• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Riekopo

Field Marshal
38 Badges
Apr 24, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • King Arthur II
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
Maybe I just haven't seen it yet, but the Oracle of Delphi also known as the Pythia doesn't really seem to be in the game. Oracles were a pretty damn big deal in ancient Greece. Though I think they may have fallen out of favor around the game's timeframe. The Greeks also thought Delphi was the center of the world and marked it with a marble monument.

I think more Temples need to be added across Greece in general. And some of these Temples should have Oracles. Mystery Cults should also be added.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
Delphi has a Heritage reflecting this, and there are occasional event for Hellenic countries referencing the Oracle.
Perhaps a special interaction could be added? Any Hellenic country could ask the Oracle for a prediction and the owner of Delphi would choose the answer for them.
Center of the world could become a modifier.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Yeah, you're right that the Oracle at Delphi was quite important (and still important at game start - Alexander's father placed a lot of stock in his connection to the shrine and its festivals as evidence of him being formally part of the Greek world). There are some events that revolve around the Oracle, but they come across as very much one of many events of the "good event / pay for better event" or the "bad event / pay for lesser impact" type, rather than something really interesting. I like the holy site mechanic, but often feel it's something I don't engage with as much as I should.

I feel like players should be encouraged to spin off conquered holy sites as some sort of specialty feudatory, perhaps giving the usual benefits but also +1% to happiness for that faith. That would really encourage players to adopt foreign (and even your own) gods into the pantheon, develop their holy sites, and then release them. It would really demonstrate how smart rulers would invest in other faiths and grant them special privileges to ensure their loyalty.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Delphi has a Heritage reflecting this, and there are occasional event for Hellenic countries referencing the Oracle.
Perhaps a special interaction could be added? Any Hellenic country could ask the Oracle for a prediction and the owner of Delphi would choose the answer for them.
Center of the world could become a modifier.

Except that Delphi is easily and quickly wiped out and then you can't really bring them back. If you start a war to try to liberate them you can only liberate 1 out of 3 city-states in that area. Either Amphissa, Delphi, or Elatea. And when you release one of them it will take the whole province in the area with them. The release nation function is goofy. It seems like you can only release nations at a province level. Even if that nation didn't have the whole province lol.

Reactions: