• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

realCuervo

Second Lieutenant
16 Badges
Aug 1, 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
JAN1900.png

simple model.png

typed a lot but it won't submit, so be it

Is there a hard limit on how low each good's price can go? I've had the impression that each good's price range is clamped around a "base" value.

Is there a hard limit on how low each good's price can go? I've had the impression that each good's price range is clamped around a "base" value.
Yep, prices are capped at 0.22 - 5.0 times of the base price but that's not the problem. The prices are simply floating too slow to reflect the sharp change in demand. And as I'm observing, the devs seemed to have introduced "market failure" mechanism where goods price goes up for about a week despite a low demand, which would worsen the situation.

I suspect that a significant share of the blame is that the AI seems to prioritize building (or expanding) factories for whatever good is losing money, rather than making a profit. How many failing and already failed factories does it take before the AI decides that building ANOTHER of the same thing isn't a good idea? Answer is, sadly, as many as it has regions to put them in, only because it can't build another of the same type in the same region as an existing factory.

• 1Haha
Reactions: