• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nosferatu

Captain
Jan 3, 2008
Hello folks!
I decided to make a thread where we can boast of our glorious empires. There were created by sword and silver tongue. Then why can't we tell it to the whole world. :) This game is an instant classic anyway.
Yesterday I finished my game as the KIngdom of Castille in a scenario Hundred Years War (1337) with hard setting for difficulty and agressive AI (version is the latest 2.1 beta). That was quite a challenging game for me. I decided to play the latest scenario because it is the way quicker to finish it. After I conquered Granada muslims of Marinid dynasty attacked me from several several sides. Then some muslims from Asia Minor which conquered Portugal suddenly attacked me. But I managed to beat the dirt out of them. Not immediately but I captured most of the Iberian sheikdoms of Marinids then I started a war agaist quite powerful muslims in Portugal and THAT was the first stone to forge an Iberian EMPIRE. It was difficult surpass the scores of other dynasties and my ruler was 55 years old and I was scared that he may die suddenly and that his heir is under-age. Lithuania was powerful and some northern italians from Verona were powerful too (most of the northern Italy and good parts of the Northern Africa were their domains). And you know what? An endless crusade for Jerusalem saved me from disgrace. I mobiled most of my glorious hosts (my personal demesne was almost more than 20 provinces) and waged a fierce war agaist khaliphate of Egypt. Egypt was very strong but it waged a war against almost all of the Europe and I still wonder why nobody managed to capture Jerusalem for almost more than fifty years. All of Mesopotamia and most parts of Persia were actually parts of this behemoth (it's capital was in rich city of Baghdad). Here are my screenshots: :)

Game settings:
2dc8mbn.jpg

Overview of my Empire and it's scores:
nd0ilj.png

Eastern parts of my Empire:
34ec5lv.png

My bold king Juan of Burgundy:
1z17omo.png

Final standing of my magnificent Spanish Empire:
6ixr7r.png

Hope you will enjoy it folks. :)

P.S. by the way, why the game says that it will finish at 30 December of 1452 and in fact it ends in 1 January of 1452?

Can I somehow insert the actual screenshots into the thread? I tried to insert image function but it onle adds some symbol of image and the name of this function.
pointer and that's it.

Last edited:
Can I somehow insert the actual screenshots into the thread? I tried to insert image function but it onle adds some symbol of image and the name of this function.
pointer and that's it.

You need an image/graphic address which somehow includes the full name of the picture and the file
extension, so a graphic link like "..picture.org/picturname.jpg" for instance.
Usually done (in Firefox at least) by right clicking on the image and selecting something like "copy graphic adress" or such.
With the above linked page i got to add a picture, but i had to allow some scripts first to get a
working graphic address link.

Last edited:
Thank you! I’ve got the idea. Can you recommend me a good and free service for image links? I found some TinyPic.com. By the way how can I hide my images in my posts? Only spoiler tags or their is a better way?

Last edited:
Thank you! I’ve got the idea.
Can you recommend me a good and free service for image links? I found some TinyPic.com.

If you can't directly upload an image link address through the "image" option, then....
edit: Oh i see you edited your opening post. Pictures !

my bookmarks on pic-uploads:
tinypic.com
directupload.net
abload.de
pic-upload.de
cubeupload.com

By the way how can I hide my images in my posts? Only spoiler tags or their is a better way?

Spoiler tags are the way to go, yup.
All in the "Insert.." option.

Last edited:
imgur is nice and straightforward, I just make sure they're set to private when uploading.

Ah, i imgur the pensioners home of the good old paradoxplaza smilies.

Actually i intended (though i didn't say it admittedly) to post not only free, but registration-not-required upload sites
and imgur does require that, unless i missed something, but cubeupload.com requires it too i realised, so.....
your recommendation is indeed true and valid. :p:cool:
Thanks