• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

The Wookiee

Inactive
87 Badges
Nov 29, 2004
  • Magicka 2
  • Sword of the Stars
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • IPO Investor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
Regno delle Due Sicilie - Episode 1

2s_flag1.jpg

Two Sicilies flag

So, I’d like to welcome everyone (As if anyone's going to read this crap) to my first AAR. I really don’t know how to best describe the style of this thing, it could be regarded as something a historian would write, could also be a sort of diary from the rulers point of view. I will also – of course - try to be entertaining and not bore everyone to death.

Here’s the background history of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies. Before the French invasions of the Napoleonic Era, the Bourbon dynasty ruled over the same lands, but they were formally divided into the "Kingdom of Naples" and the "Kingdom of Sicily". After the change in the name of the kingdom, Ferdinand became known as King Ferdinand I of the Two Sicilies.
(Source: Wikipedia article on Two Sicilies)

ferdinandII.jpg

The current ruler of the great kingdom, Ferdinand II

Although fairly incompetent and rather power-hungry, he did manage to rule his kingdom fairly well. Corruption in all levels of the government was rampant and Ferdinand’s patriotism reached the extent of not concluding any deals, diplomatic or economic, with any other state.

Enough history for now, let’s focus on the game itself. I will be playing Victoria 1.3c, 1836 scenario with dK's MP mod. There will be no other modifications unless otherwise specified in big, bold, red letters. Let’s have a look at 2S:

ScreenSave10.jpg

Not very promising

ScreenSave12.jpg
ScreenSave13.jpg

2S Military and population overview

ScreenSave14.jpg
ScreenSave15.jpg

2S Political information and diplomatic overview

My intentions are to unite all Italian people, and claim the areas around our lake, but we’ll see how that goes.

That concludes episode 1. I'm sitting here right now, writing episode 2 (1836-1839) and hopefully that will be done sometime today...

And of course, if you have any comments or if you'd like to critize my work (be it constructive or "you suck!"), feel free to post it.

Last edited:
Excellent a Two Sicilies AAR.

Good luck with the unification process. May I presume you will be introducing good healthcare early on? ;)

noddy102 said:
Excellent a Two Sicilies AAR.

Good luck with the unification process. May I presume you will be introducing good healthcare early on? ;)
Healthcare, schmealthcare. I guess it would be a way of soothening the knitting liberal rebels I encountered in an earlier Victoria game...

(Almost done with Episode 2, if anybody actually cares)

Wookie, don't be too worried, people will read (myself included sinc eI was lucky enough to catch you at the begining of the AAR).

I'm horrible at Vicky, so, here's to hoping I can watch and learn from how you go.

yourworstnightm: Thank you, episode 2 will be up shortly... I think. Maybe.

Estonianzulu: I'm worse than horrible though :/ Ah well, another reader, glad to have you on board :)

2 Sicilies hmm.....

I say go out and annex China (just joking)

I've never had alot of success with 2s, so I'm looking forward to this. How do you plan to unify? Will you wait for the envents to fire and hope France picks you, or will you take matters into your own hands?

Quirinus308 said:
2 Sicilies hmm.....

I say go out and annex China (just joking)

I've never had alot of success with 2s, so I'm looking forward to this. How do you plan to unify? Will you wait for the envents to fire and hope France picks you, or will you take matters into your own hands?
Well, with my luck, they'll pick Sardinia-Piedmont. I'll take the matter into my own hands, though that will probably increase my BB significantly...

Stroph1: Indeed, I must secure our Hockey gold! Thanks for reading.
rule_britannia: Would satelliting Sardinia-Piedmont make France pick me in that event?
fj44: Thanks :)

Hopefully I'll be able to put together episode 2 today (I ran into some complications last night regarding Photobucket and image sizes, and I didn't want to screw things up).

The Wookiee said:
rule_britannia: Would satelliting Sardinia-Piedmont make France pick me in that event?
No. :p

Even if S-P is your satellite, France can still choose to support them. Best way is to annex them all before France can make the decision. :cool:

The Wookiee said:
(I ran into some complications last night regarding Photobucket and image sizes, and I didn't want to screw things up).

Been there, done that
Photobucket is really tight especially for there free hosting, but even if you pay, the max size is 1 meg, and a typical screenshot is 2.25

But still loking forward to a good war...

Regno delle Due Sicilie - Episode 2

2s_flag1.jpg

Two Sicilies flag

Note: This episode is image-heavy, so if you still have 56k, commit traditional japanese suicide.​

We pick up the story in March 1836. To gain prestige, the king decided to invade some worthless, puny excuse for a civilization. Since our navy sucks, we decided to go for the closest one, Tunis.

ScreenSave24.jpg

ScreenSave25.jpg

ScreenSave26.jpg

1st Corps lands in Susa.​

ScreenSave27.jpg

Army of Two Sicilies lands in Gabes.​

ScreenSave28.jpg

2nd Corps also lands in Gabes.​

ScreenSave29.jpg

With all the army forces safely on the beaches, land operations begin.​

Last edited:
ScreenSave30.jpg

The brilliant plan is being executed, drawn up by the King himself (Which was of course revised a million times).​

ScreenSave31.jpg

Heavy fighting in Afrikaya. However, the tunisian troops are no match for our wellfed sicilian troops, who all take a 3 hour lunch break every day.​

ScreenSave32.jpg

The assault on the Tunisian capitol of Tunis begins!​

ScreenSave33.jpg

Heavy fighting, the tunisians not giving up an inch (Because they don't know what an inch is).​

ScreenSave34.jpg

The tunisian armies are of course beaten, and the government is ehm, forced, to accept our annexation "proposal".​

ScreenSave35.jpg

The meditteranean on March 17, 1837, a few months after the annexation of Tunis.​

Last edited:
ScreenSave36.jpg

To gain even more prestige for king and country, we build a trading post in the province of Yebuti, in a remote part of Africa known as Ethiopia.​

ScreenSave37.jpg

To some a worthless province, consisting merely of lousy farmers, to others (the king being "others"), the gateway to African colonialization.​

ScreenSave39.jpg

Associationism is discovered! Whatever the hell that is...​

ScreenSave42.jpg

Because of the belligerent policy of the king, the Army of Sicilies cannot safeguard our newfound colony in Tunis because it will constantly have to go to war, so we decide to form a Tunisian Natives Corps, consisting of 3 native divisions, with sicilian regulars, veterans from the conflict. This unit will police the area.​

ScreenSave44.jpg
ScreenSave45.jpg

On august 3rd, 1838, the Tunisian Natives Corps finishes training and deploys. NOTE: It will only act as a police corps, I consider using native divisions for offensive purposes gamey.​

ScreenSave46.jpg

Romanticism is discovered! Sounds girly...​

ScreenSave47.jpg

The world according to the king, on March 18th, 1839.​

ScreenSave48.jpg

Population overview. As you can see, following the annexation of Tunis, we've been blessed with another 4 million tax-payers! Woohoo!​

ScreenSave49.jpg

In order to shut the whiny liberals up, we adopt Free Press. Hang on, that's going to make it worse... DAMNIT!​

Last edited:
That concludes Episode 2. Weee! (Or something)

Quirinus308: Photobucket is very strange indeed. Even if I am under the allowed limit of 500 kb, it will still resize a picture that is 200 kbs... Bah! Thanks for reading the AAR :)

rule_brittania: 6 BB you say? All gain when you satellite? Sounds good.

fj44: The french won't know what hit 'em *BWAHAHAAHAHA*