Open Beta Patch 1.11.4 (Steam Only) (Updated Mk4) - Checksum b22c

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Some modifier names not appearing in tooltips (modifiers are there, but names are absent)

This may be related to the missing leader names, but the names of some of the modifiers seem to be missing. I was sure to verify my game files before starting it up, given I'd just backdated and updated through a couple of versions. As always, sorry if it's already been reported - the bug section of the forum is pretty active, and a search under "modifier" gets a whole bunch of returns which the first page of didn't look relevant, but it could be hidden in there somewhere).

Version: 1.11.4.45cf
Checksum: 6c71

Repro steps:
1) Load attached save as SOV
2) Hover mouse over PP box to get the tooltip to pop up
3) Observe that there are two "+5%" modifiers without names as per the first screenshot
4) Hover over the stability box to get the tooltip to pop up
5) Observe that there is a -5% and a -10% modifier without names
6) Hover over the CP box to get the tooltip to pop up
7) Observe a bunch of modifiers with no names, as per the third screenshot
8) There's a similar issue with Army XP, as per the 4th screenshot (as well as navy XP, and war support - but did'nt want to make the post to big)

Screenies in spoilers so it's not too big a post:

1638249685394.png

1638250015756.png

1638250195732.png

1638250275757.png

Attachments

• SOV - modifiers without names.7z
    958,7 KB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Germany not selecting NFs in historical mode to give war with Poland in Aug/Sep 1939 (GER not building enough troops to select?)

I swear this has to be a duplicate, but had a look/search and couldn't find it elsewhere - to the person who reported it originally, please don't hesitate to call me blind :) Even if not strictly a duplicate, it probably is more-or-less the same thing as this bug (penny didn't drop until I'd written most of this up, so leaving in case useful, and because it highlights flow-on effects of GER's smaller build).

In my run-through of the live game, I did get WW2 with historical focuses selected kicking off on time - but that doesn't necessarily mean that this isn't in it - whatever causes it may not have been triggered. In any event, at least in the open beta, in this playthrough, for some reason even though historical focuses are selected, GER didn't pick "Danzig or War" such that it would finish in the second half of August, and didn't pick it as the next focus after this either (instead going for Reichsautobahn and German War Economy). The switch to Reichsautobahn repro'd 5/5 from the attached save, and Reichsautobahn to German War Economy 3/3.

It also may be WAD - apologies if I've missed/forgot something in the patchlogs. Please don't hesitate to verbally tar and feather me as appropriate :)

Version: 1.11.4.45cf (and I am checking every time, and not just copy-pasting from previous posts)
Checksum: 6c71

1) Load first save (the one without "second save" in the name - the zip file has two saves) as GER
2) Observe while loading, as per the first screenshot, that historical NF options are selected (and in this playthrough the USSR hasn't been up to shenanigans as far as I'm aware)
3) Open the console and enter human_ai
4) Press Q and bring up the political screen, and see we're a day away from finishing the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact (as appropriate)
5) Start time, and observe the NF end, and the AI pick "Reichsautobahn" instead of "Danzig or War"
6) Open up the NF tree and hover over "Danzig or War", and observe that GER doesn't meet the requirements yet, as per the second screenshot.
7) Load up the second save (the one with "second save" in the name
8) Open up the political screen, and see we're two days away from finishing "Reichsautobahn".
9) Pop human_ai into the console.
10) Start time, and observe that instead of "Danzig or War", GER selects "German War Economy".
11) Open up the NF tree and see GER still hasn't met the requirements of "Danzig or War", as per the third screenshot

Screenies in spoiler
1638252153103.png

1638252330915.png

1638252566494.png

Attachments

• GER open beta - NF selection.7z
    1,8 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Reactions:
On beta branch i encountered these so far.

1)spy icons on maps go over the ''circle'' that denotes them.
2) On kaiser Germany game, cant proceed assasinate Mussolini Focus. Condition that mussolini has to be in power is X ( despite him still being leader).
3) Volunteer Divisions are lost forever as Volunteers even when conflict ends ( they dont stay in that country either but in diplo menu it says i am sending Volunteers). Happened In SCW+ Russian Civil War.

Reactions:
Germany not selecting NFs in historical mode to give war with Poland in Aug/Sep 1939 (GER not building enough troops to select?)

I swear this has to be a duplicate, but had a look/search and couldn't find it elsewhere - to the person who reported it originally, please don't hesitate to call me blind :) Even if not strictly a duplicate, it probably is more-or-less the same thing as this bug (penny didn't drop until I'd written most of this up, so leaving in case useful, and because it highlights flow-on effects of GER's smaller build).

In my run-through of the live game, I did get WW2 with historical focuses selected kicking off on time - but that doesn't necessarily mean that this isn't in it - whatever causes it may not have been triggered. In any event, at least in the open beta, in this playthrough, for some reason even though historical focuses are selected, GER didn't pick "Danzig or War" such that it would finish in the second half of August, and didn't pick it as the next focus after this either (instead going for Reichsautobahn and German War Economy). The switch to Reichsautobahn repro'd 5/5 from the attached save, and Reichsautobahn to German War Economy 3/3.

Hmm, it didn't happen in my 1.11.2 runs to the war, but me playing as Poland may influence this.

I had this happen semi randomly in last patch before NSB especially playing as France, where it was a great help. The war usually started in early 1940.

Reactions:

This is actually something I saw quite a bit pre-No Step Back and seemed to be associated with Germany building insane numbers of photo-recon 'planes. I was playing with a mod (Waltzing Matilda) at the time, and at various points managed to fix it. My assumption was that it was a mod balance problem, but it might nevertheless be an indication that Germany is on some sort of knife-edge, AI development balance-wise? Hopefully this might be a clue in getting to the bottom of it...

Reactions:
I know that is not related with this patch but since the rework of Vichy France, after the focus “end of occupation”, Italy lose Corsica and keep just Savoy, can you modify the event? Corsica is one of the claims of italy, getting it for example by focus claims on France and after lose again is not so good

• 2Like
Reactions:
The branch has been updated, new checksum is c4c6.
Here's what changed:

Code:
##################################
# Balance

- RK Ostland now releases on controlled territory, not just owned territory.
- AA gun 3 now medium weapon, Tanks are now a bit slower, heavys/sh are now more expensive
- removed base equpment conversion modifier, removed conversion modifier from dispersed industry, increased conversion tech time

# Stability & Performance

- Fixed a corner case where AI defensive line generation would slow the game down to a crawl

# UI

- Fix orders group UI not reflecting the motorization state of units after loading a save

# AI

- Updated German templates to correctly use motorized
- Soviet should now not get stuck in a spiral of decision spending when they desperately needs manpower laws
- USA should no longer fail to produce a usable infantry template
- usa should now prioritize getting a m. tank design working faster
- soviet should now avoid justifying on targets where it can push its ultimatum
- AI is more conservative about implementing no_garrison law if resistance target will raise too much
- Impassable provinces will no longer be seen as land connections by the AI military strategists

# Modding

- Can now use decision as target for pp_spend_priority strategy to block spending completely on decisions
- Documentation has been updated to reflect Barbarossa changes

# Database

- The Superior Warmachines focus in the Soviet tree is now available for players without NSB

# Bugfix

- Made the Polish Decision Categories for dealing with the Peasant Strike, Sanation and Inviting Foreign Motors be available without No Step Back
- Leadership of the Axis now remains with the German Reich when civil war starts
- Fix AI not assigned requested units to naval invasion armies, which could leave them idle wherever they happened to be standing
- Fixed the Wilhelmina idea so it has the correct portrait.
- fixed an issue where French and Japanese Heavy tank chassis icons were in the wrong spot in the tech tree
- Adjusted the Iron Wolf appeasement decisions in Lithuania so it's not as easy to get locked out of the rest of the branch.
- Puppeted Russia can now take Pacify the Rim focus even if they have sold Vladivostok, making it possible to progress to the independence war focus.
- Fix river supply connections sometimes getting absurd boosts to supply flow
- a number of triggers were broken due to translated character names not registering correctly. These have been fixed. This should only affect non-English players (Russian in particular).
- Removed condition from the Bring Old Trotskyists Back focus to stop players from sometimes getting locked out of the Permanent Revolution section of the Left Opposition focus tree.
- Improved AI weights for Prospecting decisions.
- Baltic AI will no longer reject Soviet ultimatum on historical due to a major country guaranteeing them.
- Added missing Soviet focuses to 1939 Bookmark
- Focuses and decisions will now work correctly when checking for a character that has a different name spelling in non-english
- Volunteers will no longer be lost when returning
- Russia can now properly form the Pan-slavic union
- The AI will no longer cheat and try to use Military Spirits if No Step Back is not enabled
- Fixed issue where exiled characters didn't return after a successful coup
- Translate localization key for all character name, not just unit leaders
- In the tank designer, the top/default entry in the model selection list is now the expected one for super heavy, modern and amphibious chassis.
- The tank model displayed in the tech details view is now of the expected tech level.
- Comintern is now dissolved when starting the Soviet civil war
- Fix rare crash where logistics strike targetted consumer whose cached status was invalid
- Fix PREV (etc) keyword when it references a character.
- Super heavy and modern tank designs will now get a proper default icon when playing with NSB active.
- Missing glyphs for Turkish and Latvian names are now back. Also fixed non-breaking spaces showing up as '?' in French and Russian translations.
- Units in naval transfer will no longer trigger 'low supply' theater alert
- Poland is no longer able to complete the April Constitution while being a puppet
- Fallback lines now work correctly for volunteers

• 15Like
  • 11Love
Reactions:
It is great that the cost of Heavy Tanks was upgraded. Having a Superheavy being only as twice as expensive as a medium was weird.

Although I think we need a small nerf to CAS and a bigger nerf to motorized battalions in terms of breakthrough stats.

@MatRopert Why are you making tanks even more expensive? They are already costing more then they used to right now, while simultaneously having worse stats. Is this an intended harsh tank nerf?

Because it had zero and none sense that you could produce King Tigers at only twice the cost of a Panzer IV

The beta is only increasing the cost for heavies and superheavies

• 8Like
Reactions:
Because it had zero and none sense that you could produce King Tigers at only twice the cost of a Panzer IV

The beta is only increased the cost for heavies and superheavies
Even medium and light tanks are more expensive than they used to be, for worse stats. And now some tanks are being made to cost even more. It just doesn't make sense to me unless this is an intentional nerf, but if so, why? With a proper tank designer, you think they would have made tanks a central feature of gameplay, instead of something that requires a significant IC investment for rather mediocre returns compared to just building infantry and planes

• 4Like
Reactions:
Even medium and light tanks are more expensive than they used to be, for worse stats. And now some tanks are being made to cost even more. It just doesn't make sense to me unless this is an intentional nerf, but if so, why? With a proper tank designer, you think they would have made tanks a central feature of gameplay, instead of something that requires a significant IC investment for rather mediocre returns compared to just building infantry and planes

Yes, but that change was not introduced by the beta. The previous situation was that medium and light tanks were more expensive as you outlined but the cost of Heavies and Superheavies did not increase as much.

So you could produce a Superheavy with much better stats at only twice the cost of a medium tank. Which with nerf or not made zero sense

• 6Like
Reactions:
Sensational work to all the Devs - that's a pretty impressive list of fixes in what is less than a week since launch :)

Quick question - would it be recommended to start a new game after these changes from a testing perspective? I'm assuming yes, but won't complain if the answer is no :)

Documentation has been updated to reflect Barbarossa changes

Many, many, many thanks - hugely appreciated, and I'd be very surprised if I was the only (prospective) modder who is of this view :)

• 3Like
Reactions: