• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will all of the default empires have distinct origins?

Do you have any origins planned that you didn't get to implement but want to add in the future?

Are any other origins tied to species packs? Can plantoids choose tree of life?

How well will the ai handle origins? If a void dweller or shattered ring ai is created will it colonize?

Will origins affect the likelihood of precursor event chains?

Any chance you'll unlock the Void Dwellers origin for gestalts? Because I really wanted to play Void Dweller Terravores.

Any thoughts about having some of the other non-removable traits (i.e. the genocidals, Driven Assimilator, Rouge Servitor) be moved from civics to origins? They kind of *are* origin-esque backstories.

Origins - Scion

How does the scion-progenitor FE relationship practically affect gameplay? Does the player start as a vassal, unable to expand until independence is gained by force?

How much story content will there be from the scion origin? (What is density of unique quests/events?) Will unique quests/events stop early or will they continue relatively far into a game?

How is the scion’s relationship with their and other FE(s) unique? Do they give bonuses/boosts? May the player make requests of their progenitor that others may not? Will the FE provide aid to their scion that they won’t to other empires? Will non-progenitor FEs treat scions differently?

How will the scion origin affect participation in federations and/or the galactic community?

If, in a multiplayer game, 6 players choose the scion origin, will there be 6 FEs? Or will FEs have multiple scions? Or will there be a limit on the number of scion empires allowed in a game?

How will the scion origin affect relations with other empires?

Is scion a status that can be maintained or lost? If so, what kinds of events or actions could bring such about? What would be the benefits/detriments of maintaining or losing scion status, if such a status can be lost?

Practically speaking (from a gameplay perspective) what are the pros and cons of the scion origin?

How will standard diplomacy between FE and scion be different from normal?

On a scale of 1 to 10 rate the epicness of "On shoulders of Giant"

Could you go on a Berzerk stance and start spawning more origin? don't get me wrong those we have are good, but I did expect having more of those. there is even a dedicated forum post with so many ideas.

how are pops gonna be split on habitats, and could we have some image of the Habitats layout?

Can you make the whole Origin system more flexible please? there are many unnessecary restrictions overall, if your concern is "balance" please know it would be easy to ban Origin in mp. (
Why limit "Tree of life" to Hivemind only?
Why limit Lifeseeded to non-Machine?
Why limit habitat to Non-Gestalt?)

1. If you have two custom empires, both with the same species and one with the "Lost Colony" origin, would the system recognize it like with the UNE and CoM?

2. Will you add a militaristic version of the "Prosperous Unification" origin, like a "World Conquest"? There is even a preset empire, the Tzynn Empire, which would need it.

Hi! My question is:
What will happened with the pre-made empires? Will have another civics to substitute those that become origins? What will happened with the Xanid Suzerainty for example?

Prosperous Unification: 4 extra pops will usually mean an extra building slot available. Will this be open or will it be pre-filled?

Common Ground and Hegemon: Are you moving the form federation tradition to the opener effect or are you actually getting two traditions for free to start?

Doomsday: It might be a good idea to categorize some of the other origins as "easy" or "challenging" like you have done for this. Would help new players get a sense of things.

A general question: Many of these origins involve events or event chains. Without giving away details, how is the replayability of these elements? Once I have, for example, played On the Shoulders of Giants, can I play again with different civics or ethics to get different outcomes? Do some event chains have meaningful decision points built-in?

Will the Doomsday origin prevent you resetteling your pops away from the home-world, to prevent you just cheesing it 2 days before activation?
I certainly hope not, what sensible empire would leave all their people to die in a catastrophe they had known was coming for ~50 years?

Will Origins that came from civics still have the same restrictions on civics or will there be a little bit more freedom?

For Origins like Void Dwellers and Shattered Ring will civics like Agrian Idyll still give more housing or will the civic be restricted from these Origins?

1. Will the more "generic" origins be more common than others, so the galaxy won't be full of post-apocalyptics or void dwellers?
2. Will the origin be in any way reflected by diplomatic messages? For example, will the post-apocalyptic species warn us about powerful weapons?

Hi,

You have said that in the Shattered Ring origin that one of the ringworld sections will be permenantly destroyed. Would you consider changing this? Maybe make the last section of the ringworld only repairable with the Galactic Wonders perk.

Why is syncretic evolution limited to non gestalts? Having specifically tailored drones for different tasks is a regular sci-fi trope I would like to be able to use for hives and machines.

Will Megacorps start in a trade league if they pick the federation origin?