• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
why would i take down just for kicks!? having ILLOGICAL event in a LOGICAL possibility just turns me off ;)

to give an example. england conquers AHISTORICALLY france. how would anyone react if france FORCEFULLY pops up by EVENT way? :mad: and there is not a darn thing u can do about it :D not even the choice of action b WICHEVER that might be a die hard situation or decentralization, etc....

badboy events for Ottomans, events in question

I have noticed that the intended effects do nothing for Ottomans because one of the triggers for the events is badboy = 30. This is too high as TUR are usually for the most part of their games hovering around badboy of 25.

I recommend that all the badboy numbers get lowered to 20 and the command line to be increase by 10
since TUR has many states on their hitlist , then i think this is justified.

as per event below
#(1419-1650) The Empire is growing
event = {
id = 301054
trigger = {
OR = {
owned = { province = 357 data = -1 } #Thrace
owned = { province = 359 data = -1 } #Hellas
owned = { province = 360 data = -1 } #Morea
}
badboy = 20 # was 30
ai = no
}
random = no
country = TUR
name = "EVENTNAME301054" #The Empire is growing
desc = "EVENTHIST301054"
#-#With our Empire growing, some of our previous conquests are now firmly in our hands.

date = { year = 1419 }
offset = 180
deathdate = { year = 1650 }

action_a = {
name = "OK"
command = { type = badboy value = -15 } # was -5
}
}

AI BB only around 25 before 1650 is a direct consequence of BB reduction events. Without them AI BB would be around 40 and more (as it was before inclusion of these events).

I agree badboy = 20 could help as lowered condition for all events, including 301054. I disagree with increased BB reduction. -10 should be sufficient in each AI event.

But 301054 is for players only. This is why BB loss is only -5. A player will not force-annex Muslim minors but AI will since they are in the combat list. IMHO, no need for a -15 gift in this case.

Last edited:
While running my 2 tests of Omani expansion in the 1648 scenario I noticed that both times, the OE was able to annex Morocco and gain a pretty big chunk of West Africa. This is a problem.

sturmvogel said:
While running my 2 tests of Omani expansion in the 1648 scenario I noticed that both times, the OE was able to annex Morocco and gain a pretty big chunk of West Africa. This is a problem.

sometimes i have seen this, but is it an issue .........really ?

YodaMaster said:
I agree with Toio, it can happen and this is why I added release of Morocco when Algiers becomes independent from OE but I don't see a real problem here.
Once is OK, twice is a trend. Maybe you should check the 1648 setup. Things might be OK for the GC, but a problem in the scenario due to event timings, etc.

sturmvogel said:
Once is OK, twice is a trend. Maybe you should check the 1648 setup. Things might be OK for the GC, but a problem in the scenario due to event timings, etc.
We could lower relations at start of 1648 scenario. Remember we have the same problem between Kongo and Portugal in 1520 scenario.

New Ottoman event for wartimedevastation of Banat

The discussion started in the Romania thread and what I envision is similar to the dutch wartime devastiation events which I used as template. I already suggested a twin event for the same effect if Banat is later owned by Austria:

Code:
#(1540-1820) #after conquest of Hungary
event = {
	id = 301089
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 354 data = -1 } #OE owns Banat
                OR = {
			control = { province = 322 data = HAB } # Wallachia Do the Habsburgs own or control any province neighbouring Banat or Banat itself?
		        control = { province = 323 data = HAB } #Transsylvania
			control  = { province = 324 data = HAB } #Maros
                        control = { province = 353 data = HAB } #Pest
			control  = { province = 354 data = HAB } #Banat
                        control = { province = 355 data = HAB } #Serbia
			control  = { province = 366 data = HAB } #Croatia
		        owned = { province = 323 data = HAB } #Transsylvania
			owned = { province = 324 data = HAB } #Maros
                        owned = { province = 353 data = HAB } #Pest
			owned  = { province = 322 data = HAB } #Wallachia
                        owned = { province = 355 data = HAB } #Serbia
			owned  = { province = 366 data = HAB } #Croatia
		        }
                atwar = yes
                     }
	random = no
	country = HAB
	name = "EVENTNAME179147" #Wartime devastation of Banat
	desc = "EVENTHIST179147"
	#-#

date = { day = 21 month = july year = 1540 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { year = 1820 }

action_a = {
		name = "ALAS"
		command = { type = population which = 354 value = -1000 } #Banat
	              }
                 }

#-#The struggle on the military border between the Habsburg and the Ottoman Empire continued for years and years not only of large-scale warfare, sieges and occupation but also of raids and other incursions. The people living in the borderregions of the empire suffered.

Edit: Corrected trigger from "own" to the correct "owned". Added names of provinces as comment. Corrected population loss from province 337 (Frisia!) to Banat (354).

Last edited:
Following the currently existing events the Ottomans lose their cores on Hungary with the "treaty of Karlowitz" and the Austrians gain cores with various events, the last currently with my "treaty of Pessarowitz".

Some years later the Serbian independance events can trigger which means if the Ottomans lost their provinces after they lost their cores, that the Ottomans might end having a core on Banat but no longer having any land connection to it.

I suggest to add a removecore commandline for Banat in the Serbian Indepandance event TUR 3399 and perhaps an additional event regarding the "Treaty of Belgrade".

ConjurerDragon said:
The discussion started in the Romania thread and what I envision is similar to the dutch wartime devastiation events which I used as template. I already suggested a twin event for the same effect if Banat is later owned by Austria.
Same reversed correction for TUR_301089 as for HAB_179147. Should TUR_301089 be slept by TUR_301015 "The Treaty of Karlowitz" too?

ConjurerDragon said:
I suggest to add a removecore commandline for Banat in the Serbian Indepandance event TUR 3399 and perhaps an additional event regarding the "Treaty of Belgrade".
Propose. An event checking if OE has still a core on Banat, Serbia or Kosovo and doesn't own Serbia, Banat, Bosnia and Croatia (whatever if Bulgaria or Kosovo are still owned)?

Last edited:
YodaMaster said:
Same reversed correction for TUR_301089 as for HAB_179147. Should TUR_301089 be slept by TUR_301015 "The Treaty of Karlowitz" too?

I edited the event to correct the errors.

I don´t know about Karlowitz here - historically the Ottomans lost the Banat with the treaty of Pessarowitz a while after Karlowitz. If the Ottomans ahistorically hold Banat longer should then Banat still suffer from this event? Probably yes, as the border skirmishes would continue longer than historical.

Propose. An event checking if OE has still a core on Banat, Serbia or Kosovo and doesn't own Serbia, Banat, Bosnia and Croatia (whatever if Bulgaria or Kosovo are still owned)?

Code:
#(1800-1820) Serbian Independence
event = {
	id = 3399
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 355 data = -1 } #Serbia
		NOT = {
			AND = {
				owned = { province = 354 data = -1 } #Banat
				owned = { province = 364 data = -1 } #Bosnia
				owned = { province = 366 data = -1 } #Croatia
				OR = {
					owned = { province = 356 data = -1 } #Bulgaria
					owned = { province = 363 data = -1 } #Kosovo
				}
			}
		}
		NOT = { exists = SER }
	}
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME3399" #Serbian Independence
	desc = "EVENTHIST3399"
	#-#The Serbian independence movement grew strong under Karageorge and Milos Obrenovic in the first two decades of the 19th century. The two men hated each other, and Milos probably had Karageorge murdered in 1817. After the Russo-Turkish War of 1828-29, Serbia finally became an internationally recognized principality under Turkish suzerainty and Russian protection.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1800 }
	offset = 3000
	deathdate = { year = 1820 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3399A" #Accept a free Serbia
		command = { type = removecore which = 355 } #Serbia
		command = { type = removecore which = 363 } #Kosovo
		[color=yellow]command = { type = removecore which = 354 } #Banat[/color]
		command = { type = independence which = SER }
		command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = -1 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3399B" #Crush the revolt!
		command = { type = removecore which = 355 } #Serbia
		command = { type = removecore which = 363 } #Kosovo
		[color=yellow]command = { type = removecore which = 354 } #Banat[/color]
		command = { type = revolt which = 355 } #Serbia
		command = { type = revolt which = 355 } #Serbia
		command = { type = revolt which = 363 } #Kosovo
		command = { type = revolt which = 364 } #Bosnia
		command = { type = stability value = -2 }
	}
}

If OE owns Cyrenaica but Tripoli exists when Egypt forms by event, OE ends with this province far away. I suggest this modification:
Code:
#(1768-1798) The Independence of Egypt
event = {
	id = 3398
	trigger = {
		OR = {
			owned = { province = 742 data = -1 } #Quattara
			owned = { province = 743 data = -1 } #Cataract
			owned = { province = 744 data = -1 } #Alexandria
			owned = { province = 745 data = -1 } #Delta
			owned = { province = 746 data = -1 } #Egypt
			owned = { province = 747 data = -1 } #Nile
		}
		NOT = {
			exists = MAM
			exists = EGY
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME3398" #The Independence of the Mamluks in Egypt
	desc = "EVENTHIST3398"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1768 }
	offset = 720
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1797 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3398A" #Accept a free Egypt
		command = { type = remove_countryculture which = delaware }
		command = { type = removecore which = 742 } #Quattara
		command = { type = removecore which = 743 } #Cataract
		command = { type = removecore which = 744 } #Alexandria
		command = { type = removecore which = 745 } #Delta
		command = { type = removecore which = 746 } #Egypt
		command = { type = removecore which = 747 } #Nile
		command = { type = removecore which = 748 } #Batn al Hajar
		command = { type = removecore which = 749 } #Nubia
		command = { type = independence which = EGY }
		[COLOR=Yellow]command = { type = secedeprovince which = TRI value = 741 } #Cyrenaica - just in case[/COLOR]
		command = { type = trigger which = 301047 } #TUR: Loss of claims in Egypt
		command = { type = trigger which = 24059 } #EGY: The Independence of the Mamluks in Egypt
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3398B" #Crush the rebels!
		command = { type = remove_countryculture which = delaware }
		command = { type = removecore which = 742 } #Quattara
		command = { type = removecore which = 743 } #Cataract
		command = { type = removecore which = 744 } #Alexandria
		command = { type = removecore which = 745 } #Delta
		command = { type = removecore which = 746 } #Egypt
		command = { type = removecore which = 747 } #Nile
		command = { type = removecore which = 748 } #Batn al Hajar
		command = { type = removecore which = 749 } #Nubia
		command = { type = revolt which = 743 } #Cataract
		command = { type = revolt which = 743 } #Cataract
		command = { type = revolt which = 744 } #Alexandria
		command = { type = revolt which = 744 } #Alexandria
		command = { type = revolt which = 745 } #Delta
		command = { type = revolt which = 746 } #Egypt
		command = { type = revolt which = 746 } #Egypt
		command = { type = revolt which = 747 } #Nile
		command = { type = stability value = -2 }
	}
}
#-#Since the Ottoman conquest of 1517-1518, the Mamluks of Egypt had lost official independence, but managed to retain most of the levels of power, although nominally under command from a pasha nominated by the Sultan in Constantinople. In the late 18th century, the influence of the Turkish Pasha was insignificant and the Mamluk Beys behaved nearly as the rulers of an independent nation, paying tribute and taxes whenever they wanted and limiting their duties as Turkish vassals to the minimum.

If OE owns Tripolitania (i.e. TRI doesn't exist), this is another story.

This is the one that is included in EGUFSM and I don't remember why we use two green stripes in AGCEEP Deluxe (file is from March 2005).

Original EU2 file is plain yellow with green Arabic writings (no idea where it comes from) and Base version doesn't modify it (inconsistency with Deluxe).
And eagle in Base CoA is because: Plain Yellow...MKJ added Saldin's eagle on the other to differentiate it from Brunei (from here).

Maybe Base CoA could be redone with the white symbol instead of the eagle and EGUFSM flag could apply to both Base and EGUFSM.

Better discuss this issue in Egypt thread.

TUR_3395 (Horrible Plague in Anatolia) happens to TUR even if they don't own Anatolia. Shouldn't it be a province specific event like all plagues and earthquakes, so it could happen to whoever owns Anatolia at the time? Is there any reason why plague would happen only if Anatolia is Ottoman?

Are you sure all plagues events are province specific?
Of course, it is the case for earthquakes and natural catastrophes but we don't really know what could have happened for "human" catastrophes if situation was different even if we have no fixed rule for these events. We just know it happened for Ottomans.

At least, there is indeed a missing condition for the event:
Code:
#(1738-1741) The Horrible Plague in Anatolia
event = {
	id = 3395
	[COLOR=Yellow]trigger = {
		owned = { province = 477 data = -1 } #Anatolia
	}[/COLOR]
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME3395" #The Horrible Plague in Anatolia
	desc = "EVENTHIST3395"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1738 }
	offset = 1000
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1741 }

action_a = {
		name = "OK"
		command = { type = population which = 477 value = -7000 } #Anatolia
	}
}
#-#During the 18th and early 19th centuries, Anatolia was afflicted with intermittent outbreaks of cholera and the bubonic plague.