Pacifists should be able to create Trade League federations

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nov 22, 2020
Currently, besides the "default" Galactic Union federation type, all but one of the "specialized" federation types are enabled by an ethic.
A militarist empire can create a Martial Alliance.
A materialist empire can create a Research Cooperative.
An authoritarian empire can create a Hegemony.
Trade League federations, however, are not associated with any ethic.

If a pacifist empire could create a Trade League, it would be more consistent with the other federation types.
The pacifist ethic's faction is the trade-favouring Prosperity faction.
The pacifist ethic's big benefit is increased stability, which increases trade value (+30% at 100 stability) among other things.
Perhaps most importantly, allowing pacifists to create Trade Leagues would give diplomatic pacifist empires more gameplay options, which seems fair as the ethic reduces their military options.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
On the one hand, I don't love the current association between Pacifism and prosperity.

On the other hand, I don't have anything which would replace that potential benefit.

On the gripping hand, at least it's consistent with the current lore, and at least it gives Pacifists something nice. +1 from me, good suggestion even though it doesn't make me totally happy.

• 2Like
Reactions: