• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'd like to see some choice of economic decadence of OE.... these events are so nasty that I'd like to add some trigger to make them happen if certain conditions are met.

and trigger countrysize=25 is a bit silly considering that there is more Ottomans cores than that :(

I think this hinders AI too much. Player is likely to overcome troubles.

Last edited:
Norrefeldt said:
They were introduced since OE, even when AI controlled, managed to keep up in tech much too easy with the rest of Europe, as Fodoron told about as he did the events. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4674010&postcount=165
In what way do they hinder the AI too much, can you be more specific and describe what happened in your games?

Yah, I've been having that problem to, Ottomans outdo EVERYBODY in tech, even countries like France who have tons of money. Of course the Ottomans where one of the first to adopt gunpowder and excelled in firearms technology for quite sometime but they're WAY, WAY to powerful in tech. Also because of this in my games, they usually end up destroying Austria, diplo-annexing Crimea all the way up to Kazan and crushing the Safavids.

Semi-Lobster said:
Yah, I've been having that problem to, Ottomans outdo EVERYBODY in tech, even countries like France who have tons of money. Of course the Ottomans where one of the first to adopt gunpowder and excelled in firearms technology for quite sometime but they're WAY, WAY to powerful in tech. Also because of this in my games, they usually end up destroying Austria, diplo-annexing Crimea all the way up to Kazan and crushing the Safavids.
You still have that problem in AGCEEP, or are you refering to other mods/vanilla?

YodaMaster preparing 1.51 release said:
land = 5 for OE is included in beta 3. It is only for tests. Of course, all non submitted stuffs will be removed for final version.

As far as I can tell (see here too), land = 5 is good for OE but maybe land = 3 could be sufficient.
As of 1.50, HEL is the only nation with a higher land tech than 1, they have two. As your tests doesn't give the impression that OE have a hard time at start anymore (or am I wrong?) we shouldn't attack that problem, in order to solve another problem: OE teching to slow in 17th c. We could probably change some Janissary events to fix this. Fodoron did very good testing for these events in 1.37, but something has changed (might be OE getting Mamluke land earlier now) and they no longer hold.

How do you think we should proceed? If we change start tech by more than 1, I don't suggest we change the Janissary events at the same time.

Fodorons' test is here.

In tech tweaking thread (post 118 and around) ten games with 1.50 was played hands-off. Result:

Around 1650 OE average Land is 16,5 (std dev 1,8) and HAB average Land is 23 ( std dev 2,4). Fodorons test gave ~20.
Around 1750 OE average Land is 24 (std dev 3) and HAB average Land is 43 ( std dev 5). That's two CRT apart. Too much IMO. Fodorons test gave ~32.

On both occasions FRA and SPA are tech leaders and a few techs above HAB. So even if we think HAB is too high, the difference to the high Latin is bigger than it was.

The event removing land research is:
#(1540) Janissary decadence I -2500d
#(1550-1590) Timar crisis- 2500d
#(1566) Janissary decadence II -5000d
#(1589) Janissary decadence III -3000d
#(1622) Janissary decadence IV -3000d
#(1634) Janissary decadence V -3000d
#(1658) Janissary decadence VI -3000d
#(1683) Janissary decadence VII -3000d
#(1740-1750) Proposal for an Army Reform (Mahmud I) +2000d

I agree that OE needs to lose it's edge, but it seems from the tests it's a bit too. If we want to change events, I only suggest changes in the 16th century events, to make OE keep up slightly longer.

Norrefeldt said:
As of 1.50, HEL is the only nation with a higher land tech than 1, they have two. As your tests doesn't give the impression that OE have a hard time at start anymore (or am I wrong?) we shouldn't attack that problem, in order to solve another problem: OE teching to slow in 17th c. We could probably change some Janissary events to fix this. Fodoron did very good testing for these events in 1.37, but something has changed (might be OE getting Mamluke land earlier now) and they no longer hold.

How do you think we should proceed? If we change start tech by more than 1, I don't suggest we change the Janissary events at the same time.

The effect of the Janissary events on Land tech can easily be halved. This is a quick cautionary measure that can be adjusted according to more tests. I don't think we should go further before moving to the new map where everything will have to be readjusted.
Land tech has to be approached globaly. Latin countries are pushed up by France and Austria in over 90% of the games. France has too wealthy provinces and overexpands. Austria has these two problems and additionally is frequently the HRE, that has a very important bonus to technology from every elector with good relations. Spain should decay after 1640, and being CRC is usally an important factor at that. England needs fixing at several levels.

Ideally we should be able to get a maximun density of Land tech centered in West-Central Europe in 17th century, and slowly going down around that in Europe, with Northern Europe followed by Southern and Eastern Europe, Rusia, then OE, then North Africa, then Asia and finally Africa. Any big gap between a country and some of its neighbours has to be historically justified, like OE against Russia, Poland and Austria by the end of 18th century.

However I do think that OE with a higher Land tech at start is both historically accurate and likely to result in more successful Ottomans in the first century.

I lowered OE land tech to 3 in beta4 and this value seems fine to me for first century and OE advantage. OE reaches land 5 around 1455-1460 before any European country and is able to defeat Hungary and her allies in defensive war and will never DoW her directly (war against Bosnia apart).

Only problem I saw was when OE had no military access through Byzantium (vassalage broken) and OE Dowed by Hungary.
OE builds troops in Anatolia but can't send them in Europe, builds more troops and then stops when support limit is reached, leaving European provinces with no defense but big armies in Anatolia.

My proposal:
#(1540) Janissary decadence I -1000d
#(1550-1590) Timar crisis -1000d
#(1566) Janissary decadence II -2500d
#(1589) Janissary decadence III -1500d
#(1622) Janissary decadence IV -1500d
#(1634) Janissary decadence V -1500d
#(1658) Janissary decadence VI -1500d
#(1683) Janissary decadence VII -15000d
#(1740-1750) Proposal for an Army Reform (Mahmud I) +2000d

And I suggest OE to enter torthodox techgroup with Janissary decadence I in 1540 and finally enter muslim techgroup with The Decentralizing Effect of the Provincial System in 1615 (with a chance to stay in torthodox with action_c)

Muslim states will not have a huge bonus in 1540 because of OE entering in their techgroup and this effect will be delayed until 1615... if OE has problem conquering Mamluks.
It will also help Russia against Tatar States between 1540 and 1615 and for a little techgroup bonus before Poland enter in same techgroup.

And landtech 3 for OE at start in 1419 is fine in all my tests.

Some modifications to OE internal "problems":
Code:
#(1566) Janissary decadence II
#by Fodoron
event = {
	id = 301106
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME301106" #Janissaries allowed to marry
	desc = "EVENTHIST301106"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = august year = 1566 }
	[COLOR=Yellow]offset = 90
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1566 }[/COLOR]

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME301106A" #No longer an elite corps
		command = { type = land value = -2500 }
		command = { type = naval value = -1000 }
		command = { type = domestic which = OFFENSIVE value = -1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = INNOVATIVE value = -1 }
	}
}
#-#The admittance of Muslims into the Janissary brought an unexpected problem as part of them were married. The restrictions to marry became more lax and finally the janissaries were able to extract from Selim II a general permission to all janissaries to marry. The janissaries, now with families to take care of, lost a great deal of warrior ardour. Their cost also raised greatly, as their adequate salary became insufficient to support a family. More problems followed as the janissaries insisted in their sons being admitted, and soon obtained it. The transformation from a military elite into a powerful and dangerous conservative guild was taking place and was accompanied by an increasing difficulty in obtaining victories at war.

Code:
#(1584-1650) Economical crisis
#by Fodoron
event = {
	id = 301107
	trigger = {
		OR = {
			AND = {
				owned = { province = 473 data = -1 } #Armenia
				owned = { province = 474 data = -1 } #Sivas
				owned = { province = 485 data = -1 } #Aleppo
				owned = { province = 486 data = -1 } #Nuyssaybin
				owned = { province = 490 data = -1 } #Syria
				owned = { province = 491 data = -1 } #Lebanon
				owned = { province = 495 data = -1 } #Jordan
			}
			AND = {
				countrysize = 25
				[COLOR=Yellow]event = 301105 #TUR: Timar crisis[/COLOR]
			}
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME301107" #Price revolution crisis
	desc = "EVENTHIST301107"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1584 }
	offset = 300
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1650 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME301107A" #Rats!
		command = { type = treasury value = -500 }
		command = { type = loansize which = 200 }
		command = { type = inflation value = 10 }
		command = { type = stability value = -3 }
		command = { type = losemanufactory which = -1 }
		command = { type = losemanufactory which = -1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = -2 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 120 value = 3 }
		command = { type = infra value = -5000 }
		command = { type = population which = 477 value = -5000 } #Anatolia
		command = { type = population which = 476 value = -2000 } #Angora
		command = { type = population which = 483 value = -2000 } #Adana
		command = { type = population which = 1610 value = -2000 } #Antalya
		command = { type = population which = 478 value = -2000 } #Smyrna
		command = { type = population which = 482 value = -2000 } #Konya
		command = { type = population which = 356 value = -2000 } #Bulgaria
		command = { type = population which = 359 value = -2000 } #Hellas
		command = { type = population which = 358 value = -2000 } #Macedonia
		command = { type = population which = 360 value = -2000 } #Morea
		command = { type = population which = 357 value = -5000 } #Thrace
		command = { type = population which = 484 value = -1000 } #Cyprus
	}
}
#-#In 1584, unable to meet the costs of the Persian wars and with a reduced tax base due to the timariot crisis, the Divan or High Council ordered a debasement of the coin. It was a huge mistake. The ratio of the akche to the ducat went soon from 60 to 200. Together with the overabundance of precious metals, the prices increased sharply, and the low wages ruined the people. Nobody understood the problem and the coinage debasements continued. In 70 years inflation rose 500 percent. Tax pressure increased to compensate for the loss of income. The ruined peasants abandoned the fields forming vagrant bands (levendat). Population decreased and instability rose, triggering multiple revolts. The damage was very profound since the crisis lasted almost a century.

Code:
#(1589) Janissary decadence III
#by Fodoron
event = {
	id = 301108
	trigger = {
		domestic = { type = innovative value = 1 }
		NOT = { domestic = { type = aristocracy value = 9 } }
		[COLOR=Yellow]event = 301107 #TUR: Price revolution crisis[/COLOR]
	}
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME301108" #The Janissary rebellion of 1589
	desc = "EVENTHIST301108"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = april year = 1589 }
	[COLOR=Yellow]offset = 90
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1589 }[/COLOR]

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME301108A" #The army refuses to fight unless paid in full in advance
		command = { type = land value = -1500 }
		command = { type = domestic which = QUALITY value = -1 }
		command = { type = revolt which = -2 }
	}
}
#-#The military was also affected by the economical crisis, and after the war with Persia the Janissary started to seize lands illegally. In 1589 the janissaries rebelled on claims that they were being robbed from their pay, because salary was given in debased coinage. Three years later the sipahi also mutinied because they were not given their full pay. In 1596, 30,000 sipahi refused to fight at Mezo-Keresztes in Hungary. Yet the janissaries forcefully resisted any attempt of reformation.

Code:
#(1595-1655) Agricultural crisis
#by Fodoron
event = {
	id = 301109
	[COLOR=Yellow]trigger = {
		event = 301107 #TUR: Price revolution crisis
	}[/COLOR]
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME301109" #Agricultural crisis and famine
	desc = "EVENTHIST301109"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = february year = 1595 }
	[COLOR=Yellow]offset = 720
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1655 }[/COLOR]

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME301109A" #Rats!
		command = { type = provincetax which = 477 value = -2 } #Anatolia
		command = { type = provincetax which = 478 value = -2 } #Smyrna
		command = { type = provincetax which = 356 value = -2 } #Bulgaria
		command = { type = provincetax which = 359 value = -2 } #Hellas
		command = { type = provincetax which = 358 value = -2 } #Macedonia
		command = { type = provincetax which = 360 value = -1 } #Morea
		command = { type = provincetax which = 484 value = -2 } #Cyprus
		command = { type = provincetax which = 479 value = -1 } #Ionia
		command = { type = provincetax which = 364 value = -2 } #Bosnia
		command = { type = provincetax which = 366 value = -2 } #Croatia
		command = { type = provincetax which = 363 value = -1 } #Kosovo
		command = { type = provincetax which = 321 value = -2 } #Rumelia
		command = { type = provincetax which = 355 value = -2 } #Serbia
		command = { type = provincetax which = -1 value = -2 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = -1 value = -1 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = -1 value = -2 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = -1 value = -1 }
	}
}
#-#The price revolution crisis soon led to deteriorating living conditions and peasant oppression. As the Ottoman taxation system was based on agriculture the preassure on country laborers became unbearable and was increased by widespread corruption. The conditions for Christian peasants were worse, and the Balkans impoverished. Marginal farmlands were abandoned to stocks, and a general decline of agriculture took place, especially commercial agriculture, causing widespread famine and population decline. In Anatolia and Smyrna wandering bands of landless peasants with military experience (levendat) became the ferment for the Celali revolts. The Ottoman Government went from having the highest income in Europe to being permanently strapped for cash.

Code:
#(1622) Janissary decadence IV
#by Fodoron
event = {
	id = 301110
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME301110" #The sultan dies at the hands of the Janissaries
	desc = "EVENTHIST301110"
	#-#

[COLOR=Yellow]date = { day = 18 month = may year = 1622 }[/COLOR]

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME301110A" #They are too powerful
		command = { type = land value = -1500 }
		command = { type = stability value = -2 }
		command = { type = domestic which = QUALITY value = -1 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME301110B" #Osman has escaped
		command = { type = domestic which = INNOVATIVE value = 1 }
		command = { type = losebuilding which = -1 value = barrack }
		command = { type = ADM which = -2 value = 120 }
		command = { type = MIL which = 1 value = 120 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 120 value = 5 }
		command = { type = stability value = -4 }
		command = { type = treasury value = -400 }
		command = { type = manpower value = -50 }
		command = { type = desertion which = -1 value = 5000 }
		command = { type = revolt which = -1 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 301111 } #TUR: Janissaries engage in trade
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 301112 } #TUR: Janissaries oppose reforms
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 301113 } #TUR: End of the devshirmeh
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 3383 } #TUR: Proposal for an Army Reform
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 3400 } #TUR: Proposal for an Army Reform
		command = { type = sleepmonarch which = 0139014 } #Mustafa I
		command = { type = sleepmonarch which = 0139015 } #Murad IV
		command = { type = wakeleader which = 0139341 } #Osman II (TUR)
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 0139016 } #Murad IV
	}
}
#-#Osman II started a campaign against his vassals of Moldavia and Wallachia, but was defeated by the Poles at Khotyn, Ukraine in 1621, when the janissaries broke and fled the battle. Realizing what was the problem he started to reform the Janissary. When he met strong opposition, he announced his pilgrimage to Mecca, with the secret intention of recruiting a new army in Egypt and Syria to break the Janissary. But he did not fool the janissaries and they revolted and strangled him. Osman was the first sultan to die at the hands of his janissaries, but would not be the last. In total four sultans were killed and four more lost their thrones due to the Janissary. The janissaries became more dangerous to their own country than to any other. Did Osman have a chance against the Janissary?

wiande said:
maybe OTT can have AI events to annex VEN 's islands, because they never get them in any AGCEEP release !!!

I have the complete opposite, VEN only has 1 island left between the years 1600 to 1650.

If we say they had 4 islands, corfu, crete, cyprus and ionia and historically they lost only 3 and took the OE 250 years to do it, then our game, makes VEN loose them too quickly.

i think they (VEN) need some help

I have seen venetian islands conquered in every war after 1450, but the "war options" where changed by pardox and hence VEN usually can/have to BUY their way to a peace.
I see this with every war with everyone, provinces are harder to get due to peace being paid.

On crete, VEN loose this island very often after 1600 in all my games.

My issue is that the OE never ask for Cyprus as booty. maybe its not a core (don't remember) or maybe its just to low in value.
If it is too low, then a topping up of the provinces value after VEN take it might encourage the OE to ask for it , before asking for corfu

wiande said:
you're quit lucky :)
did you make some changes with AI files ?
i guess AI events for OTT annexing islands in the historical years maybe cool for at least Corfu.

no changes to AI files.

are your using the latest version ..........1.52

VEN never ever lost Corfu, the french took it when Napoleon killed off the Venetian republic

Some enhancements to OE events for loss of influence in Maghreb and Egypt and other modifications:

Algiers:
Code:
#(1710-1730) The Algerian Rebellion
#by chegitz guevara
event = {
	id = 3897
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 737 data = -1 } #Al Djazair
		NOT = { exists = ALD }
	}
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME3897" #The Algerian Rebellion
	desc = "EVENTHIST3897"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1710 }
	offset = 300
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1730 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3897A" #Grant limited autonomy
		command = { type = remove_countryculture which = delaware }
		[COLOR=Yellow]command = { type = independence which = FEZ } #just in case
		command = { type = independence which = MOR } #just in case[/COLOR]
		command = { type = independence which = ALD }
		command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = -1 }
		command = { type = removecore which = 734 } #Orania
		[COLOR=Yellow]command = { type = removecore which = 735 } #Atlas
		command = { type = removecore which = 736 } #Aures[/COLOR]
		command = { type = removecore which = 737 } #Al Djazair
		command = { type = removecore which = 738 } #Kabylia
		[COLOR=Yellow]command = { type = trigger which = 301081 } #TUR: The regent of Algiers
		command = { type = trigger which = 105003 } #ALD: The regent of Algiers[/COLOR]
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3897B" #Crush the rebels!
		command = { type = removecore which = 734 } #Orania
		[COLOR=Yellow]command = { type = removecore which = 735 } #Atlas
		command = { type = removecore which = 736 } #Aures[/COLOR]
		command = { type = removecore which = 737 } #Al Djazair
		command = { type = removecore which = 738 } #Kabylia
		[COLOR=Yellow]command = { type = revoltrisk which = 36 value = 4 }
		command = { type = stability value = -2 }[/COLOR]
		command = { type = revolt which = 734 } #Orania
		[COLOR=Yellow]command = { type = revolt which = 735 } #Atlas
		command = { type = revolt which = 736 } #Aures[/COLOR]
		command = { type = revolt which = 737 } #Al Djazair
		command = { type = revolt which = 738 } #Kabylia
		[COLOR=Yellow]#Ahistorical
		command = { type = revolt which = 732 } #Tangiers
		command = { type = revolt which = 733 } #Fez
		command = { type = revolt which = 806 } #Toubkal
		command = { type = revolt which = 805 } #Sahara
		command = { type = revolt which = 1595 } #Anti Atlas[/COLOR]
		[COLOR=Red]command = { type = revoltrisk which = 36 value = 4 }
		command = { type = stability value = -2 }[/COLOR]
	}
}
#-#In the first decades of the 18th century the Beys and Deys (Janissary leaders) of Northern Africa were in a rebellious mood in the wake of the Peace of Carlowitz between the Ottoman Empire and the Holy League. In 1710, it was the turn of the Bey of Algiers to begin to start down the road to independence.

Morocco and Sus are involved just in case and in order for OE to not own any original Maghrebi province west to Algiers or face rebellion of whole North Africa, as stated in EVENTHIST3897.

New events:
Code:
#(1710-1730) The regent of Algiers
event = {
	id = 301081 #triggered by TUR_3897 A
	trigger = {
		OR = {
			owned = { province = 734 data = -1 } #Orania
			owned = { province = 735 data = -1 } #Atlas
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME301081" #The regent of Algiers
	desc = "EVENTHIST301081"
	#-#

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME301048A" #Grant them autonomy
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = ALD value = 734 } #Orania
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = ALD value = 735 } #Atlas
	}
}

#(1710-1730) The regent of Algiers
event = {
	id = 105003 #triggered by TUR_3897 A
	random = no
	country = ALD
	name = "EVENTNAME301081" #The regent of Algiers
	desc = "EVENTHIST301081"
	#-#

action_a = {
		name = "GREAT"
		command = { type = addcore which = 734 } #Orania
	}
}
EVENTNAME301081;The regent of Algiers;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHIST301081;The Dey persuaded the Sultan to recognize him and his successors as regent, replacing the Pasha in that role. Although Algiers remained a part of the Ottoman Empire, the Ottoman government ceased to have effective influence there.;;;;;;;;;;

According to ALD_105000 and because Orania is not in ALD entry of revolt.txt, new ALD eevent is needed.

Tripolitania:
Code:
#(1710-1720) [COLOR=Yellow]The new Tripolitanian Governor[/COLOR]
event = {
	id = 3392
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 740 data = -1 } #Tripolitania
		[COLOR=Red]owned = { province = 741 data = -1 }[/COLOR]
		NOT = { exists = TRI }
	}
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME3392" #[COLOR=Yellow]The new Tripolitanian Governor[/COLOR]
	desc = "EVENTHIST3392"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1710 }
	offset = 1000
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1720 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3392A" #Accept [COLOR=Yellow]Ahmad Karamanli as Governor[/COLOR]
		command = { type = removecore which = 740 } #Tripolitania
		command = { type = removecore which = 741 } #Cyrenaica
		command = { type = independence which = TRI }
		command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = -1 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 301048 } #TUR: The independence of Tripolitania
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3392B" #Crush [COLOR=Yellow]him[/COLOR]
		command = { type = removecore which = 740 } #Tripolitania
		command = { type = removecore which = 741 } #Cyrenaica
		command = { type = revolt which = 740 } #Tripolitania
		command = { type = revolt which = 740 } #Tripolitania
		command = { type = revolt which = 741 } #Cyrenaica
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 36 value = 4 }
	}
}
#-#In 1711, Ahmad Karamanli, a Turkish cavalry officer and Janissary Dey, killed the Ottoman governor of Tripolitania and prevailed upon the Sultan to name him Bey. The post of governor remained hereditary in the Karamanli family until 1835.

EVENTNAME3392;The new Tripolitanian Governor;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME3392A;Accept Ahmad Karamanli as Governor;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME3392B;Crush him;;;;;;;;;;

Code:
#(1710-1720) The independence of Tripolitania
event = {
	id = 301048 #triggered by TUR_3392 A
		owned = { province = 741 data = -1 } #Cyrenaica
	}[/COLOR]
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME301048" #The independence of Tripolitania
	desc = "EVENTHIST301048"
	#-#

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME301048A" #Grant them autonomy
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = TRI value = 741 } #Cyrenaica
	}
}
#-#While the Karamanlis formally answered to Istanbul, Tripolitania was in effect an autonomous state.

Egypt:
Code:
#(1768-1798) The Independence of Egypt
event = {
	id = 3398
	trigger = {
		[COLOR=Yellow]OR = {
			owned = { province = 742 data = -1 } #Quattara
			owned = { province = 743 data = -1 } #Cataract
			owned = { province = 744 data = -1 } #Alexandria
			owned = { province = 745 data = -1 } #Delta[/COLOR]
			owned = { province = 746 data = -1 } #Egypt
			[COLOR=Yellow]owned = { province = 747 data = -1 } #Nile
		}[/COLOR]
		NOT = {
			OR = {
				exists = MAM
				exists = EGY
			}
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME3398" #The Independence of the Mamluks in Egypt
	desc = "EVENTHIST3398"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1768 }
	offset = 720
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1798 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3398A" #Accept a free Egypt
		command = { type = removecore which = 742 } #Quattara
		command = { type = removecore which = 743 } #Cataract
		command = { type = removecore which = 744 } #Alexandria
		command = { type = removecore which = 745 } #Delta
		command = { type = removecore which = 746 } #Egypt
		command = { type = removecore which = 747 } #Nile
		[COLOR=Yellow]command = { type = removecore which = 748 } #Batn al Hajar[/COLOR]
		command = { type = removecore which = 749 } #Nubia
		command = { type = independence which = EGY }
		command = { type = trigger which = 301047 } #TUR: Loss of claims in Egypt
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3398B" #Crush the rebels!
		command = { type = removecore which = 742 } #Quattara
		command = { type = removecore which = 743 } #Cataract
		command = { type = removecore which = 744 } #Alexandria
		command = { type = removecore which = 745 } #Delta
		command = { type = removecore which = 746 } #Egypt
		command = { type = removecore which = 747 } #Nile
		[COLOR=Yellow]command = { type = removecore which = 748 } #Batn al Hajar[/COLOR]
		command = { type = removecore which = 749 } #Nubia
		command = { type = revolt which = 743 } #Cataract
		command = { type = revolt which = 743 } #Cataract
		command = { type = revolt which = 744 } #Alexandria
		command = { type = revolt which = 744 } #Alexandria
		command = { type = revolt which = 745 } #Delta
		command = { type = revolt which = 746 } #Egypt
		command = { type = revolt which = 746 } #Egypt
		command = { type = revolt which = 747 } #Nile
	}
}
#-#Since the Ottoman conquest of 1517-1518, the Mamluks of Egypt had lost official independence, but managed to retain most of the levels of power, although nominally under command from a pasha nominated by the Sultan in Constantinople. In the late 18th century, the influence of the Turkish Pasha was insignificant and the Mamluk Beys behaved nearly as the rulers of an independent nation, paying tribute and taxes whenever they wanted and limiting their duties as Turkish vassals to the minimum.

Code:
#(1768-1798) Loss of claims in Egypt
event = {
	id = 301047 #triggered by TUR_3398 A
	trigger = {
		OR = {
			[COLOR=Red]owned = { province = 742 data = -1 } #Quattara
			owned = { province = 743 data = -1 } #Cataract
			owned = { province = 747 data = -1 } #Nile[/COLOR]
			owned = { province = 494 data = -1 } #Sinai
			[COLOR=Yellow]#not in EGY revolt.txt
			owned = { province = 748 data = -1 } #Batn al Hajar
			owned = { province = 749 data = -1 } #Nubia
			owned = { province = 750 data = -1 } #Sudan
			owned = { province = 751 data = -1 } #Bisharin[/COLOR]
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME301047" #Loss of claims in Egypt
	desc = "EVENTHIST301047"
	#-#

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME301047A" #Grant them their lands[COLOR=Yellow]... and more![/COLOR]
		[COLOR=Red]command = { type = secedeprovince which = EGY value = 742 } #Quattara
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = EGY value = 743 } #Cataract
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = EGY value = 747 } #Nile[/COLOR]
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = EGY value = 494 } #Sinai
		[COLOR=Yellow]#not in EGY revolt.txt
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = EGY value = 748 } #Batn al Hajar
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = EGY value = 749 } #Nubia
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = EGY value = 750 } #Sudan
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = EGY value = 751 } #Bisharin[/COLOR]
	}
}
#-#Under Mehmet Ali (who became viceroy in 1805 after French evacuation, and until his death in 1849), the factual independence became official at last.

ACTIONNAME301047A;Grant them their lands... and more!;;;;;;;;;;

This goes with modification to revolt.txt as discussed in Egypt thread:
Code:
EGY = { #Egypt
	date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1768 }
	expirydate = { year = 1820 }
	minimum = { [COLOR=Yellow]742 743[/COLOR] 744 745 746 [COLOR=Yellow]747[/COLOR] }
	extra = { 741 [COLOR=Red]742 743 747[/COLOR] 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 }
	capital = 746
	group = muslim
	ai = "SmallTrade1.ai"
}
Code:
MAM = { #Mamluks
	date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1419 }
	expirydate = { [COLOR=Yellow]day = 29 month = december year = 1767[/COLOR] }
	minimum = { 746 [COLOR=Red]745 744[/COLOR] }
	extra = { 494 742 743 [COLOR=Yellow]744 745[/COLOR] 747 }
	capital = 746
	group = muslim
	culture = patagonian
	ai = "MAM_1419_Default.ai"
}

Other modifications:
Code:
#(1699) The Shuf Mountain Rebellion
event = {
	id = 3378
[COLOR=Yellow]	trigger = {
		OR = {
			owned = { province = 490 data = -1 } #Syria
			owned = { province = 491 data = -1 } #Lebanon
			owned = { province = 485 data = -1 } #Aleppo
		}
	}[/COLOR]
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME3378" #The Shuf Mountain Rebellion
	desc = "EVENTHIST3378"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1699 }
	offset = 360
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1699 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3378A" #Smash the rebellion by force
		command = { type = revolt which = 490 } #Syria
		command = { type = revolt which = 491 } #Lebanon
		command = { type = revolt which = 485 } #Aleppo
		command = { type = MIL which = 3 value = 12 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3378B" #Negotiate with the rebels
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
		command = { type = treasury value = -50 }
		command = { type = DIP which = 3 value = 12 }
	}
}
#-#The Drusians of Lebanon and the Ottoman governor of Syria rose up against Ottoman rule in 1699. Yet again, the provincial system had produced a serious rebellion.

Code:
#(1770) The Horrible Plague in Anatolia
event = {
	id = 3396
		OR = {
			owned = { province = 477 data = -1 } #Anatolia
			owned = { province = 476 data = -1 } #Angora
		}
	}[/COLOR]
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME3396" #The Horrible Plague in Anatolia
	desc = "EVENTHIST3396"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1770 }
	offset = 360
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1770 }

action_a = {
		name = "[COLOR=Yellow]OH_NO[/COLOR]"
		command = { type = population which = 477 value = -7000 } #Anatolia
		command = { type = population which = 476 value = -2000 } #Angora
	}
}
#-#During the 18th and early 19th centuries, Anatolia was afflicted with intermittent outbreaks of cholera and the bubonic plague.

Code:
#(1718) Lale Devri (The Tulip Age)
event = {
	id = 3393
	trigger = { monarch = 0139022 } #Ahmed III
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME3393" #Lale Devri - The Tulip Era
	desc = "EVENTHIST3393"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = april year = 1718 }
	[COLOR=Yellow]offset = 180
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1718 }[/COLOR]

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3393A" #Begin westernization process
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 36 value = 5 }
		command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = 1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = -1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = INNOVATIVE value = 2 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = -1 value = 3 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = -1 value = 3 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = -1 value = 2 }
		command = { type = gainmanufactory which = -1 value = goods }
		command = { type = relation which = ENG value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation which = FRA value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation which = SPA value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation which = POR value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation which = POL value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation which = HAB value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation which = PER value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = ALD value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = MOR value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = TRI value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = TUN value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = OMA value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = ADE value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = ARA value = -50 }
		command = { type = DIP which = 3 value = 145 }
		command = { type = ADM which = 4 value = 145 }
		command = { type = MIL which = 2 value = 145 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3393B" #Initiate moderate reforms
		command = { type = domestic which = INNOVATIVE value = 1 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = -1 value = 1 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 12 value = 4 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 3397 } #TUR: The End of Lale Devri
	}
	action_c = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3393C" #Islam is the Law!
		command = { type = stability value = 3 }
		command = { type = INF which = -2 value = 10000 }
		command = { type = CAV which = -2 value = 10000 }
		command = { type = domestic which = INNOVATIVE value = -2 }
		command = { type = relation which = ENG value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = FRA value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = SPA value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = POR value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = POL value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = HAB value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = PER value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation which = ALD value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation which = MOR value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation which = TRI value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation which = TUN value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation which = OMA value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation which = ADE value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation which = ARA value = 50 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 3397 } #TUR: The End of Lale Devri
	}
}
#-#Under the rule of Sultan Ahmed III and Sadrazam Damat Ibrahim Pasha, the Ottoman Empire entered a period of unprecedented westernization. The printing press, previously outlawed by the Sheikh-ul-Islams, is introduced to the nation's capital. Ambassadors were sent to Western European nations for the first time in history. Modern textile, paper and porcelain manufactories were built. Despite these improvements, much of the treasury was also wasted on new palaces, gardens and parks in Istanbul. The lavish lifestyle of the royal family and the court aristocracy was intensely resented by the public and religious authorities.

New event:
If conditions are not fullfilled in events of Tunisia - Episode Three sequence (1570-1590), Tunisia will never be a Turkish core. Fix:
Code:
#(1590) Claim on Tunisia
event = {
	id = 301082
	trigger = {
		NOT = {
			core = { province = 739 data = -1 } #Tunisia
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME301082" #Claim on Tunisia
	desc = "EVENTHIST301082"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = june year = 1590 }
	offset = 45
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1590 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME301082A" #Tunisia is ours!
		command = { type = addcore which = 739 } #Tunisia
	}
}
EVENTNAME301082;Claim on Tunisia;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHIST301082;Tunisia is the key to establish control over North Africa.;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME301082A;Tunisia is ours!;;;;;;;;;;

Last edited:
According to discussion with Bordic in last page of Egypt Thread (especially post #110), it appears 746 is mandatory for event TUR_3398 (see my post above too).

If it wasn't the case, we would have an OR condition in the trigger with the three involved provinces. We can amend this way too. It is only a matter of coherence.

OTOH, if we choose 746 as minimum only, I just figured out commands for seceding 744 and 745 are missing in TUR_301047.

EDIT: I capitalized first letter of Dey, Sultan and Pasha in EVENTHIST301081.

No other comment (especially about Algerian Rebellion)?