Open Beta Patch 1.11.5 (Steam Only) Mk3 - Checksum 8d69

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Reactions:
But since French, British, Russian and American ones are not doing anything disruptive either, because ai spies never do, what does it really matter?
More spies there are, harder to catch ones that should be there. Plus it is unnerving seeing a magenta shield with the caption " critical."

I would say the spies in America is completely historical.

Reactions:
Yes. German and Soviet. I am talking about spies from South American minors i. Germany. In 38.
Stepping outside history and the game, I know if I lead a nation in the 1930's South America, I would aim some attention on the "German Economic Miracle" everyone was talking about. Who else was there? America was in a Great Depression, Russia had major industrial gains, but that famine killed tens of millions, France was just being France, the UK was losing its empire,. Japan could be a target, but spying on an Asian country would probably be more difficult than spying on a Western country.

I mean, really, spy on Brazil? Sure, I would do that, but if I want to grow my country's economy, German is a juicy target.

• 1Like
Reactions:
A gameplay question not a bug, playing in beta but is present before beta anyway. Playing as Germany doing around the Marigot by attacking the Dutch then the Belgians before head straight into heartlands of France. However when attacking the Belgians I always stuck at Brussel for some reason, the attack bubble is green and reaching 80 to 90 and the defender 3-5 division is losing organization then retreat one by one until 1 division left in the province with low organization.

Somehow the retreating divisions recovering half organization within a day then came back to Brussel and turning my attack bubble from 98 to 70 which drain my divisions organization until they stopped. Then the French reinforcement came in making the attack even harder.

Stepping outside history and the game, I know if I lead a nation in the 1930's South America, I would aim some attention on the "German Economic Miracle" everyone was talking about. Who else was there? America was in a Great Depression, Russia had major industrial gains, but that famine killed tens of millions, France was just being France, the UK was losing its empire,. Japan could be a target, but spying on an Asian country would probably be more difficult than spying on a Western country.

I mean, really, spy on Brazil? Sure, I would do that, but if I want to grow my country's economy, German is a juicy target.
I'll pick a nit that Britain was not really 'losing its empire' in the 1930s - if anything, the Empire was at its height, then, despite the stress caused by incipient racism it seemed unable/unwilling to shake off. The loss of empire came in the 1940s, '50s and '60s as a result of the strains of the war and the alliance with a rising USA.

Reactions:
Is there any way we can get an update to the AI? It's been like this since the game launched. But if you lend-lease something to an AI. Then the AI will not use them unless they are commonly used things like guns and equipment.

I did an America playthrough and sent probably thousands of Super-Heavies to China for their war against Japan. I also sent thousands of planes to China as well. But I was baffled that when I checked back a year later, China was close to capitulation. I got annoyed as to why. Thinking maybe my stuff just wasn't good. I switched over to China and realized that no, it's not cause I made a crappy tank. It's just that China has been stockpiling the Super-heavy tanks and planes the entire time. They had around 2k tanks unused and around 6-7k planes.

I think this sucks a lot. I love the idea of doing a Lend-Lease only America. But it's almost impossible to do with the AI just cause they will not use any of the stuff you send. They don't make divisions for them, and If I remember. Even if you make a template for them they won't use it.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Is there any way we can get an update to the AI? It's been like this since the game launched. But if you lend-lease something to an AI. Then the AI will not use them unless they are commonly used things like guns and equipment.

I did an America playthrough and sent probably thousands of Super-Heavies to China for their war against Japan. I also sent thousands of planes to China as well. But I was baffled that when I checked back a year later, China was close to capitulation. I got annoyed as to why. Thinking maybe my stuff just wasn't good. I switched over to China and realized that no, it's not cause I made a crappy tank. It's just that China has been stockpiling the Super-heavy tanks and planes the entire time. They had around 2k tanks unused and around 6-7k planes.

I think this sucks a lot. I love the idea of doing a Lend-Lease only America. But it's almost impossible to do with the AI just cause they will not use any of the stuff you send. They don't make divisions for them, and If I remember. Even if you make a template for them they won't use it.
I always wondered about this subject. So they do not use Planes if you give them? If this is true, the game should not allow you to provide them.., Thanks for bringing this up.

• 1Like
Reactions:
China doesn't have much airfield space so maybe that's why? I think at game start there's room for a couple thousand planes in the entire country, maximum.

IIRC, AI nations have more-or-less defined templates, and will not build others. (Only variants of those defined.) So China will use light tanks and motorized, but not heavy or superheavy.

Regarding planes, airfield capacity is a problem, but also fuel: China has essentially no oil and no useful way to buy any (since their trade convoys are effectively unguarded against Japan). Lend-lease them half the planes you did and make up the difference in fuel; that usually gets results when I do it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello there!

A new update for the beta should be downloading soon. New checksum is 8d69.
Like the previous one, it's smoking hot code but we did just spend 2 hours in a large MP game without noticing anything major :cool:
Here's the changelog:

##################################
# Balance

- Smooth talking charmer now reduces maintenance cost for improving relations.
- Backroom Backstabber no longer grants political power factor, and instead grants subverseive activities cost; drift defence factor buffed to 0.25
- Compassionate Gentlemen now reduce resistance damage to garrisons in addition to monthly opinion gain
- Ideological Crusader now grants party popularity stability modifier in addition to old effects
- Armaments Organizer now increases supply hub construction -speed- by 10%
- Balance changes for armor and varient units
- Moved High velocity 2 to antitank_4 tech
- Increase mot equipments to 36 for mot AT
- Halved motorised breakthrough and Hardness
- Reduced AT gun piercing
- Added missing tungsten cost to mot rocket arty
- Total rebalance of tanks
- Tank weapons now based on turret weight class

# Stability & Performance

- Significantly improved game startup time

# Graphics

- Fixed naval fort model luminance problem

# AI

- AI naval engineers will now follow orders and keep building what they were told to, even if they really disagree on what the navy of the future should look like

# UI

- Hold units command now applies to all selected units when mixed armies are selected
- Supply bottleneck tooltip should now include undersized ports

# Modding

- Game will now try to reconcile provinces declared as coastal without bordering a seazone (and vice versa). Check your error log!
- Invalid buildings (like naval bases in landlocked provinces) in history setup will now be ignored and reported in error log.
- Modifiers declared in advisor character entries should now properly apply and persist between saves
- Made set_character_name also work for unit leaders

# Database

- Brazil should no longer have access to non-NSB tanks with NSB active

# Bugfix

- Characters no longer get traits for other classes of characters from national spirits
- Supply Network (and tooltips) now correctly factor in building damage when considering throughput
- Issuing a move command to a province the unit is already fighting in no longer resets combat
- Non-NSB tanks once again have their correct reliability (80%) across the board
- Fix rail construction partial progress not getting saved correctly
- The Turkish investment decisions should now actually work
- Fix British designers focus for baltics not giving correct air bonuses
- Fix crash in any_navy_leader, all_navy_leader, any_army_leader, all_army_leader when there is no general/field marshal or no admiral in a country
- Stalinist mission Behead the Snake should now properly kill Trotsky when the player is going opposition.
- Changed the Polish Focus 'Request Autonomous Status' so it can be bypassed if Poland is more than autonomous than a reichsprotectorate or integrated puppet.
- Fix so that Franco can use Nationalist Infantry Division names in 39
- Fix upgrade costs not being calculated consistently
- Fixed issue where event for Poland dismissing Lithuania's claim to its throne is sent to the wrong country.
- Fixed issue where Poland's Ignacy Moscicki would have the legacy portrait instead of using the new one from NSB.
- Rocket interceptors pilots don't consider themselves too cool for school anymore
- Toggling naval region access settings should no longer make captains panic when they reach a blocked zone and get stuck in place
- Rumors of TODOs in Soviet Stalinist missions flavor texts turned out to be counter-revolutionary propaganda. There never was any TODOs.

• 18Like
  • 5Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Following the main patch notes here is a comprehensive and detailed set of changes made for balance as outlined in the change list above

Rocket launcher now forbids tank role
Moved tank_high_velocity_cannon_2 to antitank_4 tech from antitank_3
Turrets now determine which size of weapon is valid

Unithardnessbreakthroughmot equipment
Motorised0.2>0.110>5
Motorised AT35>36

TechPiecingChromiumTungsten
AT 185>601
AT 2100>901
AT 31
Mot rocket2

UnitSAHADefenceBreakthroughChassis per Bn
Lt flame tanks-0.75-0.75-0.75-0.75
M flame tanks-0.7-0.7-0.7-0.7
Hvy flame tanks-0.625-0.625-0.625-0.625
Heavy armor0.15
Light armor0.15
Medium Armor0.15
Modern0.15
S Hvy Armor0.15
Lt SPAA-0.5536
M SPAA-0.5336
Hvy SPAA-0.3536
SHvy SPAA-0.3536
Modern SPAA-0.5336
Lt SPG-0.4250
M SPG-0.2550
Hvy SPG-0.2540
SHvy SPG-0.2540
Modern SPG-0.2550
Lt TD-0.4250
M TD-0.2550
Hvy TD-0.2540
SHvy TD-0.2540
Modern TD-0.2550

moduleIC costadditive speed
armor upgrade0.25>0.2
gasoline engine3>11>0.5
diesel engine3>1
petrol electric4>2
gas turbine4>32>0.5
armour value
Rivetted armor-0.2>0-0,2>0
torsion bar3>1
Christie3>1
bogie2>0
interleaved3>1
wheel1>0
half track1.5>0.5

ModuleIC CostSAHABreakthroughResourceXP
auto cannon2.5>1.5
auto cannon 23>2
AA cannon3>2
AA cannons 24>3T1:S2
AA cannon 35>4T1:S3
small cannon3>1.5
small cannon 24>3
close support gun5>4S1
medium cannon4>3T1:S1
medium cannon 25>4T1:C1:S2
medium howitzer6>428>35-2T1:S2
medium howitzer 27.5>5.535>45-2T1:C1:S3
Rocket launcher3>4-4T2:S1
Rocket launcher 24>5-4T2:S1
High velocity4>325>26T2:S2
High velocity 26>5T2:C1:S2
high velocity 38>7T2:C1:S3
heavy cannon7>6T1:C1:S2
heavy cannon 28>7T2:C1:S2
heavy cannon 311>8T3:C1:S3
heavy howitzer8>750>55-4T1:C1:S3
Radio 11>0.5*0.25>*0.15
Radio 22>1.5*0.45>*0.30
Radio 33>2.5*0.65>*0.45
armor skirts1.5>0.5
sloped armor*0.1>*0.011>10
2nd turret cannon5.5>2
2nd turret HMG2.5>1

Asterisk define multiplicative values when the rest of a column is additive

• 5Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
- Smooth talking charmer now reduces maintenance cost for improving relations.
Unfortunately even if that maintenance cost would be zero (with 10 pp starting price) I don't think it would be worth it to pay 150 pp for such advisor AND paying an opportunity cost of not picking another advisor
- Backroom Backstabber no longer grants political power factor, and instead grants subverseive activities cost; drift defence factor buffed to 0.25
Now that might be something useful for using a lot of collabs, going to check it next time

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 6Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Unfortunately even if that maintenance cost would be zero (with 10 pp starting price) I don't think it would be worth it to pay 150 pp for such advisor AND paying an opportunity cost of not picking another advisor

Now that might be something useful for using a lot of collabs, going to check it next time
I agree, the only nation that could use such an advisor would be China ( for the aid foci to the US et al) and it's not worth the PP cost.

Maybe if it came with an improved decay modifier but it's still not a meaningful choice.

Reactions:

Send them planes fuel artillery support and trucks and they will use those.