Open Beta Patch 1.11.4 (Steam Only) (Updated Mk4) - Checksum b22c

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is the "Trotskyite plot?" working as intended on the Stalinist route?

Pre-NSB:
Before Purge: Trotskyite Plot? -> Big Penalty
After Purge: Trotskyite Plot Purged? -> Small Penalty
After Purge and Fourth Internationale (the event): No Penalty

NSB:
After Purge: Trotskyite Plot? -> Big Penalty
After Purge and Trotsky's Assasination: Trotskyite Plot Purged? -> Small Penalty
At no point do you get to remove it. At least change the name to reflect the fact that Trotsky is dead.

• 2Like
Reactions:
1. Even when Petain is the leader, I can't still do the Vichy France focus tree.
2. diff_normal_player.
3. Gun and weapon production are below naval production as the USSR in 1939 scenario
4. Poland national spirits and focuses on 1939 countries menu scenario is from the old one
5. the UK and the United States AIs don't use tank until late game
6. War propaganda locks permanently if the war ends before the war propaganda finishes
@MatRopert

Last edited:
1638704174834.png
1638704185028.png

The advisor's names on these tabs are still not fixed.
1638704265663.png

Even here!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Supply abuse:

ITA in axis, GER have tanks in afrika(ITA and GER in war vs ENG). GER close all navy trade road in mediterranean sea and take supply from ITA hub. No way to raid GER supply road.:cool:
1d31a861aa30a40d9aa40b4d39bbcba9.png

9876964b21a1ffc92504eda0617a1137.png

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Hi Dev Team,

First of all, thanks for the new input. Good work. Tank balancing changes looks interesting, but takes a while to get into.

Meanwhile:
1. After establish Vichy France: Pétain now gain control over Vichy, as it should be. Name and picture seems correct, but Vichy France is still unable to select the first national focus. Tooltip declares that the game check deliver: Pétain is NOT in charge of Vichy. Tried is several times.

2. Turkish Investments as Germany (maybe all nations that are invited to invest in Turkey): After the nation is invited, there is a decision to invest for 25 pp in the Turkish infrastructure. When you do this, the nation that invests in Turkey, gets a national focus with negative modifiers (consumer goods +5% and delaying construction speed +10%) that should run as long as the decision specifies, 60 days. After that time period Turkey gets some buildings and the national focus should disappear, according to the tooltip, but it does not. The national focus stays forever, have no time limit and after a couple of month Turkey also asks again for some "investments".

3. German Focus Tree: Integrate War Economies
To activate this focus, Germany has to be in a faction with Hungary and Romania, or they have to be a subject of Germany. If Germany subject them before via war, Hungary or Romania get the autonomy status "Reichskommisariat", the last step before you can integrate them completely. If Germany run this focus, the autonomy status is always set to "Puppet", one step before they are able to break free. That makes no sense and already weaken the control over them (the focus declare that it should increase it ^^). So there should be a check up: "If there is no autonomy status, set the DLC-specific autonomy status, as usual. But if there is a autonomy status already, keep this status."

4. Railway lines:
I think you are aware of the problem that there are many existing crossings or triangles on the map, that led to non-upgradable parts of railway lines, because there are no railway level bubbles, so the player is not able to upgrade it via mouse click. The good thing is, that if you draw the line again, the system recognize the already existing level and is therefore already able to upgrade this part - manually, but it works. But I think you should communicate this work-around, if you are not able to fix this issue in the next patches. Will there also be a method to deconstruct or better to simply abolish railway lines, so that they disappear? First of all, that would increase the clarity of the logistics map and for me, the base lines are logistic nightmare, and it would be interesting to fix it.

Good luck

(Air Innovations II focus of Germany is not fixed :p)

Edit: The Soviet Union is still able to demand Bessarabia from Romania via focus and event, even if Romania is subject of another nation. Romania give up, but should not decide this topic I assume. So I don't think that is intended.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
When getting the German-Soviet treaty, for Germany it says I should receive new tank variants. But I don't see them in my production options, is it a bug?
Or only the USSR receives the tanks?

To get the variants, you have to research the basic medium chassis BEFORE the soviets accept the treaty (not the end of the focus exactly). The reason is, that the variants the focus creates are based on the "basic variant" and for the basic variant you have to research the basic chassis. In my tests you don't get the variants afterwards, if you research the basic chassis AFTER the treaty is accepted. Not sure if this is intended, but this is the actual way it works.

• 2Like
Reactions:
To get the variants, you have to research the basic medium chassis BEFORE the soviets accept the treaty (not the end of the focus exactly). The reason is, that the variants the focus creates are based on the "basic variant" and for the basic variant you have to research the basic chassis. In my tests you don't get the variants afterwards, if you research the basic chassis AFTER the treaty is accepted. Not sure if this is intended, but this is the actual way it works.
This was my experience too, first time I didn't get what I was expecting. Second time I got smart and read the wording, voila designs granted.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey so the raid on Trotsky in mexico actually worked, but the subtle assasination backup plan is still going on. It's amusing, but I'd like that operative back!
I can also confirm this. You also get a duplicate "news" message from the additional assassination as well once it completes. :)

Would it be possible to have a mechanism to make the subtle assassination operation stop if your villa raid succeeds? Or perhaps only allow us to initiate one of the two at a time? It's definitely silly to kill him twice in a row and with some of my friends it's led to jokes about body doubles.

Btw, what's the point of the subtle assassination anyway? Does it give bigger rewards? Much bigger chance of success? If my first raid fails, the second one usually gets him anyway and it's still faster than subtle

no QA before realease ? :>
There is 100% QA happening before release. That's why it's an open beta and not live yet, and why I can't give you a final release date yet ;)

• 10Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Is the "Trotskyite plot?" working as intended on the Stalinist route?

Pre-NSB:
After Purge: Trotskyite Plot Purged? -> Small Penalty
After Purge and Fourth Internationale (the event): No Penalty

NSB:
After Purge: Trotskyite Plot? -> Big Penalty
After Purge and Trotsky's Assasination: Trotskyite Plot Purged? -> Small Penalty
At no point do you get to remove it. At least change the name to reflect the fact that Trotsky is dead.

Killing Trotsky didn't remove the possibility of more imagined Trotskyites, and Stalin's paranoia hampered the USSR until his death. I think it's fine as it is.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Killing Trotsky didn't remove the possibility of more imagined Trotskyites, and Stalin's paranoia hampered the USSR until his death. I think it's fine as it is.
They could instead make base stability lower by 5%, and then remove that spirit that gives -5%. Having permanent negative modifier is not cool. Also annoying, considering how many modifiers USSR have in that small window

• 1Like
Reactions:
There is 100% QA happening before release. That's why it's an open beta and not live yet, and why I can't give you a final release date yet ;)
Please, make it then more strict.

They could instead make base stability lower by 5%, and then remove that spirit that gives -5%. Having permanent negative modifier is not cool. Also annoying, considering how many modifiers USSR have in that small window
You can reach 100% stability even with the Trotsky debuff, so i don't see the problem.