• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Duke of Wellington: Well, it's all over for Portugal now - proving that those who live by Penalties can also die by Penalties. Perhaps the morale-sapping news of King João I's big mistake had just reached the ears of the Portuguese team... :(

Major_Rawne: Ah well, clearly grumpy, embittered sod's make the best drill instructors! :p As for your glorious role in leading the assault on Panjab - no-one else volunteered. Nanny-boys, the lot of them! :D

coz1: Thanks! As I've said I myself was "a little skeptical" at times during the game. However I was trusting all along on reaching that rather pleasant stage late in the game when you become powerful enough to be able to pull off pretty much anything you want with careful planning. I think it was when Russia proved so easy to defeat that I realized I'd got there! :)

Chief Ragusa: Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Fiftypence: Thanks - it does feel good to have finished!

Finally a huge thank you to everyone who has followed this AAR, lurkers, posters and intrepid volunteers alike! As I and many others have said, it's you guys who really keep an AAR going. For such dedication and loyalty you are each invited to visit Lisbon and choose from the Royal Treasury a Platinum Award of your choice!

* DEAFENING APPLAUSE *

*runs into the Royal Treasury and grabs Platinum Pilsner*
:cool:
*gulp*
*gulp*
*gulp*
:wacko:
;)
*realizes that his action just screwed up Portugese beer brewing for next couple of hundred years*
:eek:o
:(
:eek:
*runs away*

:D This is called keeping a dying AAR alive on life support!

Grundius, Deus, Wolfhound, jwolf, J.Passepartout: Good choices all of you, and all very appropriate! I hope you enjoy them.

Chief Ragusa: I omitted to mention that the legendary mines of Potosi turned out in the end to be platinum mines (wouldn't you know it), with an almost inexhaustible supply. So there's plenty for pants, pullovers, pyjamas, and even playboy mansions... :rolleyes:

Yup, life support it is. :rolleyes:
Considering the Major's now advanced years, I should probably pick the Platinum Pushchair. (damn wheelchairs for nor begining with a P!)
Farewell P is for Portugal, we shall miss thee.
:rofl:

I just went through it in one go.

All I can say is: Bloody Brilliant! Especially the ending, hehe. It's been there all along. :D

P.S. The Portuguese are dirty bastards at the World Cup. England! How could they put yet another insult at that most-insulted of all Footballing nations!?

Major_Rawne: The Platinum Pushchair it is, sir! Now perhaps if you pay a visit to the Fountain of Eternal Youth and splash around in it for a while à la Diogo Deus you might not look quite so out of place in it... :D

AntiochusIII: You read through this AAR in one go??! I'm awestruck :eek: . For such perseverance you definitely deserve a Platinum Prize of some kind, but I can't think what... Oh, and thanks!

Now, can someone just unplug this life support machine...

Darn it, AntiochusIII beat me to it! (being the first to read this whole thing in one sitting, that is).

Meh. Of course, now I have to worry about the side-effects of force-feeding my brain 25 pages of Farquharson's humorous updates and cheap puns in the space of about six hours, but I'm sure I'll find a way to deal w/ it :p

Anyway, should you endeavor to make any more AARs, count me as a faithful reader. (Heck, I've read most of the ones you've written already ;) )

Farquharson said:
Now, can someone just unplug this life support machine...
This ought to do it...

pedrotheunwashed.jpg

GO AWAY!!!

You think he can take care of it? ;) Sorry...I love me some Pedro the Unwashed. :D

And on into Victoria, please, with more tales of Pedro the Unwashed; Diogo Deus and Major Rawne continuing explorations; Willem Den Doode's dark brooding in deepest Transylvania (what would happen if he immersed himself in the Fountain of Youth?).
What policy should Portugal followed as revealed in Pedro of Portugal's last will and testament?

(As I do not have the Victoria game, I feel I am missing out. Heck, I feel like that anyway with the Strategy First Conquest pack version of EU2; the one that isn't supported!)

I go away to the nice coasts of Iberia for some time and when I come back I find this :eek: I can't belive I wasn't here for the ending, it was so great, I... *sob* :)

Tomsky XVI said:
just read the whole AAR... great piece of work, very funny :)
but what about Paris (maybe I did not read exactly enough)???

The challenge was to conquer every p-province, and Paris is not a province in the game, but the capital of the province of Ile-De-France.