• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
panther-anthro said:
EDIT 2: It refuses to take pictures of any screen in which an event fires, any idea why that is guys?
i have same issues here...

It's weird because I've seen AAR's with event pictures for EU 2.

I'm probably going to create an event chain, that ends up with the Abbasid Caliphate and Almujadid Caliphate entirely at odds, as they vie for control of the Muslim World.

I'm going to write up some explorer events in a few moments though, and I'll post them here. I'm also going to write up a few flavor events =D!

event = {
id = 705121
random = no
country = ALM
trigger = {
ai = no
countrysize = 12
}
name = "The Quest of Meirut Aldajin"
desc = "To the Almujadid Caliphate come tales of the richs and glories of Africa. Seeing if he can discover these riches for the greater glory of the Almujadid Empire, a captain named Meirut Aldajadin beseechs the Caliphate if it well not fund an expedition. The Caliphate must decide if it wishes to throw in it's lot with this man."
date = { day = 1 month = may year = 1552 }

action_a = {
name = "Go forth to Africa!"
command = { type = cash value = -100 }
command = { type = wakeleader which = 37061 }
}
action_b = {
name = "A foolish idea"
command = { type = vp value = -10 }

I made a Conquistador, and this is my event to trigger him.

Last edited:
Usually when I write events, they're either very carefully balanced, or unremittingly bad for me. I try not to add events that will help me.

I wouldn't have used the Sardinia event. You mentioned how many times the heretic event fired. That sounds like a massive guerilla style war to me. Unless the Caliphate completely depopulated Sardinia and started over, I have trouble buying the final victory.

Similarly giving yourself a conquistador is iffy. Especially if you're trying to argue that the Caliphate is the "New Carthage." Why would 'Carthaginians' give a rat's butt about Subsaharan Africa?

It makes more sense if they drop the 'Carthaginian' aspect of their claim to empire. After all: They have Sicily, Corsica, Sardinia and Morocco. How much legitimacy do they need?

On the plus side, I do like your writing style. It's straight forward and easy to follow. I wouldn't change a thing there.

To take event pictures, you can't use the game's screenshot option. You have to Print Screen (which copies the screen to your clipboard), then open a graphics program like Paint and paste. Make whatever modifications you need and go from there.

Good luck :)

That's incredibly evil. Also, trust me there will be very negative Sardinian events in the near future. It's really only that kind of event, because of the fact that Sardinia is how can I put this. It's in the same vein as Sicily/Malta culture conversion events. It's more so a re-assimilation of the Empire.

Also, if you haven't noticed I've been systematically taking old Carthaginian Territories XD. So, in reality they 'are' focusing on a more Carthaginian style conquest, in what they are taking. Albeit, they have a very similar goal, of taking Rome. But yes, I think I could end up using an event that fires for major 'christian' unrest.

Also, most of the religious rebels were in Corsica, which doesn't have a massive population. Mind you I killed over 100k total in rebels from Corsica, I'm assuming their all coming from Genoa, because quite frankly Corsica only has 15k population XD. Sardinia has lower population then Corsica, and I only let them become Islamic when they converted to Islam.

I really need to know how to fix my manpower issue though. I really need the manpower from the mainland.

Also, they have heard tales of Gold, from the Mali, why wouldn't they wish to try and find those riches for the greater glory of the Almujadid Empire? They are becoming more innovative, and realize that conquest may not be the best way to help forge their Empire.

The real goal of that 'leader' I gave myself was to help me take the Canaries ^^. Well, lets see what the next 50 years have in store for us. I'm going to try and make some conquests in Italy, but I have a feeling this could result in disaster...

Note: I've decided I won't continue the AAR til a few days from now, when my main PC is back. Mainly this will allow for me to provide a lot more event screen shots, and be able to create better posts, and writing etc. My current laptop keyboard has a broken shift-key for instance.

Last edited:
one opinion: the europeans called the muslim nations barbarians, so u as a north african muslim nation are accepting their degrading term by calling your coast "Barbary Coast". So i think that u should change it to something more heroic and great like the Coast of Islam or something:p

Just an opinion

Cheers

Mm...you're mistaken, Colonel. Yes: IRL the Europeans were the only ones to refer to that stretch as the Barbary Coast, but they called it that because of the Berbers.

I'm not sure panther's assuming his own people refer to it as the Barbary Coast. Even if that's true though, and even if we assume the Euros are using it in a negative context, I can see his Empire keeping the name as a deliberate snub at the Christians.

After all, we Americans took the insult of being called 'yankee doodles' and made it our own.

I hope you get back to this soon, panther! I want to hear more!

CatKnight said:
Mm...you're mistaken, Colonel. Yes: IRL the Europeans were the only ones to refer to that stretch as the Barbary Coast, but they called it that because of the Berbers.

I'm not sure panther's assuming his own people refer to it as the Barbary Coast. Even if that's true though, and even if we assume the Euros are using it in a negative context, I can see his Empire keeping the name as a deliberate snub at the Christians.

After all, we Americans took the insult of being called 'yankee doodles' and made it our own.

I hope you get back to this soon, panther! I want to hear more!

Helping Matty finish version 1.05 first. XD I'm actually the main contributor to 1.05, I've coded at on of events, you should check it out Cat, you'd like it I think. I've been adding a ton more content ^^.

But yes, Catknight is quite correct about why I mentioned my people referring to it as the Barbary Coast. Make an insult into a badge of honor!

Sadly, I'm going to have to cancel this AAR, but only because we have done exstensive changes in 1.05, and because 1.06 will have a complete almujadid, and saxony event chains.

I have an interesting idea for what I'm going to do for my AAR though, an idea I got from some uh 'others'.