• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
YodaMaster said:
Are you sure all plagues events are province specific?
Of course, it is the case for earthquakes and natural catastrophes but we don't really know what could have happened for "human" catastrophes if situation was different even if we have no fixed rule for these events. We just know it happened for Ottomans.

It seems I was wrong. Venice, Italy, Bantam and Sumatra plagues and smallpox are in Province Specific file, but other epidemics are in country files. What does a plague have to do with who rules the province? Would the plague in Anatolia not have happened had it been ruled by Italians or Persians? I don't think that any European civilization of that time could cause or prevent the plague. For example, plague in Venice happened because of great population density and bad living conditions, and I bet the reasons for any other plague must be similar to those in Venice. Would Venice have been any different had it been conquered by Austria or France or the Ottomans?

Maybe Venice could have lost its importance and density could have been lower than it was when plague historically appeared or maybe not... This is a combination of multiple factors (and wars can be included too). There is no easy answer to this question but we don't have to be too deterministic if situation in a game evolved too much from History.

Last edited:
plagues in the renaissance times occurs more often , if the city is a trading city........A COT city. due to migrating traders, no qualantine laws, high density due to trade COT again and sometimes wars and sometimes natural disasters.

Maybe every COT should have a plague as a province event.

Toio said:
Maybe every COT should have a plague as a province event.
Not easy to implement.

Anyway, Anatolia event could become a provincespec event:
Code:
#(1738-1741) The Horrible Plague in Anatolia
event = {
	id = [COLOR=Yellow]338487[/COLOR]
	random = no
	[COLOR=Red]country = TUR[/COLOR]
	[COLOR=Yellow]province = 477 #Anatolia[/COLOR]
	name = "EVENTNAME[COLOR=Yellow]338487[/COLOR]" #The Horrible Plague in Anatolia
	desc = "EVENTHIST[COLOR=Yellow]338487[/COLOR]"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1738 }
	offset = 1000
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1741 }

action_a = {
		name = "[COLOR=Red]OK[/COLOR][COLOR=Yellow]DARN[/COLOR]"
		command = { type = population which = 477 value = -7000 } #Anatolia
	}
}
#-#During the 18th and early 19th centuries, Anatolia was afflicted with intermittent outbreaks of cholera and the bubonic plague.

Last edited:
YodaMaster said:
Not easy to implement.

and with another bunch of random province specific plague events?

szmik said:
and with another bunch of random province specific plague events?

i see the event with a trigger of

has province got a COT
is stability -2 or worse

if yes

5000 dead citizens
-200 trade
-20 cash loss

On this event, kill the text in red.

Code:
#(1639-1820) We have failed to retain our easternmost outposts
event = {
	id = 301128
	trigger = {
		NOT = {
			owned = { province = 471 data = -1 } #Daghestan
			owned = { province = 487 data = -1 } #Azerbaijan
		}
		core = { province = 471 data = -1 }
	}
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME301128" #We have failed to retain our easternmost outposts
	desc = "EVENTHIST301007"
	#-#

date = { day = 17 month = may year = 1639 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { year = 1820 }

action_a = {
		name = "OK"
		command = { type = removecore which = 471 } #Daghestan
		command = { type = removecore which = 487 } #Azerbaijan
		command = { type = relation which = PER value = 200 }
	}
}

By the time of Murad III, the Empire had stretched beyond its natural limits. Azerbaijan and Daghestan were added to the Empire, but only for twenty years, though the Ottomans would despute control with Persia until 1639.\n \n Historically, the Treaty of Kasr-i Sirin (also known as Treaty of Zuhab), signed between the Ottoman Empire and Persia in 1639, established borders that have changed little to this day. Hostilities between the two great empires decreased remarkably following the treaty as their relations steadily improved until 1722 when war broke out again. However, the treaty was dusted off and renewed in 1747.

I don't think it does well to predict the future too specifically and I've already mentioned why that text is misleading before. :p

However, at some point we should probably change that text again as the first sentence is a little awkward and I don't think we usually write events from the point of view of the current day. "have changed little to this day" is confusing unless we're speaking directly to the player and we usually only do that in an in-character way (e.g. Sultan, Cossack raiders are plundering the countryside...).

This is a leftover in event file, entry in text.csv is:
EVENTHIST301007;By the time of Murad III, the Empire had stretched beyond its natural limits. Azerbaijan and Daghestan were added to the Empire, but only for twenty years, though the Ottomans would despute control with Persia until 1639.;;;;;;;;;;

Do we need to change it?

Tunisian revolt

In my current game as the Ottomans I ahistorically wiped the floor with the Habsburgs and their allies. The treaty of Karlowitz event never fired as I control all of Austria and Hungary.

Then the tunisian revolt fired mentioning that those rebels in Tunis became confident because my empire was losing in Europe... :wacko:

Code:
#(1703-1710) The Tunisian Rebellion
event = {
	id = 3391
	trigger = {
                   [color=yellow]OR = { 
                          event = 301015 #Treaty of Karlowitz happened
                          NOT = { stability = 0 } #stab is 0 or lower
                          NOT = { owned = { province = 819 data = -1 } } #Malta
		          NOT = { owned = { province = 740 data = -1 } } #Tripolis
                           } [/color]
		owned = { province = 739 data = -1 } #Tunisia
                [color=yellow]control = { province = 739 data = -1 } #Tunisa is a must else someone could have sieged it only to lose it.[/color]
		NOT = {	exists = TUN
                            [color=yellow]event = 301133[/color] }
	}
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME3391" #The Tunisian Rebellion
	desc = "EVENTHIST3391"
	#

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1703 }
	offset = 1000
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1710 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3391A" #Accept a free Tunisia
		command = { type = remove_countryculture which = delaware }
		command = { type = removecore which = 739 } #Tunisia
		command = { type = independence which = TUN }
		command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = -1 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 300015 } #TUN: The Tunisian Rebellion
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3391B" #Crush the rebels
		command = { type = revolt which = 739 } #Tunisia
		[color=red]command = { type = revoltrisk which = 36 value = 4 }[/color]
                [color=yellow]command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 739 value = 5 } #Tunis[/color]
		command = { type = stability value = -2 }
	}
}

Text:
-#In the first decades of the 18th century the Beys and Deys (Janissary leaders) of Northern Africa were in a rebellious mood in the wake of the Peace of Carlowitz between the Ottoman Empire and the Holy League. In 1705, Hussein bin Ali Agha of Cretan origin staged a coup and founded the Husseinic dynasty which ruled Tunisia until 1957. Tunisia did not become truly autonomous at once, but it gained a large measure of independence.

I don´t mind a revolt in Tunisia or even a larger revolt due to an ahistorical strong position - but as my Ottoman Empire has shown no weakness yet I would like to propose an enhanced trigger and a second event with a more generic text if that trigger is not met and a chance in the b choice to keep the core on Tunis and maghrebi culture of a few more years until the Algerian/Tripolis/Egypt revolts.

The historical changes that lead to the semi-independence of Tunisa happened because the Empire was defeated in Hungary by the Habsburgs and started losing ground in Europe and was unable to succed in taking Malta despite besieging it and so failing to expand it´s naval superiority into the whole Mediterrenean. So I suggest to use a trigger that checks if the OE did get the Karlowitz event or are unstable enough to allow rebels in Tunis a reasonable chance of getting away (stab 0 or lower) or have as historically not managed to conquer Malta or have lost tripolis so that they have no landconnection to Tunis.

In the b choice I don´t see fighting rebels in Tunis causing revoltrisk in ottoman Nubia, Hungary, Iraq or Bulgaria - wouldn´t it be better to use a high provincial revoltrisk in Tunis instead of an empirewide revoltrisk of 4?

The current trigger checks that the event only fires if TUN does not exist - but what if TUN exists and TUR owns Tunis? Then nothing happens?

The current event explicitely states that Tunisia did NOT become fully independent - yet the events releases TUN as vassal and immediately triggers TUN to break that vassalage to become immediately independent...?

Code:
#(1703-1710) The Tunisian Rebellion #ahistorical strong Empire
event = {
	id = 301133
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 739 data = -1 } #Tunisia
                control = { province = 739 data = -1 } #Tunisa is a must else someone could have sieged it only to lose it.
		NOT = {	exists = TUN 
                            event = 3391 #historical Tunisian revolt
                            event = 301015 } #Treaty of Karlowitz happened
	                   }
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME3391" #The Tunisian Rebellion
	desc = "EVENTHIST3391"
	#-

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1703 }
	offset = 1000
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1710 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3391A" #Accept a free Tunisia
		command = { type = independence which = TUN }
		command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = -1 }
		}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3391B" #Crush the rebels
		command = { type = revolt which = 738 } #provinces bordering Tunisia
		command = { type = revolt which = 740 } #
		command = { type = revolt which = 819 } #Malta works only if TUR own it
		command = { type = revolt which = 351 } #Vienna works only if TUR own it
		command = { type = religiousrevolt  which = -1 } 
                command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 739 value = 5 } #Tunis
		command = { type = stability value = -2 }
              	}
     }

#Historically in the first decades of the 18th century the Beys and Deys (Janissary leaders) of Northern Africa were in a rebellious mood in the wake of the Peace of Carlowitz between the Ottoman Empire and the Holy League. In 1705, Hussein bin Ali Agha of Cretan origin staged a coup and founded the Husseinic dynasty which ruled Tunisia until 1957. Tunisia did not become truly autonomous at once, but it gained a large measure of independence.

Edit: I forgot two } in the modified trigger. Now the game starts with both events above added.

Edit: Added control trigger. If TUR does not control Tunis then releasing TUN will spoil whoever had control over the province.

Last edited:
Last edited: