• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Garbon said:
Should that NOT be in there?

I wanted the event to trigger if the Ottomans do NOT own Daghestan or Azerbaijan so that they then lose those two cores.

Garbon said:
Then you're missing a "}" to close the not statement. Also, OR is the default operator inside NOT statements, so you don't really need that.

You´re right. Post updated.

Why is the startdate of this new event in 1594 when Kasr-i Sirin fires in 1639? I understood this event was a safety in case Kasr-i Sirin doesn't fire or ahistorical choice in it.

YodaMaster said:
Why is the startdate of this new event in 1594 when Kasr-i Sirin fires in 1639? I understood this event was a safety in case Kasr-i Sirin doesn't fire or ahistorical choice in it.

I used 1594 because the 1574 event mentions they were held only for 20 years, so I just added 20 years as a first thought. However you´re right the start date should be later as even after historically those provinces were lost the claim was still upheld. Startdate changed to 1639.

YodaMaster said:
Why not use "DAMN" for the name of the action?

Well DAMN seems like swearing for the chosen caliph so "We have failed" seemed for civilized :cool:

However as DAMN is one of the abbrevated actionnames and the other not (and might be changed without thinking of it´s use in other actions) I agree. Event changed.

YodaMaster said:

That reminds me: As Kasr is marked as "already happened" in the 1648 scenario this new event should also be marked as already happened and the cores on Daghestand and Azerbaijan be removed for 1648 scenario.

ConjurerDragon said:
That reminds me: As Kasr is marked as "already happened" in the 1648 scenario this new event should also be marked as already happened and the cores on Daghestand and Azerbaijan be removed for 1648 scenario.
You're right and I didn't forget to remove the cores in 1648 scenario. Check beta 12.

Just an event for information to OE when Knights leave Malta:
Code:
#(1523-1798) The Order of St. John is offered Malta
#by Crook modified by Fodoron
event = {
	id = 24001 #triggered by SPA_285124 A / ARG_111034 A
	random = no
	country = KNI
	name = "EVENTNAME24001" #The Order of St. John is offered Malta
	desc = "EVENTHIST285123"
	#-#

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME24001A" #It solves our problem
		command = { type = relation which = PAP value = 100 }
		command = { type = relation which = SPA value = 400 }
		command = { type = treasury value = 100 }
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
		command = { type = removecore which = 481 } #Rhodes
		command = { type = addcore which = 819 } #Malta
		command = { type = remove_countryculture which = french }
		command = { type = remove_countryculture which = greek }
		command = { type = add_countryculture which = maltese }
		command = { type = add_countryculture which = french }
		command = { type = capital which = 819 } #Malta
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = TUR value = 481 } #Rhodes
		command = { type = inf which = 819 value = 3000 } #Malta
		[COLOR=Yellow]command = { type = trigger which = 301092 } #TUR: The Order of St. John is offered Malta[/COLOR]
	}
}
#-#When the Order of St. John was expelled from Rhodes in 1523, it underwent a crisis. Their possessions were being confiscated all over Europe, both by Catholic, and Protestant rulers, their income dwindled, their recruits stopped coming. They desperately needed a base, preferably by reconquering Rhodes, otherwise an island in the Aegean, but nobody helped and Venice opposed them. Europe was at war and there was no place for their neutrality. The emperor Carlos however came up with a master idea. He offered Malta to the Hospitallers. Malta was difficult to defend from the growing Ottoman power, but the Knights were a tough breed. They would give their life defending his shipping lines with Sicily. In 1524 the Hospitallers sent a commission to Malta. Their report was very negative. The island could not sustain itself, and the defences were very poor. Then Carlos decided to include Tripoli in the deal as a take it all or leave it all. The Knights opinion on Tripoli was even worse. They did not have the resources to upgrade its defences. But having no other option, the Chapter General decided in 1527 to accept the offer with the opposition of the French Langues. They still had hopes of recovering Rhodes, but in 1530 they gave up and moved to Malta, taking possession also of Tripoli. From then on, the Spaniards and the Knights of St. John would fight their battles in North Africa together.

New event:
Code:
#(1523-1798) The Order of St. John is offered Malta
event = {
	id = 301092 #triggered by KNI_24001
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME24001" #The Order of St. John is offered Malta
	desc = "EVENTHIST285123"
	#-#

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME301092A" #Rhodes is ours!
		command = { type = vp value = 5 }
	}
}

to yodamaster: all with beta 12 in your LATEST release. always updating here the day u release it

-hedjiah exploit: when mameluks release hedjiah; if pause the same day, ottos can dow hedjiah and get all its other core provinces from them BEFORE the event triggers that makes hedjiah ottos vassal; so result is that ottos is at WAR while getting the vassal and is able to get all hedjiah provinces.

-the crimean possiblly becoming vassal of ottos events: NEVER trigger in ny form latelly.

- blak ship/white ship.....i mean ottos VASSAL "AK KON..." RIGHT AFTER this country breaks vassal with timuruds. and the n ottos will HELP it overcome the SHIITE "kara kon...". the result is that AK becomes BIG owning tabriz, etc....and is SUNNI religion ("kara" is shiite but is eaten by "ak'" remember?). and once kara and ak are united ALWAYS as sunni religion, around 1490,s ottos ANNEX IT, and as result it can OWN all main persia BEFORE its events could trigger........................ 2 choices: 1- add "breakvassal with ottos" command to "ak" events OR 2 - make an event for ottos to release savidi in 1493....i would go with number 1.also this happens to ai even more easier then to a human, that is why RARELLY one can see persia forming anywhere west of tabriz...

Garbon said:
I almost never see this happen (the AKK-TUR bit) and if it does happen I don't think it is really something that we should guard against (given its infrequency of occurrence). Are others seeing this as a big stumbling block?

trust me as a human player I ALWAYS do that :D . ai does it even easier LOL

now this is not cool at all, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :eek:o :confused:

i am ak konuia. 1502 or 1503. i own almost all anatolia.managed to kill off kara konuyo right at start( got kiruk and armenia, then timuruds annexed it go get it myself afterwards.). in 1502 both mameluks and ottos are my vassals, with ottos nicelly starting to go deep in hungary and balkans.

but something just killed OFF my try out............the +10 rr in azerbajian and revolts of savidis i PERFECTLLY understand...however there is this event that i lost my capital (I DID NOT loose azerbajian to any rebels, instant or not, + in 1450's i decided to keep my capital in kiruk, so azerbajian loss of capital does not fit at all my present "history" by the way). upon loosing my capital ( wich IS NOT THERE, and again, i did not loose it to rebels :eek:o ) i am FORCED TO RELEASE SAFIDIES, and cede them provinces FOR NO REASON AT ALL....

now this is a total kill off; either give ak konuyo a chance to BECOME safidis in that event like kara has OR give a "die hard" option AT LEAST to avoid releasing safidis providing of course that azerbajian is not lost to rebels.

it is a pitty becouse ak has potential to be played on very hard settings as well.

and since i am at it, is it possible to make at least some turkish minors BECOME ottoman empire? providing certain requierments of course and getting only the turkish culture probablly IF before 1500 is able to form it.

Respectfully, I disagree. The AKK didn't really have any chance of preventing the formation of the Safavid state (i.e. the monarch, who you are not in direct control of, fled). And there is no historical basis on which to have them convert to Persia. What we should have though is an event with the choice to move the capital back to Azerbaijan if the Safavid state is stomped on by the AKK.

The other thing we can do, is have an alternate version of the Safavid release in the case that AKK didn't move its capital to Azerbaijan.

Thanks for that info as those are a few logic changes that I never thought out. :cool:

Garbon said:
Actually beregic what made you think that the Safavids were marching on your capital? Nothing in the event texts refers to Tabriz as the capital of the AKK.

check out the EVENTS name :( and nevermind, if nobody sees the logic here in the comments i made above then i will just erased the " command = { type = independence which = PER } #Safavid " in MY agceep version :D

#(1501-1515) Safavids in Tabriz
event = {
id = 103011
trigger = {
owned = { province = 486 data = -1 } #Nuyssaybin
control = { province = 486 data = -1 } #Nuyssaybin
event = 103010 #AKK: Ismail of the Safavids
}
random = no
country = AKK
name = "EVENTNAME103011" #Safavids in Tabriz
desc = "EVENTHIST103011"
#-#Unfortunately for Alwand, a similar situation, to the battles for Širvan, occurred when his 'superior' forces encountered those of Ismail. Alwand's defeat at Shurur, allowed 15 year old Ismail to march victoriously into Tabriz and finally found the Safavid state. Meanwhile Alwand retreated to Diyarbakir in hopes of gathering a new force.

date = { day = 1 month = august year = 1501 }
offset = 10
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1515 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME103011A" #Our capital is lost!
command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 487 value = -10 } #Azerbaijan
command = { type = capital which = 486 } #Nuyssaybin
command = { type = stability value = -5 }
command = { type = desertion which = -1 value = 10000 }
command = { type = desertion which = 487 value = 5000 } #Azerbaijan
command = { type = vp value = -100 }
command = { type = independence which = PER } #Safavid Empire
command = { type = trigger which = 254300 } #PER setup event, triggers event for AKK to cede provinces #PER: Ismail's Ambition
}
}