Open Beta Patch 1.11.4 (Steam Only) (Updated Mk4) - Checksum b22c

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
View attachment 779586
I can't recall my volunteers to France since there is only the option to send but no option to recall. Now when France capitulates they are set to return but end up in void forever. This game was started on the open beta branch.
I don't think you can ever recall your volunteers manually in HOI4. You always had to wait for the conclusion of the war and their automatic return. But yes, not returning even after the peace deal is a problem.

Reactions:
Is there any explanation of those different railway levels? It's representing different railway gauges, right?

Reactions:
Is there any explanation of those different railway levels? It's representing different railway gauges, right?

I'm pretty sure the different railway levels represent different levels of throughput - so a supply hub with a consistent high-level railway connection to the capital will have a higher supply capacity and greater radius than one with a lower-level railway connection.

In terms of different gauges, there's a delay in changing over railway use once it's changed hands in combat - that kind-of represents the different gauges - as best I understand it.

Reactions:
I had a similar problem as well. Having sent seven mountaineer divisions in the Spanish Civil War, they disappeared into the void when the Communists split off. My lend-lease shifted to the new Spanish Commune, as well as a claim that I had sent volunteers, but I couldn't access the volunteer interface at all (as I wasn't allowed to send volunteers to rebels from the Republican government) and my volunteers disappeared from Spain entirely. This, paired with a direct Portuguese intervention, caused a chain reaction, and both Republicans and Communists capitulated to the Nationalists (who had been reduced to a couple of towns left prior to the splinter) within a few months. I never got my mountaineers back either.
I have a similar problem. I sent armored divisions to Spain when we won the war, all divisions disappeared, and it even indicates that I and Italy have volunteers there (although the war is over for a "long" time).
bug.png

Reactions:
I'm having a bug where as the USSR Yagoda isn't getting replaced by Yezhov after the NKVD disloyalty event. Is anyone else having this problem too?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm pretty sure the different railway levels represent different levels of throughput - so a supply hub with a consistent high-level railway connection to the capital will have a higher supply capacity and greater radius than one with a lower-level railway connection.
Some testing on flow rates vs rail level and also with motorization levels here:

Some issues I've observed playing on this beta:

1) Soviet volunteers don't return from the SCW. They don't get annexed by the recipient country either like in past bugs, they just vanish.

2) Lithuania refuses the Soviet ultimatum, and is guaranteed by ENG, so you can't invade them without breaking the game into a three-sided war.

3) The Soviet heads of the NKVD are not getting replaced when their events fire, and also remain available to rehire from the grave after getting purged.

Reactions:
The supply system tend to transport less supply through railway rather than more supply by sea.
It only transport by sea, if there is no road connection.
Erzurum-Sivas-Malatya railway connection in Anatolia was being built in 1936 at Turkey so Erzurum part is disconnected from main railways of Anatolia, that must be reason and I Don't think its bug tho.
You should connect them as you can build in your ally's territory now.

Some issues I've observed playing on this beta:

1) Soviet volunteers don't return from the SCW. They don't get annexed by the recipient country either like in past bugs, they just vanish.

2) Lithuania refuses the Soviet ultimatum, and is guaranteed by ENG, so you can't invade them without breaking the game into a three-sided war.

3) The Soviet heads of the NKVD are not getting replaced when their events fire, and also remain available to rehire from the grave after getting purged.

I have a similar problem. I sent armored divisions to Spain when we won the war, all divisions disappeared, and it even indicates that I and Italy have volunteers there (although the war is over for a "long" time).
View attachment 779857

I also had the same thing happen to me in my playthrough! I was stoked to have six armoured Divisions all upgraded to elite only to have them apparently go down with their transports on the journey home :D

Was tank production changed in 1.11.4? I saw lot of tanks in AI countries in 1.11.1 in my Soviet playthrough and now, when I play beta as Japan, I see it again only lot of infranty and almost no tanks in UK/Italy/Germany. Almost like in 1.10 version.

Reactions:
Remove
C:\Users\Username\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV
and
...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Hearts of Iron IV
manually.
Dont just uninstall it via steam, actually remove the steam folder and the documents folder, then reinstall and see if something has changed.
Remember to backup your saves before
Finally fixed, took 3 days, but I no longer have Pokéglyphs.

Reactions:
I really wanna know if these tank stats are as they should be. They seem to be seriously underpowered and overcosted compared to what they were before. Just as an example, lets compare the Panzer 2 from both NSB and before NSB. While of course due to the designer system their stats won't be an exact replica, it's still very concerning

panzer 2 no nsb.png
panzer 2 nsb.png

As you can see, the one on the left has higher stats in almost every category than the one on the right. While I could increase the stats on the right via the tank designer, the NSB version already costs more. To bring it up to technological parity with the pre-NSB tank, the IC cost would go even higher. This is a consistent running theme throughout the enter DLC with the tank designer. Worse stats, for a higher cost. And if you want comparable stats, be prepared to have your tank divisions cost a lot more than they did previously.

Is this on purpose? Have tanks been nerfed on purpose? Do you want us to use fewer tank divisions, or make tanks less effective? Or is this bad tuning that can still be adjusted?

Reactions: