
b) It reworks half of the world so yes. Also, the game's £35, not £30.
c) It is the winter sale at the moment.

I guess it depends on the value you place in the game, this expansion'll probably give me ~100 hours more gameplay because colonization's one of my favourite aspects of the game, while something else of the same price would be 30 at most.

Wish more screenshots of the random new world would be released, really makes me concerned that the glaring issues with terrain on it never got fixed. Preordered anyway though because the other features are ones I was much looking forward to.