• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chumley

Corporal
10 Badges
Oct 21, 2014
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
I've been playtesting Renaissance 2.0 and I've experienced no crashes... until now.

I'm in the late game playing as a modified Tal Kalessil. Whenever I click into the units list and then attempt to sort (show/hide) units by clicking on a perk to add, the game crashes. This game mechanic worked fine up until now, but it continues to happen from this point on, always triggered in the units list. Sometimes just clicking the button to pull up the units list triggers the crash.

The exact error message is:

Array<20, 20, itemsize=60>: overflow 21 of 20

I'm not sure if it matters, but Tal is at the top of the units list and he has so many perks and enchantments on him that his portrait is squashed due to three whole rows of perks. I've had units with this many perks before and not had problems.

Anyone have any thoughts?

That's a somewhat common error. It used to be assumed that it was caused by the amount of perks on a unit, but I'm not so sure. As I've seen it reported for an inactive, fairly low level unit.

It's also usually reported on selecting a unit, not the unit list. Could you check all your units to see if it happens when you select any of them?

Currently the only "fix" is to kill the unit with spells. Though if it's Tal that's not really an option.

Selecting each of the units doesn't seem to trigger it. Oddly enough, it only happens when fiddling with the unit list.

If it's a known bug, then there's likely nothing I can do to correct it in the mod. I'll see if I can reproduce it in another game.

Thanks for the info!