- Jan 25, 2015
Was wondering if there could be a few more events added, mainly mine would be for grain and fish. Going to build up all those that I like from suggestions. Bold have been added.
Any other suggestions?
- Fish, as whaling is missed out on EU4 think a few mentions of it should be added. It was huge industry by the end of the games time period so 2 events that change it would be firstly linked to Dip tech unlocking a new ship type as the bigger ships allowed hunting of bigger whales. Second would be colonisation of the Falklands/South Georgia. If not a new good then at least an event for fish.
- would be the discovery of the potato, it deserves a mention! along with corn and tomatoes making their way around & in to Europe, would be a nice modifier for grain, only say 5 or 10 %. Also should improve the price of livestock as the early crops were used as cheap feed for them so would lower the production cost.
- Rum, rise the price of sugar if you own colonies in NA and the Carib. Could also later add spiced rum event to raise the price of spices (I do not have an alcohol obsession! )
- Coppers price should rise with the unlocking of copper bottom tech.
- Brandy with a few extra events. Trigger around 1540 if a Dutch nation has a merchant in Bordeaux, "brandy export, Dutch merchants started distilling wine which allowed it to travel better and ment more could be shipped!" Think it should only be a small boost to wine say +10%.
- Canning - trigger around 1810 so might be a bit late, raise in price for glass and livestock. A French inventor cooked food in sealed glass jars which made them keep till opened. France gave him an award but wasn't till after the Napoleonic wars that it became wide spread. Due to no garantee of that war could be a late trigger.
- Selective breeding - should trigger after 1760, with the scientific approach Robert Bakewell was able to greatly improve on sheep, horses and cattle. So ingame should give a price rise to wool and livestock.
- Paper should get a price jump with printing press. Also from Protestant nations forming, as they often put the Bibble in their common language rather than Latin more people could read or/and by the Enlightenment age happening as that saw the number of books being published rise and the rate of literate people increase.
- An event for Prussia that triggers around 1710 - build the Amber Room. Should cost a lot of money and then give a prestiege bonus and maybe dip-rep (they did gift it to Russia to make an alliance) as such it should give say a 10% price rise to gems for 10 years.
- Increase value of Naval supplies when Global Trade spawns, this would be to represent the increased demand in materials to build and run all the trade ships that were needed for the global trade.
- Wool, when standard uniforms is triggered should give a boost to wools value.
Any other suggestions?