Open Beta Patch 1.11.4 (Steam Only) (Updated Mk4) - Checksum b22c

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've kicked off a new game as AST on the new beta - GER almost but didn't quite make it to 950K deployed in time to select Danzig or War in time (screenshots in spoiler). I don't think a save would be helpful in this case, but attached in the off chance. Everything else looks well-behaved so far :)

1638339424122.png

1638339451374.png

Attachments

• GER - Danzig delayed.7z
    957,9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Just noticed the 2d art for trains in the production line is always the generic train 2d art icon, it disregards the 2d art in the trechnology tab. So when building trains for Germany it doesnt show the german 2d art, but the generic one. It is happening in all countries.

• 1Like
Reactions:
When taking Greece with BftB you can not assign any Political Advisors or Military Advisors which require any party to be "loyal" or "friendly". This mechanic just doesn't work at all in the current beta version. You can see an example attached. (Metaxism, Monarchist are loyal, 1936).

Even when you befriend other parties it doesn't let you choose any more advisors

Attachments

• 2021-12-01 15_05_31-Hearts of Iron IV (DirectX 9).png
    2021-12-01 15_05_31-Hearts of Iron IV (DirectX 9).png
    1,5 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
For me NKVD leaders are not providing paranoia.
Also Pdox PLEASE change focus time from 70 to 35 days for alt-communist paths for USSR. I do not ask for full overhaul, but making them shorter is a matter of 10 mins of work.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Any chance can you correct this? (Found it while testing the open beta)

Attachments

• DemocraticLatvia.jpg
    DemocraticLatvia.jpg
    105,9 KB · Views: 0
- Air supply now grants 0.2 supply per plane at 100% mission efficiency, from 1.2 :)|)
Is it not a bit too much? I actually saw a usefulness in that planes but if you need 6 times more planes they will become useless?

There is also an interface bug in UHD Fullscreen DX11 at 24 inch which leads to a shift of clicking objects for example in the menu compared to the graphical output, which does not happen in Borderless Mode.

There are also many corruptions in text (in every mode sine day one) maybe mainly because of 3840x2160 @ 24 inch?

There are also some other interface problems but it is difficult to explain.

Last edited:
Reactions:
There is also an interface bug in UHD Fullscreen DX11 at 24 inch which leads to a shift of clicking objects for example in the menu compared to the graphical output, which does not happen in Borderless Mode.
Do you use UI scaling?

Reactions:
German Focus Tree, Air Innovations II Focus.

Formerly this boosts the research speed of a specific doctrin tech path. I think you forgot to adapt the bonus to the new system, because the applied national focus do nothing now (for doctrines) and I suppose it should give a cost reduction for the doctrin path instead.

Hi Dev-Team,

I push this previous topic with Air innovations II, maybe you missed this.

Next:
Generic Focus Tree, Infrastructure I and II

The regions that get better infrastructure from this focus is choosen randomly, as before. Because of the change in the infrastructure system, the random pick is broken. Example:

A region starts with 3/5. It is now possible that the infrastructure focus set the +2 and the +1 to this one region. I assume that the check for this random pick is based on the old system and is only based on the first number. So the system checks 3/10.
I test this with Belgium. Wallonie gets +2 and +1, although Flanders was available for a pick with the Infrastructure I focus. Maybe this focus should also push a railway line in the region or give a temporary bonus for railway construction?

General:
There are many good arguments in the last posts regarding to tank design. It is a major aspect of this DLC and not a good implementation so far, I think. For me it is absolutely fine to increase the cost of tanks in contrast to previous versions. Why not, these babys have to cost something. But on the other hand, you also need something that justifies these costs. At the moment they are not cost effective. They do their job, but it is better to swarm the enemy with inf+arty, if you have the manpower or to use the motorised version of it, if you want some speed. I hope you will reconsider the current balancing a bit, because you weaken one part of your DLC at the moment and there are some good approaches in this forum that should be followed up.
Especially when you combine the new powerful CAS with the lower cost infantry, there is no longer a need for tanks. Again, I can see the point of giving the air force more of the historical strength, but in the end, it's a bit over the top. Just my 2 cents.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Impression that USSR was seriously (perhaps unintentionally) nerfed by NSB. This is due primarily to the fact that the serious debuffs to the USSR at start take more than half of the game to undo because the PP burden on the USSR is about 50% more than they can reasonably generate; much of the focus tree cannot be used, which is where most of the normalization and efficiency modifiers lay. In a normal game, even by start of 1943, much of the focus tree still cannot be reasonably used due to the overall PP burden.

This is obviously a balancing issue, but looking through the beta notes I don't see anything which addresses this.

I apologize if this has been a subject in this thread already, but was wondering if any other players may have the same concerns re USSR's overburdened PP pool/focus tree.

Side note: Absolutely love the tank designer.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Hi!
Not sure if anyone has posted this before, but recruit_character does work outside of history and still spews out an error? It adds the minister, but not as a leader

If this is unintentional, please let me know as the documentation seems to indicate that it should be possible - but error.log says it isn't (recruit_character should only happen in game/history files in order to be executed only at game start).

Why hire testers when you can charge your customers to test your products instead.

Is any effort or consideration made to test anything before launch?
Doesn't matter. A small testing team will never be able to test all the combinations that thousands of players will think up and try.

If you don't want to test the beta, stick to release, or walk away, imo.

• 9Like
Reactions:
Doesn't matter. A small testing team will never be able to test all the combinations that thousands of players will think up and try.

If you don't want to test the beta, stick to release, or walk away, imo.
It's great that they do Betas for patches. But they should do Betas (and Alphas) for DLC too imo. A "Player Council" of the community's best modders/experts/most dedicated fans like Relic has for Company of Heroes 3 would be awesome.

• 2Like
Reactions: