• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tsavong

First Lieutenant
59 Badges
Nov 24, 2010
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
So i decided to give ottomans a try. Was quite fun even with the way to ottomans taking a little bit to long.
But It looks like as if the ottomans path was complety thought out with germany and hungary going down the non-aligned ahistoric focus part in mind. The problem is : They don't .
So i continued nontheless and was able to get 3 countries under occuption:
20201018100425_1.jpg

Now the problem is that i cant get even a 4. research slot, cause that is behind this focus:

20201018100227_1.jpg

This one shows that its meant to be played with hungary doing revive austria-hungary or/and germany going oppose .
What i now think is that either the chances for germany going oppose and hungary doing austria-hungary should be increased in ahistoric or that the focus should only check if you are in faction with any germany. On top of that i would like to be able to get a 5. research slot.

• 3Like
Reactions:
How did you manage to conquer all those Balkan countries before the Axis got them?

I got straight to the ottoman focus. Did not do any army reforms
Then, when i was non_aligned, I instantly made a wargoal against bulgaria. Finished the civil war and declared war upon bulgaria. No one joined and I could annex them.
In the meantime I finished the focus that gives you a wargoal against greece. I declared after peacing out bulgaria, but greece joined the USA. (To mention is that this game is set to ahistoric , great britain is not democratic and at war with USA) . I defeated greece before the italian focus to declare war against greece was finished ( they had it activated already).
The next focus gives you a wargoal against yugoslavia, so i attacked them next, but they did not join USA, so germany did not join and i could annex it.

Reactions:
I got straight to the ottoman focus. Did not do any army reforms
Then, when i was non_aligned, I instantly made a wargoal against bulgaria. Finished the civil war and declared war upon bulgaria. No one joined and I could annex them.
In the meantime I finished the focus that gives you a wargoal against greece. I declared after peacing out bulgaria, but greece joined the USA. (To mention is that this game is set to ahistoric , great britain is not democratic and at war with USA) . I defeated greece before the italian focus to declare war against greece was finished ( they had it activated already).
The next focus gives you a wargoal against yugoslavia, so i attacked them next, but they did not join USA, so germany did not join and i could annex it.

OOF they joined USA. GG game over. hahah

• 3Like
Reactions:
It’s both hilarious and insulting that whoever added her to the game thinks she’d be a better leader than goddamn ATATURK. Surely they’re trolling us.
Ah but it's ok because she's an Easter egg that only requires you to do 1 decision for 120pp

I played a test ottoman game and didn't really enjoy it but after modding the tree a bit I've been having a lot of fun with it

Like I said: No problem.

She is crazy overpowered^^. Her compliance boost makes everything 100% in no time. Great^^

View attachment 643696

Woah holy crap. Did you... okay how did you conquer Italy, France, Soviets, UK and Africa all by 1942? Whats the strategy? Do you have a guide? Cause Wow! Amazing job.

I mean, it only took you a year and a half to do all that! Since the earliest you could form the Ottoamans is about late 1940/early 41

The ottoman achievements seem really fun. I'm doing them last tho

I have done those now in this run and honestly at the end it was really annoying. What I mean:
Taking over greece etc. and then the conquering su , gb and italy was really fun to do. To a degree even conquering the USA. But then it became absolutly annoying:

I attacked germany, defeated it quick but there was no peace conference because of all nations in their faction a one province south american minor without core province ( france) was considered mayor and prevented faction surrender. I send some of my marines over, believed everything is solved now but no:
Mexican junta now considered mayor too. So moving a lot more to america was needed and fighting in mexican mountains ....Maybe it was just that i was playing for to long already...

Then i wanted to get this put the band together achievement.. So i liberated hungary and gave them austria in the peace conference. Of course they needed ages to pick the focus and then did not even want to join my faction, so i had to attack them. They joined dom.rep then which was considered mayor... Had to move marines back to carribean again.

So the normal faction joining, mayor reconsidering peace conference nonsense.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Literally just go ottomans and take the decision to reform succession.
That's it, just wait
Yup, it isn't even a convoluted or difficult set of requirements like Elizabeth, Wallis (Who has MALUSES!) or Victoria (Who is actually weaker than our Ottoman God-Empress over here).

All the more reason for her to not be so mind-numbingly overpowered.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Also having this issue. Hungary, despite having 75%+ non-aligned support is still not flipping to Austria-Hungary like what the focus is intended to do.

Now that you've mentioned the liberation of Hungary will not even make the Austria-Hungary. I'll probably just wait for the devs to fix and balance Turkey's focus.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Eh, I tried to go ottoman, but I don't have the ottoman loyalists. Where do they even come from?

Go down the demcoratic focus tree route. Pick always demcoratic in the events too. Then the Kemalists will start a civil war , when you pick the last focus in that branch.
While that civil war is running, there will be an event that offers support by this loyalists. Accept that .

• 1Like
Reactions:
There's lots of bugs in the Ottoman focus tree. The Saadabad pact doesn't work, they don't join your faction and don't become your puppet.
Apart from that the Ottoman focus tree is very late game, manpower is very restrictive. Grand Ottoman Sovereignty is way better.
Have these issues been patched?