• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(21924)

Captain
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
Paradox - Is this a game question or a support question?

Paradox, do you have an answer for this:

Playing vanilla 1.06 (the first 1.06, not sure if it's called a or not) as Germany. In October 1945 I have annexed or puppeted all of the eastern hemisphere and Canada. I am prepping my US invasion, but lo! and behold! my troops in Canada are all intermittently out of oil! I have two convoys running to Canada, one into Montreal and one into Vancouver (my two bases of operations), each with 50% more than the listed minimum number of transports to bring in enough oil and supplies, plus the fact that I have annexed Canada itself. Following advice on the forum, I cancelled all existing convoys, saved and reloaded. Then I created convoys supplying my puppets and allies, as well as my two Canadian convoys, saved and reloaded. Then I created convoys bringing resources back to my home provinces from overseas, saved and reloaded. None of those convoys are anywhere near Canadian soil - they run from Karachi, Kota Baharu, Port Harcourt, Tunis and Saigon. They are not taking any oil away from my forces in Canada.

The reason this is a major problem is that if my forces get into battle out of oil, they just lose, so I have to have a way to fix it. Other players have given me suggestions, which I have followed (see above) but they have not resolved the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Upvote 0
The support forum is for *technical* problems, the bug forum is for, you guessed it, possible bugs. Yes, this forum is checked regularly, but now that 1.06b is out and HoI2 is in the works, the devs don't have as much time for HoI1.
Only mods can move threads.

Well Im not sure how long you are waiting, but the number of old timers here gets reduced over time. ;)

- You say you have convoys from/to Canada. Do you have one shipping oil FROM canada to Germany? Could be what you need to remove the ship from Canada OIL tick box.

Nope

2Coats said:
Well Im not sure how long you are waiting, but the number of old timers here gets reduced over time. ;)

- You say you have convoys from/to Canada. Do you have one shipping oil FROM canada to Germany? Could be what you need to remove the ship from Canada OIL tick box.

No, convoys running from Canada, only to there. I'll try John H's suggestion, that sounds like a good bet. Thanks for the feedback.

fatgreta1066 said:
The problem with that is, I never get replies in the bug forum. Does Paradox support monitor this support forum? The bug forum? How do I move this thread if that's what I'm supposed to do?

Thanks,

Chris

If you look at my responce times you will be hard pressed to find one longer than 24 hours, So yes the Support forum is monitored. ;)

fatgreta1066 said:
Paradox, do you have an answer for this:

Playing vanilla 1.06 (the first 1.06, not sure if it's called a or not) as Germany. In October 1945 I have annexed or puppeted all of the eastern hemisphere and Canada. I am prepping my US invasion, but lo! and behold! my troops in Canada are all intermittently out of oil! I have two convoys running to Canada, one into Montreal and one into Vancouver (my two bases of operations), each with 50% more than the listed minimum number of transports to bring in enough oil and supplies, plus the fact that I have annexed Canada itself. Following advice on the forum, I cancelled all existing convoys, saved and reloaded. Then I created convoys supplying my puppets and allies, as well as my two Canadian convoys, saved and reloaded. Then I created convoys bringing resources back to my home provinces from overseas, saved and reloaded. None of those convoys are anywhere near Canadian soil - they run from Karachi, Kota Baharu, Port Harcourt, Tunis and Saigon. They are not taking any oil away from my forces in Canada.

The reason this is a major problem is that if my forces get into battle out of oil, they just lose, so I have to have a way to fix it. Other players have given me suggestions, which I have followed (see above) but they have not resolved the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi

Had same problem i HOI 1.06c with CORE, trying to hold England my units would always be disbanded. I also searched the forums for solution. but no solution could be found, in my last effort to solve the problem I increased the transports from the recomended 18 to 160 and immediately saw a difference. i went from 16 Oil + 17 Supplies to 300 Oil + 301 Supplies with the increase in Transports allocated..

This should probally be in a FAQ but haven't seen it

Regards
Delani

Last edited:
Delani said:
Hi

Had same problem i HOI 1.06c with CORE, trying to hold England my units would always be disbanded. I also searched the forums for solution. but no solution could be found, in my last effort to solve the problem I increased the transports from the recomended 18 to 160 and immediately saw a difference. i went from 16 Oil + 17 Supplies to 300 Oil + 301 Supplies with the increase in Transports allocated..

This should probally be in a FAQ but haven't seen it

Regards
Delani
Did you assign transports to that convoy based on the number in the convoyscreen "18/18" f.i.? Because that is not a recommendation, but the minimum number of transports needed to run a convoy.
Every transport can carry 2 coal, 2 steel, 2 rubber, 2 oil and 2 supplies (but not 10 supplies f.i.). When you set up a convoy, you need at least 1 transport for every footdivision and 2 for every selfpropelled division (oil!). If you plan on major operations like some sort of D-Day, calculate what you need, then double it just in case because especially late model tanks will consume a lot of oil.

fatgreta1066 said:
The problem with that is, I never get replies in the bug forum. Does Paradox support monitor this support forum? The bug forum? How do I move this thread if that's what I'm supposed to do?

Thanks,

Chris

well Robert Koop and I try to answer all the question and help in the bug forum so if you do post here in the bug forum you should get an answer if you explain the problem....

Anyways:

I think the problem is that you are sending too little convoys - you probably have all your ships + your planes + your oil demanding tanks taking supplies/oil from Canada. Create a new huge convoy to the stockpile territory. Make sure you dont have another convoy set up from canada to germany that ships oil back like 2coats suggested.

F

I hope you guys notice that this thread is almost two months old. ;)

Except he was posting the solution to the problem. :p :)

Castellon said:
Except he was posting the solution to the problem. :p :)
The 18 transports he mentioned is not the recommended number of transports, but the minimum. What you need depends on what you need to supply. But yes, 160 transports will supply just about anything. ;)