Open Beta Patch 1.11.4 (Steam Only) (Updated Mk4) - Checksum b22c

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Generals and admirals have been incorporated into the new character system,but “desc” is invalid .
I try to write "desc" in different places, but nothing is displayed when I put the mouse over the general picture.
View attachment 779242View attachment 779243View attachment 779244View attachment 779249

Isn't that text under the stats the description though? (The "...was a Georgian revolutionary..." part). What did you write in the loc key? That seems to be the default description, which is what it will be displayed with that loc key if you don't overwrite it.

- Democratic government type now confers a bonus of -25% political advisor cost. Several national spirits have been slightly tweaked down to accomodate the possibility of stacking this bonus.
- Revert " Democratic government type now confers a bonus of -25% political advisor cost. Several national spirits have been slightly tweaked down to accomodate the possibility of stacking this bonus."

So which one is it? If it was reverted in the same patch, why mentioning it? Though, I suppose it's cool to see you tried that idea.

Another complete game-breaker (/sarcasm :) ) but the leaders appear to have lost their names - apologies if this is a known issue, I went looking for Chiang and couldn't find him, but then realised after writing all this that it's everyone:

Version: 1.11.4.45cf
Checksum: 6c71
DLC enabled: All except music packs with vocals in them (I just like instrumental soundtracks)

Repro steps:
1) Load attached save (SOV open beta - 20211127) and play as SOV
2) Observe in the event pop-up that opens on loading that in the second line, there's a space where Chiang's name should be (this is what alerted me to the issue). See first screenshot below.
3) Bring up Nationalist China's diplomatic page and hover over the portrait.
4) Observe as per the first screenshot below there's no name for our mate Chiang.
5) Bring up Germany's diplomatic page and hover over the portrait.
6) Observe as per the second screenshot below there's no name for Adolf.

These may be separate issues, but I'd bet a packet of chips - nice ones - that they're connected.

View attachment 779218

View attachment 779221
Was this a fresh new game on the beta or did you make that save on the release version?

Reactions:
Was this a fresh new game on the beta or did you make that save on the release version?

I have seen the same issue in my Japan game.

First, I had the advisor names.

When or after (not 100% sure) the civil war started, the advisor names were lost.

Save game and screen shot can be found here:

Edit:
I started that game with version 1.11.4

Reactions:
Isn't that text under the stats the description though? (The "...was a Georgian revolutionary..." part). What did you write in the loc key? That seems to be the default description, which is what it will be displayed with that loc key if you don't overwrite it.
"...was a Georgian revolutionary..." is what I write in localisation. The leader's description showed normally, but the general's did not.(They used the same description,)

localisation.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
The Allied Speech Pack DLC still needs a fix!
If you unselect the Allied Speeches in the radio menu (which basically means you don't want to hear them I think), your radio will still start playing speeches correlating to certain events. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
When I am playing Poland with hidden Romanov path in 1.11.4 i can't make Demand Lithuania and Demand Slovakia focuses, because I need to be facist...

In 1.11.2 version I can make these focuses.

• 4Like
Reactions:
"...was a Georgian revolutionary..." is what I write in localisation. The leader's description showed normally, but the general's did not.(They used the same description,)

View attachment 779279
This function is used more in mod. But after this update, I was confused about how to add a description to the general.(It was easy in the old versions,but now I don't know how to write in "character" to add a description to the general.)
What's shown in the picture doesn't work
character.png

I saw this update, but forgive me, I am a more demanding person, this model is not all, such as panzerⅢ, I hope to update all for players.Also about the dx issue on display I am a notebook and I can t use dx11 because the tracking of my picture and mouse is misplaced when used

Sensational work Team HoI4 :cool: Thanks for all your hard work and best of luck stomping on these bugs :) I'll give the beta a look a bit later today and see if anything crops up.

One concern (and, as always - these are thoughts in case they help - it's your game, and a great game, and I'll play it regardless) this change:

...particularly with no UX changes, is kind-of doubling down on the inconsistency between the UX and the mechanics when it comes to supply (and also makes it harder to build up ports in new areas). I think focussing on the "rigid supply network" design approach (which is what this is) without expanding how far the supply gets to, is locking in future challenges in the future unnecessarily. I could be wrong of course - just mentioning it in the spirit of helping - while I think the fundamentals of the supply system are great, some of the settings as to its implementation don't seem coherent from a design perspective, both within the system itself and in the way the system interacts with other systems.

I suspect this is intended to solve the "port on every province in Libya" situation - but if supply range is expanded a bit then there wouldn't be the same gameplay incentive to do this - and from a historical plausibility perspective putting a port in every province should lead to improved supply. The reason it wasn't done wasn't that the capacity wasn't there - it was because a port at Tobruk could adequately support an attack on Benghazi, and Benghazi could adequately support and attack on Tobruk (and then a smaller port at Mersa Matruh, just on the Egyptian side of the border - it's not in HoI4 yet and didn't really matter until now, but the game would benefit from plonking it in now).

Ie - raising port costs is doubling down on mechanics that take the game further away from historical plausibility, and the gameplay mechanics further away from player-controlled. It's an atrocious pun, but I can't help myself - you're pushing for a design based around railroading of what was a far more flexible-in-practice-historically approach to logistics networks (expanding the existing network is cheap, but changing the structure of the network outside of ports was prohibitively expensive, and now ports are more expensive too - both to degrees that are not historically plausible).

This then interacts with a UX system that warns players not to be off the fixed network - but sometimes this is necessary, leaving "permanent supply alerts" in place, which means it's much harder for players to notice when a supply issue they can influence has cropped up.

It's your game of course - and I'm not for a second suggesting it's unplayable - but the system as designed now is in some ways less flexible (not all ways - in others it's substantially more flexible - but where it counts as to the overall structure it's far more "fixed") than the one it replaced, and I'm yet to see any evidence to suggest that the UX isn't noticeably more confusing (at least in some ways unnecessarily). It's no skin off my nose, as I'm quite comfortable modding in changes to the cost of ports, and expect to be able to tweak the supply falloff curve and terrain costs to get something that works a bit better with the UX and is a bit more historically plausible - but I can't help but feel you're making your life harder than it needs be here.

Hahaha, love it :)
This post is so incredibly on point that you literally even included a specific situation that a buddy and I ran into only a few hours ago. We had the Italians pinched in North Africa but I (France) was completely out of supply and unable to push to Benghazi and he (UK) was in the same boat on the other side near Tobruk. I had to throw a port just West of Benghazi and it worked perfectly; I was able to push, take the port at Benghazi, and we finished the African campaign, albeit with more casualties than I had ever seen.

I had to build that port because my previous supply hub didn't reach even halfway to my troops. With a new depot and the accompanying railroad taking the better part of a year to finish, a port was the clear solution. But it seems weird to me that I was in this predicament to begin with. Were the previously occupying Italians just ok with having a massive supply dead zone in the middle of Libya? They never bothered to address that in the - checks notes - 26 years since they had colonized it?

Penalizing my stopgap solution feels like, as you said, a bizarre choice. I only made limited use of the transport planes since the DLC dropped but they're nerfing that too. I do really like the new supply system in theory, because I'm a sucker for complicated and unnecessary mechanics in games that are already needlessly complicated; I adored the Naval designer when an lot of people didn't, and I adore the tank one despite the fact that this DLC nerfed the absolute heck out of tanks overall. But why is the intent to suddenly start punishing the player for operating anywhere that isn't metropolitan Europe? Tanks were used extensively in Africa but I wouldn't have dared trying to field even a single division of armour in Libya, lest I set myself back a year's worth of production via attrition.

Another example: I tried a Communist China run tonight and it was miserable. Sure, I can take out the nearby warlords without any supply and horrific attrition (who needs equipment anyway?), but the border with Mengkukuo couldn't even support pitiful 10w divisions above 25% org, and the cost of pre-emptively building a railroad and depot up there is simply not feasible. It feels like PDX really doesn't want us building depots but they leave very few alternatives when their supply range is so puny.

I'm more than willing to adapt my playstyle to this new system, I just need to know how the devs want me to play.

Last edited:
Reactions:
When I am playing Poland with hidden Romanov path in 1.11.4 i can't make Demand Lithuania and Demand Slovakia focuses, because I need to be facist...

In 1.11.2 version I can make these focuses.
Secret Romanov path? What secret Romanov path? There is no secret Romanov path, comrade. Reports of the contrary are anti-soviet bourgeois propaganda.
I'm gonna have to report this conversation.

Also _if_ there was a secret Romanov path and _if_ there was a bug in it then we'd take a look. Hypothetically speaking, of course.

• 23Haha
  • 7Like
Reactions:
German campaign. I tried to build Koenigstiger Tiger II from tank designer. But when it comes to 3D display choices you only have TIger I and Tank destroyer models.
When it comes to Panzer division designer it is also completely messed up. Tiger II 3D model is just disappeared from the game. Other related advanced heavy tank models aren't properly displayed.
Medium tank. There is only Panzer IV model and some TD, AA, SPG models.. Panther and Panzer III models are just disappeared.
In the Light tank menu I see only Panzer II, Leopard and other models are missing. Neither the divisional 3D model on the map doesn't fit correctly.

I bought and own Axis and Allied Armor pack both and now my DLC's are just disappeared. I stopped playing while waiting for the fix. When is the fix? @MatRopert

I bought and own Axis and Allied Armor pack both and now my DLC's are just disappeared. I stopped playing while waiting for the fix. When is the fix? @MatRopert
If I had a date to communicate I would share it. As you may have seen from this thread this open beta isn't really release-ready yet.
We'll iterate more on it next week then release it once we're happy with the quality.

• 1Like
Reactions:
making my ironman soviet union trotskist run not automatically result in an immediate game-over once the civil war starts is definitely very cool and good!
It's a bug, hope soon will be solved
20211126130649_1.jpg

Mind implementing my quickfix mod for Southeast Asia region and a fellow player's Ostland quickfix. It's just fixes found in common, history, and map files. Thank you

Last edited:
Did a quick test with Bulgaria, sent volunteers to Spain, but alas they never came home. The returning home icon appeared, but disappeared after a while and my troops are nowhere to be seen.

I wonder if I can circumvent it by using the recall volunteer mod just before the scw ends. Alas I wont get the bonus by from the focus by doing that.

Nope didn't work, they still disappear. I was feeling a calm axis run Bulgaria campaign! Which is actually more fun than I thought, since you can ask for Balkan lands, and eventually core them.
Thanks for info. seems a general issue then. We'll take a look after weekend

Am I the only one who doesn't see country leader names or advisor names? I only see mexico leaders name for some reason, other than that it's just blank.

Didn't have this before I installed beta.
I got this now testing myself also, so confirmed :)

• 5Like
Reactions:
I'd like to confirm a potential bug: it seems that the field marshal motorization priority is not saved between saves. If you load a savegame, the motorization priority of all your army will reset to cavalry. The supply hubs in reach seems to retain the correct motorization, so it could be just a visual bug, but I do not know if when your army moves to other supply zones what prioritization will be selected.

Try to change motorization priority from your field marshal, save the game and reload.

Reactions: