• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(2920)

Dark Surcouf ne meurt jamais
for a crusade to be launch, do we need to ask the pope to do it, wait for him to launch it himself and will there be territorial objsctives. like could i ask the pope if a could do a crusade on lithuania or do i have to whait for him to decide to do a crusade there, and does this give me an adventage, whatever i do (except attaking christian i think) even if i don't go to lithuania but to livonia for instance?

does jerusalem has a special status on this territorial thing (if it exist)?

That's a great question. Since Crusades were generally organized by many nations at once, and were pretty much divided into a series of wars, will you have to wait for the Pope's declaration? Usually (well, at least for the English, French, etc), kings didn't just go over whenever they felt like having a war...
Also, will this game be mostly focused on these Crusades as the name implies, or will there be considerable allowance for international European wars as well (ie, sort of a prequel to EUII)?

You'll need it, since Paradox stated that the Papacy will pay in part or full the hired mercernaries for the Crusades.

The main gain of this is that the mercenaries will stay even when winter sets in, when usually they go way. The Crusader Kings' money may not be enough for maintenance of mercenaries in Winter, where money and recolt are scarce.

Drakken

Originally posted by magicpiper97
That's a great question. Since Crusades were generally organized by many nations at once, and were pretty much divided into a series of wars, will you have to wait for the Pope's declaration? Usually (well, at least for the English, French, etc), kings didn't just go over whenever they felt like having a war...
Also, will this game be mostly focused on these Crusades as the name implies, or will there be considerable allowance for international European wars as well (ie, sort of a prequel to EUII)?

The main focus of CK is on dynastic administration, personal conflicts among fealty and other monarchs, family prestige and power.

CK is not based on Empire-building, as in EU.

Drakken