• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(103443)

Corporal
1 Badges
Jun 5, 2008
  • Darkest Hour
Just finished a DH Full game. Captured the Med (Suez/Gib) as Germany. The British had a large fleet and a garrison unit in Malta. All have the red out of supply label. Two years later out of supply and all units are still at full strength? What are the exact rules for OOS and Str/Org and why is nothing happening in this situation?

Phelim

Hard to explain but the reason they are at full strength is because the brits keep sending supplies at the beginning of the day (00:00), which almost instantly run out, but the game only counts attrition at 00:00 hours. In other words, if 1 unit of supply arrives at that hour, the entire unit will NOT suffer attrition, but will fight with malus for the remaining 23 hours of the day. This means more than likely that supplies are still reaching the isles.

Weird but true. I opened a saved game as UK and yes Malta has no supplies but 3 supply pop in every day at 00:00 hour and get used up. Since Mediterranean sea has no UK supply this is impossible via supply system. Also in this saved game Uk is nearly dead and has zero supplies to transport. There are no convoys running; anywhere. For example, Hong Kong garrison (although Hong Kong island counts as in supply on the supply map) suffers attrition because obviously no supplies are arriving. The one clue I have is that the capital province icon is on Malta. So assuming the AI has Malta as the capital it automatically gets a little supply every day. Still seems like very weird behaviour. Also, when I check the save game file it lists St John's as the capital (capital - 2137) even though St John's is in German control. So I cannot even edit the save game and move the capital and re-set the bug.

Yeah, if the capital is Malta because they lost everything else, then yes, the free IC all factions get (5 ic is the minimum you can have apparently), if they set even an inkling to it their units will not die. Then again, a simple airborne assault or landing should finish them off easily.

Reactions: