Open Beta Patch 1.11.4 (Steam Only) (Updated Mk4) - Checksum b22c

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Remove
C:\Users\Username\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV
and
...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Hearts of Iron IV
manually.
Dont just uninstall it via steam, actually remove the steam folder and the documents folder, then reinstall and see if something has changed.
Remember to backup your saves before
It appears that it didn't work. It's still doing it. In fact now it's just going though consecutive validations.

Last edited:
Reactions:
For a DLC that is all about tanks, most nations still have one default tank designer. Including Poland and the Baltic states, the 2/3rd of the main focus of this DLC. Could we get some more options for tank designers?

• 1Like
Reactions:
- The Polish national focus "Expand the University of Warsaw" will now properly count owned factories.
It still doesnt work? 51 factories according to top of screen and still can not use this one?

With 55 factories in top of screen it suddenly works.
Ah, I guess the naval dockyards dont count for this focus. but they do count as factories in top of screen.

Reactions:
1638048065038.png

I can't recall my volunteers to France since there is only the option to send but no option to recall. Now when France capitulates they are set to return but end up in void forever. This game was started on the open beta branch.

• 1Like
Reactions:
View attachment 779586
I can't recall my volunteers to France since there is only the option to send but no option to recall. Now when France capitulates they are set to return but end up in void forever. This game was started on the open beta branch.

I had a similar problem as well. Having sent seven mountaineer divisions in the Spanish Civil War, they disappeared into the void when the Communists split off. My lend-lease shifted to the new Spanish Commune, as well as a claim that I had sent volunteers, but I couldn't access the volunteer interface at all (as I wasn't allowed to send volunteers to rebels from the Republican government) and my volunteers disappeared from Spain entirely. This, paired with a direct Portuguese intervention, caused a chain reaction, and both Republicans and Communists capitulated to the Nationalists (who had been reduced to a couple of towns left prior to the splinter) within a few months. I never got my mountaineers back either.

Reactions:
Is anything being done about the bug where Stalin can kill the entire Right Opposition before the civil war, locking you out of the post-coup/civil war focuses because it requires Rykov to be alive or Bukharin to be in charge?

TBH the balance with the Civil War content really needs some looking at. There are a lot of false choices in the focus tree. For instance, with Trotsky, it's kind of pointless to even bother with Primakov and Tukhachevsky because unless you immediately beeline for those focuses and immediately start the civil war, they'll be executed. There's a lot of things like that too, where you can take focuses to unlock advisors, only for them to be killed anyway. It's very frustrating, especially when you have so little leeway in focuses to take in the first place.

Other false choices including choosing between military support or framing the military. The Latter is the only real option, because with military support you spend political power to raise paranoia and raise military support, or gain the support of a general who may just be purged anyway; or you can frame a general and reduce paranoia while increasing army support. There's no actual choice here. Diverting attention to the military is the no-brainer option.

In general the only thing that really matters for the civil war is gaining PP and expanding your on-map control. All the cooperation against Stalin related focuses are a waste of time. I think all of the civil war prep focuses for the communists have to be reduced to 35 days from 70, for sure.

Additionally, it's not cool that Bukharin's assassination of stalin is RNG based. It's something you have to commit your entire preparation for, eschewing secret headquarters and on map control. If it fails, then you have no choice but to end the campaign and start over. It also takes too long, thanks to myriad 70 day focuses.

I think it says a lot that on youtube you can easily find dozens upon dozens of people doing monarchist or Trotskyist playthroughs, but only a single person that I found did a Bukharin one. It's too much of PITA to be worth it.

The Monarchist civil war was supposed to be the hardest Anti-Stalin route, but it is actually the easiest, and has the most benefits in building back after the Civil War, while Trotsky in comparison has absolutely nothing to help make up for all the time and resources you lose spent in civil war.

It's frustrating because there is all this content is here, but a lot of it is underpowered/unbalanced to the point where it's not really worth doing unless you like sawing off your own legs.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is anything being done about the bug where Stalin can kill the entire Right Opposition before the civil war, locking you out of the post-coup/civil war focuses because it requires Rykov to be alive or Bukharin to be in charge?

TBH the balance with the Civil War content really needs some looking at. There are a lot of false choices in the focus tree. For instance, with Trotsky, it's kind of pointless to even bother with Primakov and Tukhachevsky because unless you immediately beeline for those focuses and immediately start the civil war, they'll be executed. There's a lot of things like that too, where you can take focuses to unlock advisors, only for them to be killed anyway. It's very frustrating, especially when you have so little leeway in focuses to take in the first place.

Other false choices including choosing between military support or framing the military. The Latter is the only real option, because with military support you spend political power to raise paranoia and raise military support, or gain the support of a general who may just be purged anyway; or you can frame a general and reduce paranoia while increasing army support. There's no actual choice here. Diverting attention to the military is the no-brainer option.

In general the only thing that really matters for the civil war is gaining PP and expanding your on-map control. All the cooperation against Stalin related focuses are a waste of time. I think all of the civil war prep focuses for the communists have to be reduced to 35 days from 70, for sure.

Additionally, it's not cool that Bukharin's assassination of stalin is RNG based. It's something you have to commit your entire preparation for, eschewing secret headquarters and on map control. If it fails, then you have no choice but to end the campaign and start over. It also takes too long, thanks to myriad 70 day focuses.

I think it says a lot that on youtube you can easily find dozens upon dozens of people doing monarchist or Trotskyist playthroughs, but only a single person that I found did a Bukharin one. It's too much of PITA to be worth it.

The Monarchist civil war was supposed to be the hardest Anti-Stalin route, but it is actually the easiest, and has the most benefits in building back after the Civil War, while Trotsky in comparison has absolutely nothing to help make up for all the time and resources you lose spent in civil war.

It's frustrating because there is all this content is here, but a lot of it is underpowered/unbalanced to the point where it's not really worth doing unless you like sawing off your own legs.
There's also an issue where if kill Stalin and avoid the civil war, and you have one of the purge debuff that you have to use a decision to remove (which are inevitable since that path takes so long), then you're locked out of ever removing them. I ended the purge with all three anti-soviet thinking debuffs and a dissolved design company, so that run was essentially dead in the water.

Reactions:
The Air Strat view is wonky. I posted this before somewhere but as Germany my BF109s are on AS over West Germany. When I hit the stats over the air zone.., lots of incorrect information. One of the more glaring is it stated that I lost/disrupted many of my bombers. Obviously, I had no bomber in the air. There are other things. Anyway, easy to reproduce.
The other one is when I am experimenting with manually doing RAIL (in order to get a better understanding), the GUI says Rail costs 170, +130 each additional Rail. The cost actually starts at 300 (170+130), and builds an additional +130 from there. So either the GUI is incorrect and it should say 300, +130 each additional Rail, or the programming is incorrect and adds one to an area that has no rail.
Lastly, LOVE the BETA!!! Keep up the good work, fingers crossed for when BICE catches up to the BETA.

Reactions:
Shouldn't communists have the cheaper advisors or something? More importantly, shouldn't communists have reductions in consumer goods? That seems a lot more thematically accurate than the small construction bonus and high consumer goods. I know it's supposed to represent inefficiency but it's a bad way to do that.

- The Polish national focus "Expand the University of Warsaw" will now properly count owned factories.
It still doesnt work? 51 factories according to top of screen and still can not use this one?

With 55 factories in top of screen it suddenly works.
Ah, I guess the naval dockyards dont count for this focus. but they do count as factories in top of screen.
The factories you get through trade don't count.

• 4Like
Reactions:
New bug as of switching to the open beta, when given the purge event to replace the head of the NKVD with Yezhov the post reverts back to Yagoda once I unpause. It's happened twice now on this run.

Testing the beta, and there doesn't appear to be a 25% PP discount on advisors for democratic nations?

Also, after saving and loading on the beta, all of the world's leaders' names have disappeared? Their stats are still there, but the names don't appear on the portraits or in events.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Also, after saving and loading on the beta, all of the world's leaders' names have disappeared? Their stats are still there, but the names don't appear on the portraits or in events.

This one's been reported by a couple of people now - but deffo doesn't hurt to have it reinforced :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
The supply system tend to transport less supply through railway rather than more supply by sea.
It only transport by sea, if there is no road connection.

Attachments

• mmexport1638030095533_edit_265076938596.jpg
    mmexport1638030095533_edit_265076938596.jpg
    2,2 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: