• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Superpower34

Corporal
24 Badges
Feb 9, 2022
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
Ao first game I decided to play as Capone. Aside from the bug on the mission to save Frankie,

I feel like game has pacing issues (but perhaps it's me)

I have almost 400 notoriety rating, and haven't really left my starting neighborhood yet. I've got 3 precincts and just started my 1st war vs a major gang.

Are you supposed to get noteworthy so quickly?

Also, is there a way to lure/hire gangster away from another faction?

Ao first game I decided to play as Capone. Aside from the bug on the mission to save Frankie,

I feel like game has pacing issues (but perhaps it's me)

I have almost 400 notoriety rating, and haven't really left my starting neighborhood yet. I've got 3 precincts and just started my 1st war vs a major gang.

Are you supposed to get noteworthy so quickly?

Also, is there a way to lure/hire gangster away from another faction?
Yes becoming king of a neighborhood is all part of your climb to the top

The pacing does seem a little weird, as I typically spend a large portion of the game maxed out at 1,000 Notoriety, but with a bunch of powerful bosses still active.

Once you're in the endgame, there isn't really anything to do except invade a lot of neighborhoods to fight your more distant rivals, wait until you can buy them out, or some combination of the two.

As for hiring away gangsters, generally you can't, but transferring gangsters is an option you can suggest or offer in a sitdown negotiation. I try it once in a while just for the hell of it, and it almost always is rejected, until once I got surprised by someone giving me their single hired gangster at our "temporary business arrangement" meeting, which usually gets me at best a few dollars or barrels of swill.